Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Funny I should see this thread

Just did a recipe from Lidia's Italy; Cauliflower braised in an Amatriciana Sauce.

Really simple. Basically a Marinara with Bacon or Pancetta (Prosciutto will work well as well as Guanciale or Speck)

Put the head of cauliflower in a pot with the sauce and simmer till tender. Add Chicken Stock to thin as needed during the process.

R,

that sounds delicious

I did a quick search but wasn't able to locate the recipe. You wouldn't happen to have a link you might share?

Geno

PS, the other recipes look pretty good to folks, but I love cauliflower and can just eat it right off the head with nothing on it, so what do I know? blush

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

opposite here. Wife loves eggplant, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts. I won't eat any of that stuff. I can cook it all, and do, but I won't eat any of it.

Sam, you picky little sumbisch. smile

Funny, as I've got home grown recipes for all of those.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Funny I should see this thread

Just did a recipe from Lidia's Italy; Cauliflower braised in an Amatriciana Sauce.

Really simple. Basically a Marinara with Bacon or Pancetta (Prosciutto will work well as well as Guanciale or Speck)

Put the head of cauliflower in a pot with the sauce and simmer till tender. Add Chicken Stock to thin as needed during the process.

R,

that sounds delicious

I did a quick search but wasn't able to locate the recipe. You wouldn't happen to have a link you might share?

Geno

PS, the other recipes look pretty good to folks, but I love cauliflower and can just eat it right off the head with nothing on it, so what do I know? blush

You can find a recipe for Amatriciana Sauce on the web. Simply braise the cauliflower in the sauce in a covered pot, adding stock as needed.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Dip florets in egg, roll in bread crumbs and fry

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One we like is to boil it until soft. Then into the mixer just with sour cream, butter, and some milk. Mashed cauliflower instead of potatoes. Top with anything you like on your mashed potatoes. My two boys dig it. Especially if bacon and cheese are involved...

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
+1 on the mashed I've been doing that the past few weeks

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

90 members (10gaugemag, 6MMWASP, 673, 79S, 2ndwind, 8 invisible), 1,737 guests, and 830 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,759
Posts18,514,950
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.