Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Having a very skinny foot I am looking to supplement my Asolo hiking/hunting boots. I came upon these, behold they fit and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them. Any information would be appreciated

Experience is what you get, when you don't get what you want!
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Wow ,107 views and NOBODY has worn these shoes, does anyone even wear this brand of hiking shoes?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've heard great things about Salewa boots in general. They are built narrow but if they fit your feet then they should be good. I don't have any personal experience though so I can't help much.

Le

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Never worn a pair. My sheep hunting partner has a pair of Sail-a-way's, and he wears them for everything except sheep hunting, where he prefers plastics. He claims they are the most comfortable footwear of any kind he has ever worn, which is rather high praise.

His have a little twist lock in the heel that you can change from "hike" mode to "awesome" mode.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I have a pair, absolutely love them. Feels like a quality tennis shoe on the foot, but a great traction boot for hiking. They are great for hunting times of year, warm enough, but I wouldn't want to wear them long in deep snow. They are more of an in between season boot IMO, good for summer, great for spring/fall, but just okay for winter.
I'm tempted to buy another pair.

"The first shot, is worth all the rest"
IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I normally wear an 11, but this 10.5 fits me perfect.

"The first shot, is worth all the rest"
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Can't comment on the boots / hikers but the shoes are the most comfortable thing I have ever placed my feet into... have a pair of the rapaces ordered...will chime in when I give them a break in..

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I wear the Rapace GTX (old model) as a hunting boot in the mountains and a work boot doing fieldwork, biodiversity monitoring work for the Department of Conservation in New Zealand. I'm on my second pair. I spent pretty much the last 6 months wearing them 20 days out of the month in the mountains/bush. I really like them, they're comfortable and lightweight but very capable. The laces they ship with suck, they smell more than some other boots, and they're not as tough as heavier boots, but I can put up with that because they feel great to run around the mountains in. They dry fast when wet. Even wore them mid-winter tahr hunting in the snow and found them capable although obviously not as warm as a more heavily insulated boot. The new model without all the stitching in the upper looks potentially even better, I'll be getting a pair in the next couple of months... although I have some Meindls, Asolos and La Sportivas to wear out/throw out first

Last edited by PathFilmsNZ; 02/24/16.
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I've tried on a lot of boots, very few fit and even less feel better even if they fit. I love my ASOLO Powermatics and they still have some life left but another pair is in the works. If there is one thing about the ASOLO's that is slightly problematic is their weight. They weigh almost as much as my Cabelas Outfitter II's. I'm liking that praise for the Salewa's is high, probably a purchase coming up!

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
The Salewas will not last as long as a heavier boot, but that's the price you pay for light weight.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Timely post. I was also just looking at this brand to replace my last pair of old Kaylands which are great if you have a narrow foot like I do. And the Salewa look similar to my older Kaylands.

Was actually thinking the Mountain Trainer could be a good boot or the Rapace like you mention, just need to find one local to try on.

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Oregonmuley do you have an REI near you, that's where I tried mine on.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

238 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 20 invisible), 1,686 guests, and 987 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,998
Posts18,481,181
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.