Hop To
Page 54 of 120 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 119 120
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by elkhuntinguide
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I thought that was a buffalo.

Impressive Taco, assuming that one has the Tactical suspension. Not an elk hunter but two gutted bulls must have almost bottomed that fuucker out!

It was a buffalo... Tuner has no clue of what he speaks...

Sam... You gotta get this truck lingo down if you you wanna roll hard with the Big Boys... That there pickup is a Taco... Its considered a jap rice burner buy the Ford gals... "Tactical" has no place in the Taco lingo... Its "Ninja" suspension and yes it is Ninja'd out... It was near bottomed out but not quite... It takes 2 bulls and a grown cow to hit rubber...

The Taco got all the glory this year... The Fordson was down with front axle problems, ball joint woes, no boost and glow plug problems... Other than that it runs like a striped ape...

Speaking of "Tactical"... Does that smoke screen on your Ford come factory or did you have that bad bitch installed aftermarket...

Dude, my bad, some Indian guy musta bull-chitted me.... He had a brand new TRD Taco and said it was a 'Tactical Rez Duty' edition.

Your Ford broke down? Holy chit, what did you do, actually drive the chit out of it?!

The brown smoke wagon was in earlier this year for a high pressure oil 'leak' and the usual blown injector(or two). The kid working on it said one of the injectors was actually broke in half. Hell if I know but it was close to $3k to fix it. Luckily the Ford garage is letting me sweep the floors at night to help with the bill.

Dropped the black bomber off at the shop on Monday. It's had a clunk in the front end but only does it in 4 wheel drive. Called yesterday and they had replaced ball joints and were waiting on a drive shaft(the clunk). I'm gonna be sweeping floors and cleaning toilets for another 2 months!

And to top it off the red rocket has a hydraulic leak on the Hydrabed pump. Which is pretty common and not the pickups fault but still.

The smoke screen is proprietary, cows don't even know WTF!

Years ago when I poured concrete in Bozeman my company truck was a Fine '99 with a 7.3 and the 6-speed. I put a chitload of miles on that thing and it only let me down one time. Of course it was all road miles but it was still a good pickup.

And wasn't that the last engine that didn't have all the emissions chit?

Manual were the only thing we had on the farm but an accident left my dad with a permanently fuucked up right arm so he tried an auto, we've used them ever since. Hell now I don't think you can even buy a pickup with a manual?
The yuppie phags must have cried because Ford even pussied up the newer F350 suspension, I have bottomed out many times with an '11 but rarely did with older version.

Idiots buy a big ass pickup they don't need and then cry because it rides too rough.... Ruins it for the rest of us, pizzes me off.

If Toyota ever builds a 'heavy duty' pickup I'd be in line to try one. But until then there really isn't a better option than a F350. But like anything you absolutely need to use everyday it's a GOOD idea to have two or three of them. Loaner pickups are a pain in the ass.

HR IC

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
I just don't know what to say about this thread anymore....

I can't play cause I don't kill elks any more, and I don't own a Taco.

I got a Nissan Xterra cause the sales dude said it was the new Land Rover, impervious to all elements and capable of climbing trees in low gear.

I couldn't afford the Subaru Forester I really wanted.

Besides, the Nissan is big enough that you can get a Yeti cooler in the back!

That plus my .223AI McFlame and Im ready to head down the road to the petting zoo!

Now if only I could find some windage adjustable mounts for the McFlame.....

I shot a fox with it! Couldn't find a creek to throw him or the rifle in to.....

[Linked Image]

Suck it bishes!

Laffin! laugh

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ingwe
I just don't know what to say about this thread anymore....

I can't play cause I don't kill elks any more, and I don't own a Taco.

I got a Nissan Xterra cause the sales dude said it was the new Land Rover, impervious to all elements and capable of climbing trees in low gear.

I couldn't afford the Subaru Forester I really wanted.

