Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 58 of 120 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 119 120
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Big Stick

EHG,

I'd read about the 223AI some weeks ago and it sounds intriguing. I believe I will definately build one,after your Elk picture...as The Goo Tourney has long been of interest to me.(grin)

We need to getcha a visit.....................

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!!! Pump your fückin' brakes and slow the fück down for a minute... The 223AI is some serious schitt here... You gotta have skillz to handle one of these fückers... Only those with the upmost knowledge of reloading, shooting and all around badassery should even attempt it... Don't go trippin' the turdy turdy just yet...

As soon as I can unfück myself with my clusterfück and the swelling goes down we'll try and finger something out... I'll get me couch shipped up there and we can sit on the porch and poke fun at everybody else in the trailer park... Maybe go all out savage and microwave some of them catfish you catch, maybe light up a sparkler or two...

Give the tribe my love...

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dan_oz
Originally Posted by SuperCub
[Linked Image]

You're not wrong!
grin

He goes for it EVERY time! ..... "Who'z a good boy?". smile

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by djp

I'm more in the camp of 'the dude abides'...until he don't. "458 taking a run at BS" was lame, so I bit...I mean, this is the frickin internet...where grown men come to act like adolescents in the school gym locker...a bit of banter shouldn't be mistaken for anything that serious.

Seems accurate to me.

GYM LOCKER BANTER

Originally Posted by 458Win
Stick told it like Stick wanted it to be -and he was adamant about it, but that didn't always make him right.
I tried hard to actually meet the man- as anyone with as much exerience as he claimed to have would have been interesting and informative. He refused to even give me his name and insulted me (anonymously of course).
I offerd to buy him a beer and meet him when he came through Anchorage but again he said he could afford to choose who he drank with and I wasn't on his list.

These forums are great - but self proclaimed, anonymous experts who refuse to verify their expertise generate a lot more heat and smoke than light. Unless you are on the witness protection program I would prefer to see folks use their real names and address on here - just as they do when they sign up.

Anonymity, like the masks worn by terrorist, give courage to cowards.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
These forums are great - but self proclaimed, anonymous experts who refuse to verify their expertise generate a lot more heat and smoke than light. Unless you are on the witness protection program I would prefer to see folks use their real names and address on here - just as they do when they sign up.

Anonymity, like the masks worn by terrorist, give courage to cowards.

Bingo

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Sam...picked up the vehicle and am having a devil of a time getting number one daughter to get her arse out of the drivers seat.
I am starting to suspect that the vehicle isn't mine.

[Linked Image]

J, I take it your daughter is happy with the new vehicle?

That thing is almost futuristic looking!

And I don't see any ice on the creek, what the hell?!

It was actually t-shirt weather here yesterday afternoon when we worked yearlings. Almost too nice, didn't freeze last night so this morning should be extra fun getting around on the mud.

[Linked Image]

And I got the black POS back from the shop yesterday. New front brakes, new front drive-line, replaced hub seals, ball joints, should be good now for awhile. New shocks and tires and the right(or left?) bank of injectors last fall. Like a new pickup now, whoo doggies!

I'd still wouldn't mind driving a half-ton or a rig similar to yours but work dictates the rough riding toad.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

It will probably break your heart, but I have never even seen ice like you have pictured...and snow only once!

There are a few of the monsters you drive floating around here but they are not popular, and none use them out in the paddock as it is too difficult to peer over the bonnet for stumps and star pegs.

The Hilux holds 80 litres and is supposed to get somewhere between 8 and 9 litres to the 100 kilometres, according to other owners I have talked with..

Number one daughter and I were up all last night going through the instruction books to work out the camera, GPS, and assorted bells and whistles...these things are no longer a paddock vehicle as there is too much carpet and cloth, but the drink cooler in the dash is a nice touch, and the minor fact that the thing recognises my 9 year old slider phone is definitely a plus as I absolutely detest those smart phones.

Regards.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
J, I LIKE the drink cooler idea, that would be handy in the summer!

And that is baby ice, most winters it'll be 2-3 times as thick on the river.

What do the ranches down there use to pull a stock trailer?

We hire semi's for moving the cattle out from the home place(wintering grounds) to the summer grass, but also use a gooseneck stock trailer like this for smaller jobs or horses, etc..

[Linked Image]

I've seen pics of the road trains and they are impressive but obviously they use smaller setups for hauling a pony around or turning bulls out?

Talk to you later, time to head out and see how greasy it is!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

For later.

The stations all pretty much use Landcruisers with a tray for any heavier work...even teenage kids are driving around here in new V8 cruisers.

The stock trucks move any numbers or significant weight...otherwise cruisers rule the paddock.

And just to be a mongrel I shall mention that it is currently 12.22 am and 22.3 celsius (72.14 Fahrenheit).

Perfect!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Ag, how's that Cooper shooting?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote=JSTUART]
paddock, bonnet,for stumps and star pegs, litres, kilometres, slider phone, stations, Landcruisers with a tray,cruisers rule the paddock,mongrel [JSTUART}

For a minute there, I thought I woke up on the wrong continent....

But it beats lissening to the stickchasers...

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Probably shooting bugholes with his good bullets, with no need to use 105's at granny speed to compensate for an overinflated ego.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'jrd,

The astute will always grab the salient facts and run with 'em and Whining Kchunts will never not always find sumptin' to Whine about.

You very nearly said sumptin' about The Rifle,but hadta Whine instead.

Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.............

'STUART,

I'd be curious to rally that crummy,to see how it behaved. Weight distribution appears favorable and the ass may not be that light.

Wouldn't take but 30 seconds to know...................(grin)

djp,

I'm in the fortunate position,that Dumb Fhuqkers are lined up for miles to "tell" me stuff. It's funny how many of 'em dream to rub shoulders.

