Print Thread
Hop To
Page 68 of 120 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 119 120
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Nice photos Sam and Pugs...

That Big Sky IPA is tough to get this far south.. Good though.. Cody has Bent Nail.. That is as far south as we have found it..

Sam, does your place board Ft Peck Res.??

Molon Labe
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM
Jorge,

What are the typical and/or most common degrees of a pilot?

In the old days, most degrees seemed to be in beer drinking, ass grabbing and hell raising.

These days, probably multiculturalism and feminist studies would be my guess. wink

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Wyo, the 'home place' is actually on the Rez.

It was opened to homesteading around 1915. 50% of the Fort Peck Rez is currently owned by individuals.

But most of these pics were off Rez on a mix of 'deeded' and BLM/CMR.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Thanks.. Didn't realize that about the Rez, either!! Beautiful country..

Molon Labe
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by jorgeI
The Navy probably pays about 2M to train a Naval Aviator, and jumping out of a perfectly good airplane?

compare that to the $1.25 that Stumpy's employer has invested in him, to go out in the middle of nowhere and make saw dust with a chain saw....

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Fort Peck kicks ass. Love that country.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
As a side note, the dumbest, most arrogant Marine I ever knew was Lieutenant V something...an Annapolis Grad. He was a winner for sure...I think he was the Regimental S4 Officer or something. Don't quite remember but he made a lot of enemies and was as dumb as Savage99.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
[quot and was as dumb as Savage99. [/quote]

Not possible.

Last edited by fredIII; 03/01/16.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by T_Inman
As a side note, the dumbest, most arrogant Marine I ever knew was Lieutenant V something...an Annapolis Grad. He was a winner for sure...I think he was the Regimental S4 Officer or something. Don't quite remember but he made a lot of enemies and was as dumb as Savage99.

Pardon me Sir, but in this case you are an unmitigated liar as there is no way in hell anything could be that stupid and still be breathing unassisted.

I apologise but we like to keep our integrity on this thread.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B3

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Fort Peck kicks ass. Love that country.

Me too.

Big Time.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by EdM
Jorge,

What are the typical and/or most common degrees of a pilot? I was good friends with a Naval aviator when I was in college. He was math and a serious diving competitor. He flew A7's IIRC out of Lemoore (I was in San Luis Obispo). He was always welcome as he had money, we were just broke college kids. grin

Ed: Hatari's post notwithstanding (it is accurate smile ), it depends on the time/demand. My last tour was as Director Of The Navy's Aviation Training School so I can speak at your question with some knowledge. For Naval Aviation, first and foremost is desire. Without it, I don't care how smart/fit you are, you've got to have that. Now as for what we looked for as the "ideal" candidate, was:
1. Technical Degree from a GOOD school. I can't tell you how many we weeded out with Aeronautical degrees from Emory Riddle, etc.
2. Good AQT/FAR scores (Aviation Qualification Test/Flight Aptitude Review) 9/9 being the highest, but anything above 6/7 was good.
3. Athlete, that is, good hand to eye coordination.
And for the record, we also found those who in addition to the above qualifications, had worked their way through school and not necessarily graduates from the Service Academies.

The highest failure rates came from, non-technical degrees, low AQT/FAR scores (below 5/5) and prior enlisted. I am sure that last one will illicit some rage, but I was former enlisted (USMC) and although I had a BS degree (minor in math), enlisted folks are OLDER and yes the younger one is the better one learns, this is a fact and also, they tended to have families ( I did not ) but you just have to devote A LOT of time to after hours study and having a wife and kids was definitively a minus.
Those with prior civilian time one would expect to have an advantage and they sort of did, up to about their FAM-15 Flight (or thereabouts), but their skills were not "The Navy Way" and after that the younger guys caught up. After Primary, there was the first split in training, those with "Jet Grades" (high) went jets and those that did not, went helos or props (P-3s). Same rules apply to the back seat guys. Lastly, and this is more applicable towards the end of Flight Training, the infamous quality spread. While there were guys who wanted to fly say, Intruders, Tomcats etc (almost all of us did), the Navy always spread the wealth as it were. The #1 guy in the class almost always got his wish and the were selected according to the Navy's needs AND quality spread. I was #2 out of 7 in my class and the first and last guy got Tomcats. I did NOT want to fly Vikings, but guess what? that is where they sent me and in the end I was happy I went. So much so that after my first tour in the Pentagon, I worked for a Fighter Admiral and he offered me a transition to Tomcats and I stayed with the S-3. A bit long-winded, but I hope this gives you better insights as to how the sausage is made.