Besides, the Nissan is big enough that you can get a Yeti cooler in the back!

That plus my .223AI McFlame and Im ready to head down the road to the petting zoo!

Now if only I could find some windage adjustable mounts for the McFlame.....

I shot a fox with it! Couldn't find a creek to throw him or the rifle in to.....

[Linked Image]

Suck it bishes!

Laffin! laugh

That color scheme is growing on me grin Why don't you hunt Elk anymore?

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Number of reasons, but mainly cause Im too old, fat, and allergic to them. Dressing one, dragging it off the mountain, then skinning and butchering it is sheer torture to the allergic.
Done it scores of times. Decided to stop as a part of the 'aging gracefully' scenario..

My last elk...

[Linked Image]

Last edited by ingwe; 02/25/16.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nice bull, "Gwe, hopefully I'll get mine this fall. Allergic, how so?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Number of reasons, but mainly cause Im too old, fat, and allergic to them. Dressing one, dragging it off the mountain, then skinning and butchering it is sheer torture to the allergic.
Done it scores of times. Decided to stop as a part of the 'aging gracefully' scenario..

My last elk...

[Linked Image]

Man sorry to hear that

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
There's nothing at all wrong with knowing that you just don't want to be aggravated by something anymore. I suspect in another twenty years I'll probably limit it to deer size game as well.

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just cuz I haven't seen someone post one up here yet ... I'll suffer my F150 supercrew happily.

[Linked Image]

-WGM-
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
WGM I like all the room in the back seat area when the seat is folded up. When I replace my 7.3 Super Duty extended cab that looks like its replacement.

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mine (above) is a 2014, which replaced my 2008 model. The back seat of the 2009-2014 F150 models is HUGE, with the seat down, or folded up. The area in the 2015+ models is basically just as huge.

My uncle drives a 2010 F250, and the interior of my truck is practically the same size (ie: just as spacious) as his, if not more. I have NO idea how they accomplished that, but it is. He was considering getting rid of his F250 and going back to an F150 after he saw mine, but he's not ready to get rid of his truck yet. He loves it, and will probably drive it a LOT longer before he's ready to change.

-WGM-
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
elkchunternm,

At least you can afford to plagiarize...you "lucky" kchunt. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!................

'Nut,

Gawwdamned fhuqking weather is REALLY hurtin' production around here,as only (1) new rifle arrived yesterday and I'm Jonesin' on the Anschutz 54...though I reckon I could shoot one of my other 54's. Hint.

Anywhoo...this is one of them Wildkittens in .224"-250 Salvage,a brand new design hot offa da' press. No-turn neck,Mike Rock 1-7" 20" to the crown,Linda Lovelace throat it is not and expressly designed for the Magical Nosler 60gr NPT. Typical heavy filled A5 w/3-way,Marty steel M4 bottom,yada,yada. Always wanted to try a Reupold,so did.

Laughing!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Still lookin' forward to your 30cal "experience" and "results",if only because I've never gunned that diameter either,you AMAZINGLY Clueless Dumbfhuqk. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...................

'holton,

You'd need a co-signer for the primers alone. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!............

EHG,

The pinnacle of both performance and nomenclature is The Taco TURD.

Opt blue and you gain an extry 50hp.

Laughing!.............

Sammo,

Ford never has and never will build anything,that can touch a Taco. Cheer up though...Obama managed both the Popular and Electoral Vote,so your ilk is REALLY on fhuqking fire. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.................

'gwe,

Burrix XTR Signature it with 40MOA eccentrics,shim the stern 2pc base and slam a Fixed Fhuqker on board and you'll be able to do the chambering proud. Be easy to arrange 35 Mils+ remaining on the erector after a 225yd zero with 75A-Max at 3150fps. Hint.

Not that Do Nothing Dumbfhuqkery don't crack me the fhuqk up!

Just sayin'.

Thank me later.

Hint.

Laughing!..............