Same old schit... when it's all said and done,they will have said a LOT more,than they done.

Yet another of Life's many constants................(grin)

EHG,

I have a pard who has a 223AI and he's gonna throw it in the crummy this morning. I'll give it a whirl and see what all the fuss is about.

Best to you and Mom..................

SuperKchunt,

Was you ever able to remember they year it was,that you last went Outdoors?!? Didn't think so. Laughing!

Only a dozen rifles in the crummy thus far,waitin' on the 2nd pot of coffee to brew,to top off the thermos bottles. Will shoot more today,that you have in years and years of your "life".

You "lucky" kchunt.

Laughing!................

'buck,

I've a hunch I wasn't guessing and someone was prolly trying to extoll the "virtues" of a certain notorious piece of fhuwking schit Reupold glass,which I just "happened" to own and had shot more than the Fluffer could Imagine to Pretend.

Never been tough to cypher who shoots and who don't...............(grin)

Oldelkchunt,

You are still suckin' a mean ass...you "lucky" kchunt.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.................

Sammo,

50 here,blowing 50 and the rain is unfortunately trite. Nice day to practice Wind Readin' and Wind Engleesh.

Mighta seen some 162's in the crummy!

Laughing!............

Techsan,

She hasn't heard it go "BANG" yet,but it's close.

Laughing!.............

'22,

Whining Kchunts will always find reason to Whine,no matter how they gotta compensate Coriolis.

FUNNY schit.

Laughing!................

'Mi,

Describe the "good" bullets,as per the Delusions of your Imagination and it's Pretend. I assure you,it WILL be fhuqking funny!

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...................

Hummer Duel.

[Linked Image]

Film at 11:00.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

'STUART,

I'd be curious to rally that crummy,to see how it behaved. Weight distribution appears favorable and the ass may not be that light.

Wouldn't take but 30 seconds to know...................(grin)

I took it down to the river bend last night in the dark and went through the trees at 60 kph, it handled the tight turns, holes and slush with no problem...wasn't up to taking it further as my wife was doing her best to rip the passenger side door handle off and my daughter was screaming laughter into my ear from the back seat.

And to be frank any faster and I would have wrapped it around a tree...that and I did not feel like doing that to 60+ grand.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

To help this whole thread and everyone watching, I decided it is best to do a Reader's Digest version of Stick and his delusional posts.

I took the same phrases he wears out over and over, posted them so you could get through his meaningless rants and get to the bottom of the page faster.

After all the phrases he wields about, are taken out, the sum total of any of his posts are nothing more than lots of spaces and the only thing left once the phrases are gone is:

p
p
p
f
f
f
f
t

(Fart) Epic hint...

Whining Kchunts
Bless your heart.
Laughing!.............
(grin)
Dumb Fhuqkers
You "lucky" kchunt.
fhuwking schit Reupold
You are still suckin' a mean ass...
Bless your heart.
Delusions of your Imagination and it's Pretend.
I'll feign my "surprise"
Clueless Lying Piece Of fhuqking Schit
Do Nothing Brokedick Turd Polisher,
You "hardhargers" REALLY "get after it"!

Hint.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Stick, what stock is that on the ruger in that pic?

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
'jrd,

'Mi,

Describe the "good" bullets,as per the Delusions of your Imagination and it's Pretend. I assure you,it WILL be fhuqking funny!

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...................

A bullet so designed that it doesn't need sheer weight alone to perform. A bullet that is not cup and core so it actually retains weight and penetrates without becoming a shred of copper and lost lead bits. The same bullet that I have seen go ass to brisket and keep going on a 230 pound whitetail. And at the same time leaving a path of damage that would be a trauma surgeons nightmare. All in 80 grains, and weigh about 79.5 if you can recover one.

And, I don't give a rat's rosy red ass if it can or can't shoot 1400, 1500, 1600 yards, or whatever other imaginary number I want to think of, in the land of unicorns and fairies. I know how to HUNT, and part of that is getting to a reasonable distance from the animal. Hitting a gong at 1500 yards does absolutely nothing for me, and I don't need to waste 1200 rounds of ammo weekly just to hear a gong go "ding".

Thanks for asking.

Last edited by KenMi; 02/27/16.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Suffice to say there, Big Stick,(sorry, I have to laugh at you using the term "Big"..) the short of it (sorry) someday you might get close to the variety of game I've taken and as to fishing, growing up in South Florida and working commercial fishing boats, I've probably thrown back more fish than all the dinks you've ever pretend to have fished. But do keep posting the same pictures over and over again and I'm sure you'll fool somebody here...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I was looking at another website and they mentioned that you should avoid putting pictures of skulls or demon's etc. on your rifle (or pistol and shotgun)in case you ever have to use your gun when someone breaks into your house, etc. The jury might look at your weapon in a very poor light.

Any comments on this?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
When naming your legendary weapon remember that every one has a weapon named "soul reaper" or "dragon slayer" but what enemy can live down the shame of being killed by the "Fluffy Bunny"?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by elkhuntinguide
Ingwe...

You know at this stage of the game its metamucil, polygrip and depends... Those sudden urges to strip down naked once the sun goes down are normal... Hell I've been doing that for years... Don't mean ya can't shoot an elk... Plenty of young fellas out there willing to help out a senior citizen... Just keep your hands to yourself...

The 223ai is a nice one... I shot this cow with mine and decided I best back the load down a smidge as it wasted a lot of meat...

[Linked Image]

I need some of that ammo for my 223 AI,

Page 58 of 120 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 119 120

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1badf350, 257Bob, 2500HD, 1941USMC, 219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 55 invisible), 2,492 guests, and 1,343 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,902
Posts18,518,528
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.