Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 19 1 2 16 17 18 19
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
kingston,

This thread would die if you stopped posting on it.

Last edited by Ringman; 03/05/16.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ringman

Therefore I think if you are seriously seeking the Lord all that's necessary is for you to read One and you will be reading God's Word.

If you are seriously seeking God's truth you don't need the Bible at all.

And if you wan a list of contradictions go find them yourself - I'm not your gofer.

Last edited by Coyote_Hunter; 03/05/16.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Coyote_Hunter,

If you are seriously seeking God's truth you don't need the Bible at all.

I agree if you are not seeking the Creator God.

And if you wan a list of contradictions go find them yourself - I'm not your gofer.

I didn't think you had any. blush That is a cute dodge you have.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you knew half as much as you think you do you would know the four gospels were NOT all written by Jesus' apostles.

And you would know the Bible ifs rife with self-contradiction.

And you would know that, yes, many books were arbitrarily left out of the Bible because they didn't promote the PC version.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Coyote_Hunter,

If you knew half as much as you think you do you would know the four gospels were NOT all written by Jesus' apostles.

And you would know the Bible ifs rife with self-contradiction.

And you would know that, yes, many books were arbitrarily left out of the Bible because they didn't promote the PC version.

Aren't we a little off topic for this thread?

I realize Luke was not an apostle. The rest sounds like a lot ignorant speculation. But I am being just like you here. Maybe you would give me some documentation about some of your assertions, please. You know, like a couple contradictions.

You didn't answer my question about what's wrong with contradictions. Do you have an answer?

Everyday Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The conclusion is??? Let's vote. Isn't that the democratic way.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
But we live in a republic

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
kingston,

This thread would die if you stopped posting on it.

I'm not necessarily interested in the thread dieing, but it would be nice if it got back on topic.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I really don't get the "ethics have nothing to do with hunting because I'm a Christian" thing.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by toad
I really don't get the "ethics have nothing to do with hunting because I'm a Christian" thing.

Me neither.

Even more perplexing is how we go from shooting elk at long range, to a theology tutorial, in 35 pages......talk about diversion and disconnect!

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I agree, it's time to get back on topic. So, is it ethical to kill unicorns with a .270? grin

Last edited by doubletap; 03/05/16.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's ethical to kill unicorns with anything that will kill a unicorn. I've been hunting them unsuccessfully for 29 years. I haven't tried long range unicorn hunting yet. Maybe that's the answer.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I guess I just figured all my "My Little Pony" hunting experience would translate. Boy, was I wrong. They really are two entirely different species. It's crazy, because I always remember seeing them together when I was a kid.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
toad,

BobinNH,

Originally Posted By toad

Me neither.

Even more perplexing is how we go from shooting elk at long range, to a theology tutorial, in 35 pages......talk about diversion and disconnect!

I agree with both of you the way toad used the quote. I couldn't find the exact quote toad used in order to correct the context. My argument here is ethics is a personal thing. Some here think anything over 300 yards is unethical. Others draw the line at 500 yards. I am sure there are some here who believe bow hunters wound many more animals that rifle hunters and would like to stop them. I want the pontificators to quit acting like Democrats who, because they dislike something, don't want anyone else doing it.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I want the pontificators to quit acting like Democrats

Well that clears things up.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
You do know that the video is a hunt with the purpose of promoting a longrange shooting system. It is not just a 12 year old taking pop shots at game way out there.

https://www.gunwerks.com/why-gunwerks

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
What difference does that make?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
You do know that the video is a hunt with the purpose of promoting a longrange shooting system. It is not just a 12 year old taking pop shots at game way out there.

https://www.gunwerks.com/why-gunwerks

As far as I’m concerned, the fact that it was done in large part if not in totality for the reason you state simply tends to affirm and emphasize that:

A: The intent was to make a long shot.
B. There was no attempt to get closer.
C. The elk was merely an unwilling and unknowing participant in a video intended to promote Gunwerks’ products.
D. Everyone involved in the video was perfectly willing to risk wounding the elk rather than attempting to make sure of a clean, first shot kill.
E. It was a “shooting” not a “hunt”.
F. “Fair chase” was not any part of the shooting.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Coyote hunter. I am unsure about "fair chase"? How does proximity of shooter or lack thereof disqualify one from "fair chase"?

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Like it or not, "Fair Chase" does have to be considered. Is 1400 yards fair chase? I say no, but how do you qualify what is?

If you look in the Pope and Young record books, you will see * by some kills, which identifies the let off of a particular bow that was used to kill the animal. Although it was still killed with a bow, there has been recognition to the advantage of the hunter compared to other record book entries.

Where fair chase ends and equipment takes over needs to be identified as it does exist...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 18 of 19 1 2 16 17 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (222ND, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 47 invisible), 2,068 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,877
Posts18,478,928
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.