Print Thread
Hop To
B
BarJ Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I'm going to experiment with different hunting and clays loads and 2 or 3 different extended choke tubes in a browning citori (inv +). Is there any distinctions/preferences between Briley, Trulock, and Carlsons? Should I see much improvement over the browning flush fit chokes?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No and no.

Briley makes most of the tubes on the market and they are the "go to" manufacturer. The extended tubes with a Browning shotguns are made by Briley I believe.

If you're gonna be changing chokes frequently, go extended. Titanium tubes are awesome but pricey. Forget ported tubes.

Flush Browning tubes are fine if you just hunt. PM me if you need any; I have a gunnysack full

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I bought Muller chokes for my Blaser F3 and are well pleased with them. They pattern consistently, are lightweight, don't work loose and are easy to clean. My selections were a U0, two U1's, a U2 and a U3. That pretty much covers all my sporting clays needs. BTW, they are extended tubes.

The Muller website is most informative. Take a look and then decide.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BarJ
I'm going to experiment with different hunting and clays loads and 2 or 3 different extended choke tubes in a browning citori (inv +). Is there any distinctions/preferences between Briley, Trulock, and Carlsons? Should I see much improvement over the browning flush fit chokes?

For Clays - go extended for quick easy changes between stations.

For pairs target presentation, I would suggest 2 x Skeet, and 2 x Light Modified
( aka Skeet 2, or sometimes called Improved Skeet) .

Also, Try 1 each of IC, Modified, Improved Modified etc. in whatever brand you choose. I've had good success with all of those brands mentioned on various Sporting guns.

Diffusers have some use on those short range incoming targets that even skeet, or cylinder is too tight for !

Last edited by 338Rules; 02/16/16.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
A choke tube comparison test between the manufacturers of choke tubes was posted on Trapshooters.com last year. The tests showed there was very little difference between manufacturers on the "pattern board" for the same choke constriction.

Doc

Last edited by doctor_Encore; 02/16/16.
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Oh my god, how did we ever manage to hit anything when all we had were fixed chokes?! whistle grin

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
B
BarJ Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Thanks for the info. I have skeet and the standard flush tubes for the inventor plus. I shot an impromtu round of sporting clays with skeet and ic. I hit most close targets and ones coming toward me. Missed the far crosses and ones going away fast. I was using #9 shot (probably not the best choice) and I thought I might be hitting but not breaking the ones going away. I borrowed some #7.5 and started breaking those. As for missing the long crosses, I doubt the choke mattered much, pretty sure it was just me. Sounds like I need to try LM and #7.5.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

157 members (44mc, 35, 345dl, 338rcm, 300Sav, 7887mm08, 15 invisible), 1,599 guests, and 897 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,979
Posts18,499,570
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.