I know this is in the Elk section, but it also applies to deer, turkey, pheasant, fishing, you name it.

I'm fairly new to the CO area, currently living around Golden. Went hunting last fall for elk with my dad and plan on doing the same thing this year. However, being that he lives out of state, I am in charge of scouting some areas. I've been looking at maps and the big game rules book back and forth for a few months, writing down SWAs and STLs to scout out and possibly hunt. (we are just going to put a PP for our first choice and hunt OTC probably 3rd rifle again.)

Anyway, being new to the area im looking for a buddy who maybe knows more public land areas to check out and who would be willing to scout with me. I am perfectly capable of doing this on my own, but accidents happen so I find it's always better to have someone knowing your relative location and be aware if something happens.

Plan on going down to the Spanish Peaks area for Spring turkey, and it looked like a good muley area so if anyone is interested in going down their to scout/hunt turkeys, let me know.