-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 67 of 120 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 119 120
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Got it. Not claiming Navy aviators as a whole are not best trained mirrored sun glass wearers.

The fall out rate for 18 series medics, start to finish is way higher than anything else the DOD has to offer.

Intelligence is only a small part of the rating.

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by Rogue
Officers don't get that test administered, way too rudimentary. Their criteria is based on academic background (Four year Bachelor's degree at a minimum and in fields not including basketweaving),then aviation gets a test called AQT/FAR. Completely different (and higher) standards. So you'd lose your wager. Incidentally, the highest standards, at least in the Navy for enlisted ranks, Corpsman doesn't even compare to AW (aviation warfare operator) or any of the Nuke rates. Now if you are talking MDs, whole different ball of wax, but to compare medics to Aviators (even Army ones) in terms of requirements, is pretty far fetched...

Army Roto wingers are required to have a 110 GT score. So are Army enlisted 68W's (basic medics)...

There is NO VEHICLE for an enlisted person to make the jump right into Aviator training in any of the Sea Services (Navy trains them all) or the USAF.

No fuggin schidt sherlock, no one here said there was.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Blowyouonmonday must be chitstick's butt baby. Only with lower IQ.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
[Linked Image]

Sugar tits hopefully you're doing well being out of work and all.

Last edited by fredIII; 03/01/16.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Got it. Not claiming Navy aviators as a whole are not best trained mirrored sun glass wearers.

The fall out rate for 18 series medics, start to finish is way higher than anything else the DOD has to offer.

Intelligence is only a small part of the rating.

Ran 90% when I went through Flight Training. I suspect SEAL is pretty high up there as well. Pre-Flight was head game and PT intensive, near what I went through at PI, except as officers we were not "Thumped" by our Marine DIs like we were in the Crotch. After that, it was academics and of course you HAD to perform flying skills with an often-times dick of a flight instructor. Then of course there was your first carrier landing (day) and nothing in my view compares. Different skill set to be sure, but again apples/oranges comparison which is what I was trying to get through to what I also suspect was our "short" BlueMonday. Lastly, there's been many validated studies of Aviators in combat and night carrier landings and the stress factor for the latter was higher. Lastly, on the subject of medic/corpsmen, Navy also has a further qualification called "independent steam Corpsman", mostly on Subs and they are closer to a PA than a Corpsman. But combat is something our little man is a stranger to...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
How many body bags have you zipped up Jorge? With a team member in them, that is.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
[quote=Rogue] Lastly, on the subject of medic/corpsmen, Navy also has a further qualification called "independent steam Corpsman", mostly on Subs and they are closer to a PA than a Corpsman.

Dumbazz, they're called Independent Duty Corpsmen, or IDC's. Those who've graduated from both the SOF Medical course called SOCM, and the IDC course, are called SOIDC's. Those guys are scarce as hen's teeth in both MARSOC and the NAVSPCWAR units.

There is only ONE unit that requires it medics to pass ALL portions of ALL the gates required of an SF Medic.

I wouldn't expect you to know all of that, as that isn't your wheelhouse, just like I don't know anything about carrier landings, except I don't think I'd have any trouble performing one with a bit of training.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluemonday
The training track and time, attrition rate, training costs to mention a few, should clue you in....

It takes three years to train a "junior" SF Medic. He still needs his hand held for a while.

I'd wager the ASVAB/GT/IQ range of the avg flyboy and the avg SOF medic are comparable.

Snork. After a 4 year degree and then Aviation physiology, it's basically 3 years for an Aviator to make it to the fleet and then another 2 years of on the job quals (section lead, division lead, weapons quals, PMCF, MC) to be considered basically qualified. The road to that has so many opportunities to fail that if you're not way to the right of the bell curve the odds are stacked very much against you.

Your assertion is bunk. Not saying that there are not some intelligent medics, and MANY other non-aviator folks in the enlisted ranks, there are and many have my respect and frankly I owe them my life for doing their job right for the couple plus thousand hours I flew "their" jets off boats. It was my pleasure to endorse several for commissioning and they went on to flight school.

