Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
Anybody heading out for Snows this year? I'm heading to Mound City MO on Thursday and will be hunting for 4 days starting Friday. We did this hunt last year and had a blast, nothing like a 10,000 goose tornado coming down into the decoys. It sure is an amazing sight. I'll try to get some pics up as we hunt. Hope you guys get to get out and join in on the fun.

GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Gotta wait till mid March for the season to open here in Alberta. Once they get here I am planning to chase them north as they migrate. This is our second year of a Spring season in Alberta so lots of learning going on. Going to be fun!

D
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
I'd really like to hunt Alberta as they head south, then you get the mixed bag. I drove through Alberta on my way down from AK, it's an amazing place. I never saw so many geese in my life than I did there.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
We've got a week left of smacking canadas, then we'll set the snow goose spread and get about two weeks of good shooting

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by duckslayer56
I'd really like to hunt Alberta as they head south, then you get the mixed bag. I drove through Alberta on my way down from AK, it's an amazing place. I never saw so many geese in my life than I did there.

Due to the warm winter we have had here in SE Alberta where I live we have had more Canada's overwinter on the river in Medicine Hat than I can remember seeing in the 15+ years I have lived here. They number in the high hundreds at least, possibly well over a thousand. Have spent many days watching them fly out to feed in the surrounding fields.

Drove to Lethbridge on the weekend in search of Snow goose decoys, there were many hundreds more in that area.
Folks are pumped about the upcoming Spring Season as I couldn't locate a Snow goose decoy. Will have to range further from home before the season opens I guess. My meagre flock of about a hundred could use some help, although I prefer to hunt smaller areas with quality feed sources that are suited to smaller decoy flocks.

We do tend to have pretty good waterfowling here in Alberta.....

IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
I'm jealous!! You boys have fun and shoot a few for me.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Heading to Missouri this coming Friday. Hope to get in some good hunting!

D
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
850,000 on squaw creek last night

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hitting Lesser Snows next weekend in SE Colorado.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
D
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
Over 1 million in squaw creek refuge tonight. Looks like the migration is heading through pretty quick. We killed 28 today, would have probably doubled that but we had a giant flock land in the field next to us and suck in every bird in the air. You Just can't compete with live birds, after they got up the wind stopped and everything gained altitude when they flew. We got a couple to come on after that, but most just headed over us. Last day hunting tomorrow, hopefully it's at least a 70 bird day!

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Change in destination, South Dakota bound. Truck and trailer is packed, ETA in Alexandria 2:00 pm Fri!

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Good flocks of snows have hit the the North/South Dakota border this morning, heading north out of Sand Lake.

D
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
Sounds like this one is moving quick. I had a buddy head to Missouri last week and reported really slow hunting. I guess we were lucky, we were originally scheduled to head down the same time as him, but my buddy's dad had a schedule change at work and we ended up going a week and a half earlier than expected. Unfortunately now my shotgun is put up for a while until turkey opens in the middle of April.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
The last few flocks of juvies appear to be passing through the North/South Dakota border already. Nothing left basically.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (1Longbow, 204guy, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 60 invisible), 2,007 guests, and 1,115 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,468
Posts18,508,386
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.