Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Daveh Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Anyone use the Ghost Edge or similar and decide like me to go back to factory?

I like the solid feel before the break. Gets lighter with an Edge connector but not as crisp.

Just wondering....more I shoot them the better I like them stock except for the controls (prefer ext mag release and slide release)

Dave

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The ZEV V4 Race connector is the best I've tried & all of my Glocks now have one in them.

Couple that with a competition (heavier) trigger spring, everything polished up & you will generally end up at around 4-4.5 lb & significantly crisper than stock.........just remember that nothing is ever going to be like a 1911 trigger no matter what the advertising says.

One of the keys in shooting a striker fired gun is just to pull the trigger straight through.........can't pull it exactly like a single stage because of the stacking, so once you begin, pull it straight through w/o babying it, if you get my drift.

Also on any of my Glock that use the very abrasive (to me) grooved trigger, I replace those with a smooth trigger.

Just what works for me, YMMV.

MM

ZEV Tech V4 Race Connector

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I never did understand all the fuss about the issue trigger. I find it works just fine.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some of the stock Glock triggers feel just fine, others not so much; Some get to the point of being OK with just some polishing, some not so much.

Just depends on how you like your triggers to feel.

Most seem to improve over time with use.

Just depends on how you like your triggers to feel.

Did I say it just depends on how you like your triggers to feel?

I don't usually want to wait for the 5K round mark for my triggers to feel like I like to to feel.........hence, I speed things up a bit.

Never met a Glock trigger that didn't feel better to me after a little TLC.

MM

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I never did understand all the fuss about the issue trigger. I find it works just fine.
Same here. I used to hate it. Now I prefer it. Just a matter of putting the time in.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are you a settler? wink

MM

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Are you a settler? wink

MM
Yep. Cable TV for me. LOL.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

Slow is smooth, and slow is still slow.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Evo Elites with spring kits in all of mine plus a polish on all surfaces with a Dremel and polishing compound.

At first I missed the 'two stage' hard stop but got over it quickly. My shooting buddy hasn't changed his yet and it's VERY noticeable shooting his next to mine. All my Glocks now have the same 'feel' and that feel is much smoother, crisper and lighter.

I won't be going back.

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Daveh Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I have a kit in my 43 and like it. One of my 19's was purchased with a bunch of work unbeknownst to me. It still has a felt stop but with much less effort to break. Wish all mine were like it but you can still feel a point which you know just a little more and it's going BANG.

I like being able to take up the slack and hold it right there knowing just a little more pressure it's going to fire.....

Yes, a good 1911 is a different world. I have a nice Dan Wesson and a NH Talon. Sweetness....
Dave

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
IC B3

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y

One of the keys in shooting a striker fired gun is just to pull the trigger straight through.........can't pull it exactly like a single stage because of the stacking, so once you begin, pull it straight through w/o babying it, if you get my drift.

If it works for you, but IMO, no.

It's a two stage trigger; shoot it that way.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Yondering

My comment is aimed towards assuming you intend to shoot when you begin the trigger pull..........if the situation requires taking up the slack or 1st stage & holding, then obviously, the trigger is not pulled straight through.

And yes, it works for me, especially in any kind of speed shooting.

MM

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Straight through on round one.... just like Shane.... then the rest are fired from reset.

Be cautious running trigger mods in a carry pistol.... there could be legal ramifications for that modification if the pistol ever has to shoot a "bad guy".... remember, they have "rights" too.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The Fulcrum Trigger is my favorite

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Straight through on round one.... just like Shane.... then the rest are fired from reset.
Yep.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Yep.

+2 Glocks rule for this reason, among others.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Be cautious running trigger mods in a carry pistol.... there could be legal ramifications for that modification if the pistol ever has to shoot a "bad guy".... remember, they have "rights" too.

I've wondered about this myself. I have a pyramid trigger sitting in a box that I ordered for a G19. I carry the pistol on occasion and have concerns about that.

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by Yondering

My comment is aimed towards assuming you intend to shoot when you begin the trigger pull..........if the situation requires taking up the slack or 1st stage & holding, then obviously, the trigger is not pulled straight through.

And yes, it works for me, especially in any kind of speed shooting.

MM

OK, for the first round on a quick shot, yeah. But if you're pressing "all the way through" on subsequent shots you're not shooting from reset. You shouldn't need to use the full stroke of the trigger every shot, like you would on a double action revolver.

Maybe it's just my interpretation of your wording, but your original comment makes it sound like more work on trigger control would help you. If that's not you, then this can help clarify it for those who don't know any better.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Be cautious running trigger mods in a carry pistol.... there could be legal ramifications for that modification if the pistol ever has to shoot a "bad guy".

What are you basing that on?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Be cautious running trigger mods in a carry pistol.... there could be legal ramifications for that modification if the pistol ever has to shoot a "bad guy".

What are you basing that on?

Nothing.... other than having heard it a couple times from CC instructors. Something about gun company lawyers....

You slick-up the trigger in your duty rig?

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (01Foreman400, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10Glocks, 55 invisible), 2,337 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,649
Posts18,493,368
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.