I have also spent some time with active duty SOF sorts. They are without a doubt motivated and bright. Some of that time has been down range doing technical work in my post Navy career. While they often go on to contractor jobs afterwards, none of them would call a civilian contractor an "Operator" (note that none of the guys I worked with, USN and USA, called themselves "Operators". Their job in uniform is infinitely more complicated than a contractors support job.

I find it amusing that so many military now feel the urge to be grandiose and say they were "special forces" or "SEALS" or "Sniper Qualed" or something other than what they were which is someone who served honorably in whatever job they did, even if they were the tail more than the teeth. I blame hollywood and the myriad of "there I was books" from people who should really keep their mouths shut about what they did. grin

I flew as an Naval Flight Officer (ECMO) in the EA-6B and it was nearly the least sexy carrier based jet out there. We did electronic attack, one of the least tangible missions. I was not a fighter pilot. I was just a damn good ECMO.

And for a little picture content!

Savage River Western MD

[Linked Image]

Rapid River ME (me in the river)
[Linked Image]

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, being that I have one THAT WORKS FOR ME and that is what he called it, I'll go with that. Before, in all my years in the Navy 30 four months 17 days (plus two years USMC) I never heard that term... Sp TAK, what is it that you do NOW, as in today?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
. Sp TAK, what is it that you do NOW, as in today?

Today? I've got this Manual Noriega pug/mug lookin' fugger up against the digital fence and tormentin' his azz.

Cheers

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Pugs
[quote=Bluemonday][quote=jorgeI]

I find it amusing that so many military now feel the urge to be grandiose and say they were "special forces" or "SEALS" or "Sniper Qualed" or something other than what they were which is someone who served honorably in whatever job they did,

You sayin' I ain't got diplomas for any training I've ever claimed? I'm always ready to take that bet. How much?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Before, in all my years in the Navy 30 four months 17 days (plus two years USMC)

REALLY? Quonset huts didn't have the doilies you prefered?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I always get a kick out of O types that assume enlisted are all dumb drones. Says volumes of their arrogance, ignorance and lack of leadership. Always seems to be support types with no combat experience. I've enough joint time to form a few opinions.

Pulled a lot of DD214's and ERB's to verify claims by Soldiers and civilian prior service members. It's to easy to make a phone call to school houses to verify that the paperwork is real.

Have had some very honest people and some out right lairs. If they claim something from the last 25 years a couple minute bullshitting weeds em out...

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
First of all thank you to all vets and those currently serving.

No clue on the acronyms but I'm thankful for the people that protect this country!

W. Bill,

Endless supply of barbwire....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Looking north.

[Linked Image]

Looking south.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by SamOlson; 03/01/16.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's a great IPA when it's available out here.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
It has a little funky flave but isn't too bad.

My favorite label of all time....

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I always get a kick out of O types that assume enlisted are all dumb drones. Says volumes of their arrogance, ignorance and lack of leadership.

"Enlisted men are stupid, but sly and cunning, and bear watching".

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Great pictures Sam.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluemonday
Originally Posted by Pugs
[quote=Bluemonday][quote=jorgeI]

I find it amusing that so many military now feel the urge to be grandiose and say they were "special forces" or "SEALS" or "Sniper Qualed" or something other than what they were which is someone who served honorably in whatever job they did,

You sayin' I ain't got diplomas for any training I've ever claimed? I'm always ready to take that bet. How much?

I don't think I said anything about you. You seem a little sensitive. Most self-assured successful people I know don't seek validation from others on a constant basis. But then most of the people on the Campfire don't see a need to change their username after several thousand posts. Odd.

A couple more green shots for JStuart.

Up in GunPowder State Park, Maryland
[Linked Image]

Little spring fed pond on a friends place in Pennsylvania. Gin clear and I've never seen a body of water with so many salamanders in it.

[Linked Image]

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Jorge,

What are the typical and/or most common degrees of a pilot? I was good friends with a Naval aviator when I was in college. He was math and a serious diving competitor. He flew A7's IIRC out of Lemoore (I was in San Luis Obispo). He was always welcome as he had money, we were just broke college kids. grin

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Page 67 of 120 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 119 120

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (22250rem, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1234, 19rabbit52, 58 invisible), 2,391 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,862
Posts18,517,846
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.