Print Thread
Hop To
#10980098 02/21/16
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
So, how do you rid yourself of household garbage, and all that other "stuff", that needs gone?
City pickup, burn out back other?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Haul it to a local dump/recycling center.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Garbage man comes around on Wed. It costs 2 bucks a bag. (you buy little stickers for the bag)

I go through 3 bags a month - give or take.

Me

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I find most things that seem worthless to me, can be valuable to others. We have a few 'curb hawks' here that will scoop up most anything. They clean, fix, repurpose...whatever...I usually place it in a way that they have to take it all or nothing. Whatever doesn't go get sent to the dump.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We pay (non-optional) for once-a-week pickup of garbage (one 32-gallon can) and recycling (2 boxes supplied by company). Anything beyond that requires extra stickers than can be purchased at city hall.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Commercial seven yard dumpster.

$47/month.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
I find most things that seem worthless to me, can be valuable to others. We have a few 'curb hawks' here that will scoop up most anything. They clean, fix, repurpose...whatever...I usually place it in a way that they have to take it all or nothing.

I've got a like-new, commercial grade several-hundred-pound elliptical exercise machine that is going on the curb this week, if I can lug it there.

Problem is........I live at the end of a cul-de-sac street. frown

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A couple years ago I had 3 rolls of WELL used woven wire to get rid of. I just put them out by the road with a FREE sign on them. 30 min later there was a woman sitting on one while hubby went home for the pickup.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Outside of tin cans, newspapers and actual refuse, we throw very little away. Craig List free ads are your friend. Junk wood, metal debris (put a rotted out woods stove and two broken down push mowers) goes to curb and on Craig's list. Heck, I did that one time and went out to mow the front yard and everything was picked up before I even finished mowing. There's a lot of scrappers out there that watch those Craig's List ads every day. I put a pile of pine firewood out there from a tree we took down and it was gone in 20 minutes.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
we have two big trash cans, one dedicated to recycle, one for normal stuff, city pickup once a week. Every so often city has a special big up for stuff that won't fit in containers.
having said that arizona is a border state with mexico, i.e. plenty of new arrivals around that cruise looking for stuff set at the curbside. Usually it goes away fairly quickly such as furniture, bicycles, appliances etc.
I have seen trucks headed south near the international line piled high to the cab with junk. They also tend to loot the containers at shopping centers where you can donate stuff such as clothing and so on.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Send it to the White House!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The only thing that we can recycle here is aluminum, newspaper, and cardboard. The paper all goes to an insulation company. There's no outlet for glass, etc. so it all just goes to the landfill.
We're out in the country. We pay $26/mo for a 95 gal dumpster and 1/wk pickup. It would be cheaper to haul it to the dump but then I'd have to store it all until I had a load. It's worth the price for the convenience.

A few years ago the insulation company got in a truckload of baled cardboard from Boise. When they were breaking the bales to go into a shredder, they found a body inside of one. It was a bum who'd crawled into a baler to sleep.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (6mmCreedmoor, 260Remguy, 6MMWASP, 257_X_50, 450yukon, 79S, 10 invisible), 1,551 guests, and 958 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,757
Posts18,476,390
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.