One last thing. I sincerely hope that comment about Officers thinking ALL enlisted are dumb was not aimed at me. I for one WAS one, and I am proud to say I sent many a young sailor to not only the Naval Academy, but to other Universities and special programs as well. Working with "The Troops" was without question, the most rewarding part of my career and If I gave that impression it was not my intent. One more thing: there is just no way I would have survived as an officer without the guidance, leadership and mentoring of ALL my Chief Petty Officers, from my very first one when I showed up to my first squadron, to when I was last "piped over the side" in Pensacola thirty years later. Cheers, J

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Whore-Hey!,

It is funnier than fhuqk that you equate Gub'ment Spending,as a barometer of "evaluation". Again,how many hours of flight time accrued in your "career"? Embellish as you MUST and Lie as you DO. Congratulations?!?

Again,re-again...when was the last time you made a cast or fired a shot in the REAL Outdoors? Round by decade,if it "helps". Laughing!

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

Haevysquawker,

Your kchunt left the couch yet?

Mebbe next year.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.....................

Shrapnel,

I enjoy how your STUPIDITY,grants you the fhuqking Delusion,that your Do Nothing Dumbfhuqkery is a cagey ploy and Secret Squirrel "advantage". Congratulations?!?

Now you be sure to "tell" me all about The Rifle and "particulars"...you Drooling Dumbfhuqk.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!............

'Mi,

At least you can "afford" Imagination and Pretend,so you can "contribute". Congratulations?!? You "lucky" kchunt.

This stuff is all "new" to me.

Laughing!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I know,I know...you "don't care". Laughing!

GREAT time for you to scour The Interweb,so you can plagiarize more pics and obliviously quantify your Do Nothing Dumbfhuqkery,even more.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.............

Fredrica,

I enjoy your Imagination and it's Pretend,almost nearly as much as you do...though for very different reason(s). Congratulations?!? You "lucky" kchunt.

Manage any BIG Weekend Trip "Adventures" in your Soccer Mom Bitch Mobile? Didn't think so. How close didja' get,to going Outdoors? Whore-Hey! close or Shefire close?!? You "hard chargers" are a fhuqking RIOT.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.............

Rogue,

The bottom of the barrel drive The Short Bus.

'Course she knows it too.

Laughing!..............

'6mm,

You can't drive by,without putting a dick in your mouth...you "lucky" kchunt.

The only thing you can "do" in the first hand is Whine and make Excuses. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.............

Sammo,

Visibility has been poor since my arrival to The Salt Mine...sumptin' do with the wind and ammo.

Inordinate temps at nearly 10 above and only a 65 degree or so ambient swing,from the house.

Wish it were flat here.

Laughing!................

Pugs,

Been a spell,since I've been on a good Salamander Shoot.

I wonder if a FWB 300S and 10x Fixed Fhuqker would do?

Yep...I think you are right...........(grin)

WCH,

You suck a mean ass...you "lucky" kchunt.

Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.............

Shefire,

Don't slight the "magnitude" of being a Geriatric Candy Striper,you MAGNIFICENT Whining Kchunt.

Was talking to a 22yr old kid here,yesterday and was giving him schit. I said "do you know what they call people,who make as much as you?!"...he sheepishly shrugged his shoulders and I said "a DOCTOR". We both laughed.

Like YOU could afford a chainsaw?!?

Bless your heart..you Brokedick Turd Polishing Do Nothing Drooling Dumbfhuqk.

Laughing!.............

'Inman,

Asked fredrica to "tell" you about MOA and Mils...then get back to me on The Dumbfhuqktitude Quotient.

Hint.

Laughing!.................

'STUART,

Dumb Don/Savage99 "does" more than Shefire and it's a literal Drag Race,for Dumbfhuqktitude. I reckon the pun be intended. Laughing!

Bless their hearts...............

elkchunternm,

Do tell about a Windage Adjustable Rear Cot Rifle and the "standards" requisite to "make" The Bitch Book. I see you "managed" to catch a field full of Titties and a Dink,during your "hard charging" "Adventures". Congratulations?!?

Wax eloquent on your African Lady Bitch Rifle and the "parameters" used to pinpoint the selection.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.................

'Nut,

BITCHIN' pic. Congratulations?!?

No wonder you plagiarize soooooooooo much...it's the ONLY fhuqking move you've got!

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Not the Texas hill country, but they say Texas is a whole-nuther place.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Best,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Big Stick

'Nut,

BITCHIN' pic. Congratulations?!?

No wonder you plagiarize soooooooooo much...it's the ONLY fhuqking move you've got!

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..............

Dammit, you stupid little fugg. Just like I said, about the only thing that doesn't straight fly over your bald, pointy head is a cheeseburger! I told ya I'm not much of a photographer. Laffin'.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

About as good as it gets for me, since I just carry a little camera around in the field. Can't carry all that schit you do in the back of a Taco everywhere I go.

Here's your favorite. Not taken 10 years ago.
[Linked Image]
Phone camera, of course.

Really, I just took 'em off the internets. Laffin'.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Wow you really got me, Sugar tits. How the blood sugar you fat [bleep] welfare rat.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by fredIII; 03/02/16.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
[Linked Image]

Page 68 of 120 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 119 120

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 12344mag, 204guy, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 56 invisible), 2,432 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,868
Posts18,517,974
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.