-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 18 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 17 18
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Haiti in the time of Papa Doc, then there was Guadalcanal, lived in Bethel Alaska for a bit! But I would have to say the Island of kauai Hawaii, the people there were just down right rude! I enjoyed my time on Guadalcanal, its a 3rd World Mess but Marines are held in very very high regard, and they were still digging up and disposing of bombs at the Airport in 1996 when I was there, Got in tight with a old local who was a kid when the Japanese had the place, took me all over! And then there was the Steak house run by a New Zealander- you could get a decent steak dinner to boot!

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
FWIW, Main Street America 2016.

[Linked Image]

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Valsdad
How could I forget the booming hotspots of

Hyampon and Hayfork CA

Mora, NM

Pittsburg....................TX

Rosa's tienda at Km 39 in Baja south of Tijuana (back in the 70's not sure it still exists)

Lovely places, all, but not for the folks who are

"Fools for the City"

Geno

Hyampom and Hayfork are both booming metropolises compared to Ruth Ca or Zenia Ca. Heck Hayfork High School was at least 3 times the size of Southern Trinity.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Ever been to Pine Ridge, Batesland, or Sharps Corner South Dakota??

I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
Been close to Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. It is the second poorest county in the United States. As for me, the most backwater place was no doubt Quetico N.P Ontario and the most stunning beauty I have ever seen. Place is indeed desolate. No cars or motors and it is all water. Most desolate place most likely in southeast california on the Arizona state line in 1981 or going through Utah when it said " next gas 103 mi". Then we get gas and it said" next gas 106 MI." Worst SHHHithole , if that is the O.P's question , Well, I did H.U.D. houses in Milwaukee in the early 1980's and go there sometimes. . Milwaukee is really getting bad. A zip code in Milwaukee has the highest welfare in the nation. Truly , a third world city. Been through bad places in Chitcago, went through Detroit , Buffalo NY. Seemed the scariest for some reason but I was a kid.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Victorville, CA. What a pit.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
cuznguido,

"JOKE. C'mon man."

I knew that - it is why I answered the way I did.
Got a bit of a chuckle out of it.

Myron

How many peckers can a Pecker Checker check if a Pecker Checker could check peckers?
(stolen from shootinurse)
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Any where in Texas. True chit hole.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Pine Ridge, or Red Shirt SD

I like liberals-------------------------------------they make good bear bait! grin
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Kaunakakai, Molokai in Hawaii. I was born and raised here and 6 decades later - still here. 2 gas stations (4.06 gal) a couple of stores, the barge from Honolulu cones in on Mondays and Thursdays. if you want whipped cream in an aerosol can or other stuff you have to get to the store as soon as it comes in or do without for another week. One pizza joint, one burger joint and a few restaurants. Probably since I was born here I don't get "rock fever" but lots of folks do and move to "Vegas" but soon return. Lots of "snow birds" come here in the winter to escape the cold and support our economy. Had a Ohio snow bird come in today to buy 22 ammo! Goggle Molokai, Hawaii to find out more. Mel

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by melchung
Kaunakakai, Molokai in Hawaii. I was born and raised here and 6 decades later - still here. 2 gas stations (4.06 gal) a couple of stores, the barge from Honolulu cones in on Mondays and Thursdays. if you want whipped cream in an aerosol can or other stuff you have to get to the store as soon as it comes in or do without for another week. One pizza joint, one burger joint and a few restaurants. Probably since I was born here I don't get "rock fever" but lots of folks do and move to "Vegas" but soon return. Lots of "snow birds" come here in the winter to escape the cold and support our economy. Had a Ohio snow bird come in today to buy 22 ammo! Goggle Molokai, Hawaii to find out more. Mel

Sounds like a paradise compared to Red Shirt, SD count me in!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Shirt%2C_South_Dakota

I like liberals-------------------------------------they make good bear bait! grin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Enrique
Tulsa OK lol. Cracker Barrel there went silent and this hispanic got a lot of stares sat in the very back that night. Made my wife and brother in law uncomfortable.
Northern AZ, around Fredonia, Jacob Lake and that stuff is pretty deliverance like, can't imagine what colorado city is like if I thought those were like that.
Border towns in AZ are pretty weird too.
Of all the places tho, I would have to say Elfrida AZ and that Sulfur Springs Valley is pretty odd. I think the devil roams that valley at will. I've read too many kids killing their parents/grandparents and murders in general for a population of that size.

Kique

[Linked Image]

Jeez, Man,....ya' just have me rollin' here.

Uh,...you DO know what the number of that highway runnin' through there was, not that long ago, dontcha ?

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was hoping to get your attention lol. Ive miss you cabron smile
Yeah it was 666 before they changed it to 191.
I swear there have been some pretty sick murders down in that area. Last one I remember I think it was 2 grandkids took out their grandparents. Havent followed the news much to know if theres been any lately.
Whats interesting tho is people there are hit or miss, but most of them seem so nice. atleast they did in 2003 when I worked at vision quest.
What do you think of the area since you are close to it?

Kique

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by dodgefan
Originally Posted by Valsdad
How could I forget the booming hotspots of

Hyampon and Hayfork CA

Mora, NM

Pittsburg....................TX

Rosa's tienda at Km 39 in Baja south of Tijuana (back in the 70's not sure it still exists)

Lovely places, all, but not for the folks who are

"Fools for the City"

Geno

Hyampom and Hayfork are both booming metropolises compared to Ruth Ca or Zenia Ca. Heck Hayfork High School was at least 3 times the size of Southern Trinity.

Forgot about Zinia and Ruth, but just to let all those folks out there know that Cali isn't all L.A., San Fran, and San Diego we could add to the list all along the NW coast of the state.

Orick, (with more than a handful of teeth you might be the handsomest man in town!)
Gasquet, Salyer, Hoopa, Forks of the Salmon, Maple Creek, Kneeland, etc.

And for those really interested, I think I heard the other day that the town of Bridgeville is for sale.............. again. Yes folks the whole town.

Geno

PS, I don't know how I could have forgotten Orick, what a reputation that place had when I lived near there in the 90's.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Tennessee. grin

You got a purdy mouth boy...

West Virginia

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Spent some time in the jungle on the Peru-Colombia border. One did not go out at night and look to hard at the river traffic. Food was what you caught, and the water was undrinkable without a lot of purification.

The worst, scariest backwater i have ever been at was on the way to Weatherbys (the old one in Southgate) when i got turned around and had to cruise through the neighborhood around the Watts towers. The Yanomamo tribal warriors looked downright friendly compared to these porch monkeys drinking beer at 10am...

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Kaktovik, Alaska was a [bleep], probably still is, Scorbysund Greenland was probably the most backwater. St Paul and Akutan deserve a honorable mention as well as most of the coastal villages along the Bering Sea coast

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Haven't you Dudes ever been thru rural Nevada? Ewwwww... sick

Try Montello, Denio, Tuscarora, Midas, Owyhee and Carvers. A little bigger, but also Hawthorne, McGill, Austin, Pioche, and Beatty.

There ain't a late season buck tag in Nevada worth any of this.

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Hombre

Try Montello, Denio, Tuscarora, Midas, Owyhee and Carvers. A little bigger, but also Hawthorne, McGill, Austin, Pioche, and Beatty.

For you I thought It would have been the dry out center.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by dawggone
Originally Posted by Hombre

For you I thought It would have been the dry out center.

We are talking here about places.....not your old lady's snatch.

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

Page 9 of 18 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (1936M71, 1234, 007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 12savage, 59 invisible), 2,507 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,684
Posts18,475,043
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.