Print Thread
Hop To
Page 84 of 120 1 2 82 83 84 85 86 119 120
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by smokepole
Fred, you know not whereof you speak. I was there that day and max pressure was not the issue. It is touching that you saved pictures of Don though.

Sure looks a like an uncontrolled pressure event or maybe talking when he should have been listening!

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Axtell
Its not an opinion its science.

Yes. It's science, if you say so. IF a guy wants to believe that little chineezy bubble levels have any kind of accuracy.

It is also science, that those that can't, quote and copy those who can......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sure looks a like an uncontrolled pressure event or maybe talking when he should have been listening!

An over-pressure situation was exactly what it was. According to Hornady's response to THEIR factory load that blew off my nose. I wasn't 'talking', either. And just who, pray tell, should I lissen to on this thread? You? Fred? 'Squawker?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Its not an opinion its science.

Yes. It's science, if you say so. IF a guy wants to believe that little chineezy bubble levels have any kind of accuracy.

It is also science, that those that can't, quote and copy those who can......

Obviously you do not know what/why they are used for or how to set one up .
You can google it or remain ignorant, its all about choices.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

An over-pressure situation was exactly what it was. According to Hornady's response to THEIR factory load that blew off my nose. I wasn't 'talking', either. And just who, pray tell, should I lissen to on this thread? You? Fred? 'Squawker?

factory load, likely a manufacturing bobble, any other issues with that lot# ?
Maybe a barrel obstruction, cleaning patch, cleaning rod etc?

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
"stik will be back this pm , maybe he will set things straight.........................laffin'

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Best to sum it up as a brilliant pos it could not have been his fault.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe a barrel obstruction, cleaning patch, cleaning rod etc?

Yeah. That's it. I always stop right in the middle of a string, to clean and leave patches and rods in the bore. Jeezuss, Do you really think I just fell off the turnip cart today? But go ahead, tell yourself whatever you want, so you can 'contribute'. Or just google it. Seems that is your standard answer to things you know 'all' about.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Accidents happen...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Huntz, you had a rifle blowup WITH factory ammo? what did Hornady say and what rifle/action was it? yikes.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yessir. Hornady said tough chit...... Ruger VT in 204. Ruger did replace the rifle after a fight.....

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

An over-pressure situation was exactly what it was. According to Hornady's response to THEIR factory load that blew off my nose.

Damn, all this time I was thinking it was because you didn't weigh your powder to the nearest 0.01 grain on a jewelers scale.....

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you don't have and use a correctly set up bubble level for shooting long range, you're quite ignorant of what cant will cause a bullet to do.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not really. I'm fully aware of the effects of cant. But unlike others here, I have already proved to myself that I can eyeball the crosshair vertical, well within the chinese bubble levels lines. But, that was only two different levels.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by KenMi
Originally Posted by smarquez
Can someone point me to the page where this thing went off the rails and did the OP ever figure out what was going on with his rifle or ammo?

About the time a cross-eyed drunk entered the conversation after seeing that someone had a rifle that didn't cause the retching reflex when viewed. His original tirade was because it had a slower twist than his kingliness approves of. But, he later on stepped into a huge pile of donkey dung by admitting that he has guns of the same twist and uses the same bullets as the OP, of which he criticized.

So, since then he's been trying to dodge that fact by showing he is a complete and utter lunatic. He has excelled greatly at that. Oh, and apparently he got wood once in the last 6 six weeks by revving up his Tonka chain saw and dropping a tree, after 8 hours of chewing on it like a beaver. That's Cliff Notes of 165 pages of twiggy the wood elf.

I have not seen a pic of him with a saw in his hand that was not at least 15 years old. No way he's touched a saw or a tree in the last six weeks. Laffin'.

Of course cuttin' down trees is by far the most bestest, uberest, and most heroic profession in 'merica! It also requires only the highest degree in education. I'm sure the little gremlin graduated at the top of his Harvard class. He'll post a pic from 1982 to prove it!

I'm rollin' on the floor here... laugh

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
yessir. Hornady said tough chit...... Ruger VT in 204. Ruger did replace the rifle after a fight.....

Did they pay for your nose job?

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fredIII
Huntsman go run your hand through your table saw and bitch about the bill.

Hold up all your fingers count to nine and scratch your head huh maybe you are the stupid [bleep].
Better yet try really hard to figure out how the scales that came with that reloading kit work. This picture is of a stupid chit that cannot see the signs of max pressure. Lol you really are a special one. [Linked Image]

Someone took their @sshole pills today.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SKane

This thread tends to bring out the worst in folks. grin

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1Nut
Originally Posted by SKane

This thread tends to bring out the worst in folks. grin

Yep.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not really. I'm fully aware of the effects of cant. But unlike others here, I have already proved to myself that I can eyeball the crosshair vertical, well within the chinese bubble levels lines. But, that was only two different levels.

Maybe you'll get lucky sometimes with the eyeball method. Then again you'll not know if the hit was due to cant or a slightly missed wind read. Same goes for a miss.

Some friends and I were shooting at 1000 and decided to see just how much canting the rifle affected POI. We simply canted the rifle enough for the bubble level to shift to either side of the centering lines and fired rounds as quickly as possible for the conditions to remain fairly constant.

With center hits on a 24" IPSC holding straight up, canting the rifle to either side as described resulted in misses completely off of the plate.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Page 84 of 120 1 2 82 83 84 85 86 119 120

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 12344mag, 22250rem, 219DW, 56 invisible), 2,506 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,871
Posts18,518,028
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.