Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Bbear Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
without a hazmat? If so, what way would be best?

Support your local Friends of NRA - supporting Youth Shooting Sports for more than 20 years.

Neither guns nor Liberals have a brain.

Whatever you do, Pay it Forward. - Kids are the future of the hunting and shooting world.
GB1

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Yes, via UPS or Fedex and affix an ORM-D label on the package.

Last edited by warpig602; 02/29/16.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
ORM-D label is all that is necessary, hazmat is not needed. Can only ship via UPS or Fedex, not USPS.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
WHAT!!!! Why not USPS

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Cause its agin the law!

JohnP
IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by johnp034
Cause its agin the law!

NO WAY

Bbear Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks, in that case, I have some 'left-over' rounds to get rid of.

Support your local Friends of NRA - supporting Youth Shooting Sports for more than 20 years.

Neither guns nor Liberals have a brain.

Whatever you do, Pay it Forward. - Kids are the future of the hunting and shooting world.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cost is a bit higher than regular freight. UPS charges extra for "adult signature required" on ammo. Last ammo I shipped ran almost $30.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gemby58
Cause its agin the law!

NO WAY

Oops...... grin

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by Citori16
Cost is a bit higher than regular freight. UPS charges extra for "adult signature required" on ammo. Last ammo I shipped ran almost $30.

There is no adult signature required for shipping ammo.

The UPS rules are at https://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/ship/packaging/guidelines/firearms.html

To avoid misinformed employees it is best to print one's own label and drop the package off, or just hand off to your driver. Ammo may not be dropped off at a UPS Store or third-party shipping outlet.

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Cause its agin the law!

NO WAY

Powder, primers, loaded ammunition, and brass primed with live primers are all forbidden via USPS.

Try it yourself. Order a single box of whatever ammo you care to from whatever vendor you care to. Explain to them that you don't have a street address, that UPS and FedEx won't deliver to your home, and that it MUST be mailed via USPS. See what they say.

Or just go down to your local Post Office to mail your box of ammo and when the clerk asks you, "Is there anything liquid, fragile, hazardous, or perishable in there?", just say, "Nope. Just a box of loaded ammunition." and see what happens.

JLarsson - Hunter, shooter, reloader.........Mostly in that order. wink
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Gartenmeister
To avoid misinformed employees it is best to print one's own label and drop the package off, or just hand off to your driver.

+1 Sign up for a free account and pay online, print at home. I got this tip from a Pack N Mail employee when I was honestly asking for a way to NOT have to drive 35 miles one way for a drop off.

Ammo may not be dropped off at a UPS Store or third-party shipping outlet.

Not true.
They cannot SELL the postage for such. They can however take the package and put it in their pick up pile if it's postage paid. See above.

In the link above you will see that UPS's options are a pick up by a regular route driver or drop off at a distribution center, no 3rd party but the 3rd party is a regular stop for the driver hence you're handing off on a regular route as long as it's pre-paid.

UPS has printable labels you can print and cut out for the symbol. You can forgo the label/symbol but if you do you must write AMMUNITION SMALL ARMS on the package.

Choice is simple.

Oh....and don't ship in the original box only....unless the box is a case box. Use something sturdy. UPS even has ammo packing tips/regulations in the link provided above.

I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
In most cases shipping low quantity ammo ORM-D is not cost effective. Shipping cost often approaches or exceeds ammo value.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by GasGuzzler
... print one's own label and drop the package off, or just hand off to your driver.

+1 Sign up for a free account and pay online, print at home. I got this tip from a Pack N Mail employee when I was honestly asking for a way to NOT have to drive 35 miles one way for a drop off.

+1

There is a another reason for getting a USPS free account and paying, printing online at home.

You can use "REGIONAL Rate boxes" and save $$$.

The USPS does NOT offer these boxes at the store(i.e. Post Office)... ONLY their more expensive Priority and Express boxes.

BUT you can order REGIONAL Rate boxes online (pack of 10x and 25x free and they are delivered free). REGIONAL Rate A boxes are 2 sizes and accommodate many things and save me $2-$8 per shipping... average savings of $6-$8 if shipping within my time zone 1 or 2 states away. $2 is going West.

I just got some pills from a guy in AZ... he spent $14 to ship... a RR "A" box I sent to a guy in Oregon last month (with more pills & weight) cost me $8 and change.

Last edited by CashisKing; 02/29/16.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by GasGuzzler

]Ammo may not be dropped off at a UPS Store or third-party shipping outlet.

Not true.
They cannot SELL the postage for such. They can however take the package and put it in their pick up pile if it's postage paid. See above.

From the regulation link (emphasis mine), "Note: Cartridges, small arms are not accepted for shipment via UPS Drop Boxes, and may not be tendered to or dropped off at locations of The UPS Store® or any third party retailer or UPS Access Point™ location."

I'm not saying you couldn't get away with it though. I definitely can't, as I believe the owner/operator of the local UPS Store, which is less than 300 yards from my front door, is quite firearm-knowledgeable.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Ghostman
In most cases shipping low quantity ammo ORM-D is not cost effective. Shipping cost often approaches or exceeds ammo value.

There is no extra cost; same as any other package of that weight. But, shipping anything has gotten expensive. Interesting that UPS still adds a "fuel surcharge" even though gas prices have dropped 50%.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Cause its agin the law!

NO WAY

Oops...... grin

That's what I'm saying, OOPS

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Somewhere in the fine print, UPS rules say ammo must go to an adult; thus the req'd "adult signature" per my Shipping Center. Appears different Centers may be more informed than others.

Last edited by Citori16; 03/01/16. Reason: Addn.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JLarsson
Cause its agin the law!

NO WAY

Powder, primers, loaded ammunition, and brass primed with live primers are all forbidden via USPS.

Try it yourself. Order a single box of whatever ammo you care to from whatever vendor you care to. Explain to them that you don't have a street address, that UPS and FedEx won't deliver to your home, and that it MUST be mailed via USPS. See what they say.

Or just go down to your local Post Office to mail your box of ammo and when the clerk asks you, "Is there anything liquid, fragile, hazardous, or perishable in there?", just say, "Nope. Just a box of loaded ammunition." and see what happens.

Lmao! laugh

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by JLarsson
Cause its agin the law!

NO WAY

Loaded ammo is only hazardous in a firearm.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (222Sako, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 56 invisible), 2,635 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,285
Posts18,525,686
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.