Oldelkchunt,

Them gaudy colors would put you in cardiac arrest,you best just keep setting on your kchunt and droolin'. Hint.

[Linked Image]

Hey...now isn't that a Fixed Fhuqker?!? Google it.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

Whore-Hey!,

You gonna "shoot" the Imaginary Pretend Elk with your "hard charging" 7mm Roy Built piece of fhuqking schit?!?

It ain't been offa the couch,nor have you!

Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..............

Dooshmike,

Nothing minus Nothing...ain't sumptin'.

Hint.

Laughing!.............

WGM,

I gotta drive one of them pieces of schit at work and it truly sucks ass. You gotta herd it down the road,it rattles like Whore-Hey's Imagination and the mileage is laughable...even with all the gratis fuel one can burn. Ford turn radius is a fhuqking joke too and doubly so in 4-wheel drive,with their crow-hopping clunkety-clunkin' bullschit.

Being surrounded by Fords,REALLY makes a guy appreciate a Taco.

Hint.

Just sayin'..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Almost need waders and a manure shovel to get through that last load of BS

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
How does it feel falling into a 3 foot snowdrift and only the top of your head is showing Big [bleep]? Same ole Same ole photos LMFAO. Hint

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by KenMi

Priceless but Rick keeps him around for amusement.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Almost? nah, it's a pre-requisite.

Hey midgetstick, no, taking a 300 H&H, , ever heard of one? Although i must warn you, there is a restriction prohibiting clueless/classless sociopath midgets from owning one and ESPCIALLY those owning rifles painted to look like the wallpaper at a phaggot bar...

But hell, I'm sure you'll regale us with all your elk pictures, so looking forward to those!

Last edited by jorgeI; 02/25/16.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
WGM,

I gotta drive one of them pieces of schit at work and it truly sucks ass. You gotta herd it down the road,it rattles like Whore-Hey's Imagination and the mileage is laughable...even with all the gratis fuel one can burn. Ford turn radius is a fhuqking joke too and doubly so in 4-wheel drive,with their crow-hopping clunkety-clunkin' bullschit.

Being surrounded by Fords,REALLY makes a guy appreciate a Taco.

Hint.

Just sayin'..................

LOL ... I've driven most all others, and every single one has their pros/cons. Working as a GC, I've got access to ALL kinds of trucks, from my company and/or other people that I work with. My opinion on my truck choice is not without direct comparison to the "competition".

I can't say what condition the Fords you drive are in, but both of my recent F150's have had no rattles, clunkity-clunks, or any of the other stuff you mention. All the schitt in my truck works perfectly, and has proven itself on and off road numerous times.

It's all good though ... nothing wrong with a Taco, but I prefer mine just fine.

-WGM-
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Contact with the blood causes hives, breathing in the dander causes reactive asthma. Deer and antelope do the same thing. African critters do not. grin

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Priceless but Rick keeps him around for amusement.

ya know, when people start abusing drugs and alcohol in their youth, their mental and emotional development stops....

if you figure Stumpy started abusing drugs and alcohol at say 10 years old... then his posts, typing skills, inability to speak English and his imagination... it all fits right in and begins to make sense....

his posts are getting illegible again, which means his Lab must be pissed off at him and isn't typing them for him any more either...

it ain't easy being Schtick, but ya gotta give the little Schmuck an A for effort...

as a side note.... can you imagine how bonkers the spell check on Schmucklette's computer must be every time he posts something?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Contact with the blood causes hives, breathing in the dander causes reactive asthma. Deer and antelope do the same thing. African critters do not. grin

so you're moving from MOntana to Africa? or Oakland?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tree pictures dammit Schticky...we need tree pictures to make this official!!

WTF??

Last edited by 300MAG; 02/25/16.
Page 54 of 120 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 119 120

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (1badf350, 17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 61 invisible), 2,330 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,702
Posts18,494,272
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.