Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 18 1 2 3 4 17 18
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
D.C.

I like liberals-------------------------------------they make good bear bait! grin
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Berkeley, CA. Serious. They have no idea how clueless and out of touch they are. It's like a closed system that reinforces ever more retarded behavior.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rurenabaque, Bolivia

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I went bass fishing on Kate Adams Lake in Arkansas City, Arkansas about 20 years ago. My bud took me to Grundy's Blue Front Cafe ( a house with 4 tables in the dining room) where we feasted on raccoon and chicken (from the front yard). It was an experience I will NEVER forget as long as I live! As "backwater" as it gets!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
navlav8r,

I never understood why Pakistan, India, and Bangladesh, among others, allow trash, dead animals, human sewage, and human remains to be dumped in the water supply. Then they re - use that same water for cooking and bathing, and I assume many of them also drink it, as they probably can't afford bottled water.

I realize they are backward nations without resources, but just dam n.

Seems they at least could spread this refuse on agricultural lands or compost it, where it would still be a problem, but not so much since it would bio - degrade and recycle into the soil.

What am I missing here ?

Myron

How many peckers can a Pecker Checker check if a Pecker Checker could check peckers?
(stolen from shootinurse)
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter

Nyamandalovau,Zimbabwe.

Killed the crap out of the local Kudu and reedbuk.

Got my ass shot at by "rebels." They missed.

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Dordabis, Namibia

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bayonne, New Jersey.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Puerto lobos Mexico, a clapboard and tin ponga village, no electricity and water is brought in on a leaky water truck filling 50 gallon barrels in front of the 'residences'. No bar or restaurant.

Undisturbed sport fishing for the few americans that venture down there. One of those spots you could read in a Hemingway book.

Kent

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Backwater place - - - Does the swimming pool in my backyard count?

> https://dennisup.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/waterfrontsewer.jpg <

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Richard, ever been to Varina?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We used to sail our boat to Cuttyhunk Island off the coast of Massachusetts and anchor in that inner harbor.

[Linked Image]

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Must be Iowa ........ the only person I know that lives there , wants to live in the bush in Ontario as much as possible.

I've been in the bush in NW Ontario, and that's pretty back woods, so ........ Iowa must be

F

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Like krp, a tiny place in Mexico.

La Fridera on Laguna San Ignacio. A couple of fishermen's "houses" (shacks by our standard), water brought in over 40 miles of dirt road from the town of San Ignacio. Can't complain though, one of the fishermen let us stay in his "guest house" instead of camping in the ever present wind, insisted we accept his wife's invitation to dinner (lobster tacos, homemade tortillas, rice, beans, homemade cheese from the family rancho inland), all for bringing a letter out to him from his brother/cousin/some relative back in town where we got watered up.

We repaid the favor by our paying $20 each (about 8 of us) for him taking us out in his panga for a tour of the Laguna and to visit with the gray whales and their calves.

I think we may have passed through a few places worse off than La Fridera, at least my wife seems to think so.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by krp
Puerto lobos Mexico, a clapboard and tin ponga village, no electricity and water is brought in on a leaky water truck filling 50 gallon barrels in front of the 'residences'. No bar or restaurant.

Undisturbed sport fishing for the few americans that venture down there. One of those spots you could read in a Hemingway book.

Kent

Kent:

You should have seen Lobos when we first started fishing the gulf in the late 1950s, early 1960s. The only solid structure was an 8x8-foot concrete-block ice house where the locals stored what they called "vieiras" (scallops) that they stamped out of shark meat with cookie cutters. They'd sell buckets of them to the boats that brought the ice from Bahia Kino. Where those phony tidbits wound up nobody would say.

We'd fly down in a friend's Cessna, land and park on "Main Street", sleep under the wing, and rent a ponga and a "guide" to take us fishing.

Sonora has changed much since I started going down there. Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point) looked like what Lobos does now, and San Carlos and its marina were only pipe dreams of a Mexican developer. Guaymas had the only luxury resort on the mainland of the Sea of Cortez.

The absolute most backwater place I visited in those days was a place called "Abreojos" (Open your eyes) on the Pacific side of what then was the territory of Baja California Sur, a short flight south of the salt works at Scammon's Lagoon.

There was only a landing strip and two wooden shacks at Abreojos. A Mexican couple lived in one and rented the other to Americans who flew down to shoot black brant or fish. They had traps for longostinas (small lobsters) and charged $3 per person per night for room and board, which included three meals of coffee, lobster, beans and tortillas made on the spot.

It got very noisy in January and February, when most of the world's gray whales congregated inside the huge estuary. Floating around them in a blow-up rubber boat was interesting, to say the least. All night long, they'd emerge and blow, making it seem like we were inside someone's lungs.

Damn, I miss those days.

Bill Quimby

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Chicken, Alaska where the town's restroom is called the"Chicken Poop". laugh

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Point Hope, AK. You'd have to see it to believe it.

Ed

Try Stebbins... just a bit smaller but WAY more primitive... or Point Lay, about a third the size of Point Hope I would guess... and a bit special...

Or McCarthy about the time the Pilgrims moved in and the infamous mass shooting happened... lots of places more special than Point Hope... at least there you have some!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Idared

Ahh good old chicken, been there.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Idared

True story... Chicken was named Chicken by default. They wanted to name the town Ptarmigan... but no one knew how to spell it!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Drove all the way around Taiwan shortly after the big 1999 quake... there were some very grim looking little towns in those days. The 7.7 quake did a tremendous amount of damage and killed thousands.

Page 2 of 18 1 2 3 4 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (06hunter59, 257Bob, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 270wsmnutt, 222Sako, 64 invisible), 13,214 guests, and 1,074 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,160
Posts18,542,875
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.