Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
What did the crosshairs look like?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Don't forget an angle cosine indicator, kestrel, 3 smart phones with ballistic software and properly installed wind flags strategically placed throughout the COF... Poor ole Don just ain't up to speed...

How do you fückers ever get any shooting done dicking around with all that bullshit...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Anything to make shooting chit seem like running a rocket ship.

No fear, no doubt, all in, balls out.

"America"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by elkhuntinguide
Don't forget an angle cosine indicator, kestrel, 3 smart phones with ballistic software and properly installed wind flags strategically placed throughout the COF... Poor ole Don just ain't up to speed...

How do you fückers ever get any shooting done dicking around with all that bullshit...

An angle cosine indicator or rangefinder showing angle is actually very necessary if the shots are uphill or downhill drastically. Good catch there ehg!

On a recent hunt where the conditions were such, a buddy shot an animal at 750 yards and ignored his cosine indicator. He still took a bit off of his data. He hit and killed the animal above the one he was actually shooting at.

I did some practice shooting at the end of the hunt on some boulder faces to just see how much angle affects the data and POI. Ballistic AE has an angle compensation on the HUD.

Lasering a horizontal split in a rock face with a good POA picked out, the rangefinder read 1275 yards uphill at 23.5 degrees. When the angle was input into AE, the data changed from 8.8 mils to 8 mils even. I wanted to see if this was correct so I had a buddy spot with a mil reticle to measure any vertical error accurately.

The data change by AE was perfect as 3 shots went exactly into the POI and probably a 4" group.

If you don't think angle has a dramatic affect on POI, you're completely ignorant.

laugh

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Originally Posted by Axtell
Maybe a barrel obstruction, cleaning patch, cleaning rod etc?

Yeah. That's it. I always stop right in the middle of a string, to clean and leave patches and rods in the bore. Jeezuss, Do you really think I just fell off the turnip cart today? But go ahead, tell yourself whatever you want, so you can 'contribute'. Or just google it. Seems that is your standard answer to things you know 'all' about.

An investment cast Ruger.......no wonder Hornaday distanced themselves from this mess.
The reason this thing blew can be found out, have you expended any effort to find out? what were the conclusions?

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

LMAO. What I want to know is, where'd you get the little dots that let you spell out f*ckers?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
yessir. Hornady said tough chit...... Ruger VT in 204. Ruger did replace the rifle after a fight.....

Wow. I know just a lot of folks hate Weatherbys, but I had a similar incident before a safari and their loaded Barnes X ammo. Locked the bolt down I had to beat it w a mallet and the primers were blown. This was like TWO weeks before my hunt. I called Weatherby and they not only paid for me to UPS the rifle to them overnight for inspection, but they replaced all four boxes of ammo but I requested Hornady Spire points which did "ok".

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by moosemike
Originally Posted by 1Nut
Originally Posted by SKane

Someone took their @sshole pills today.

This thread tends to bring out the worst in folks. grin

Yep.

Some folks are set in there ways. Any idea different than theirs brings a defensive position.

It doesn't have to be level or vertical......only has to look that way!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by smokepole

LMAO. What I want to know is, where'd you get the little dots that let you spell out f*ckers?

That's a bubble to keep the U from being canted

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
An investment cast Ruger.......no wonder Hornaday distanced themselves from this mess.

Axtell, I wonder about you...... Where do you come up with this chit? Ruger and Hornady were joint developers of both the 204 Ruger and the 17HMR. Do you honestly think Hornady 'distanced' themselves from Ruger over this? They knew full-fugging well, going in, that the 204 was going to be chambered in that chitty 'investment cast' 77. If you have doubts about the strength of Ruger actions, your 'knowledge' is showing....Again......

Everyone knows the reason 'this thing blew', but nobody will take responsibility. No cause to go all 'expended any effort' to try to prove that Hornady over-charged the cartridge. Both Ruger, and later Hornady, examined the rifle and determined there was no sign of obstruction.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hornady said tough chit.......

Hornady should have crapped out some money huntsman22. Preachin' to the choir, I know.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
While I have no experience with the 204 I do know that case capacity is very close to the 223.

With the 223 and appropriate powder a case full would probably get a sticky bolt or at worst a blown primer.

I suggest the correct amount of the wrong powder got in the case. The manufacturer probably knows the reason and also knows they can out 'lawyer' you, hence the distancing.

Did it leave you with a flinch?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Naturally since he thought it was Hornadays fault he fought with Ruger to make them give him a new rifle. Stand up guy...

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
YÜP

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Axtell, I wonder about you...... Where do you come up with this chit?

It's obvious ain't it? Wal-Mart had a sale on ass-hole pills.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Everyone knows the reason 'this thing blew', but nobody will take responsibility. No cause to go all 'expended any effort' to try to prove that Hornady over-charged the cartridge. Both Ruger, and later Hornady, examined the rifle and determined there was no sign of obstruction.

Why not? The next time it happens someone may be killed. Hornady should have written you a BIG check.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Magnumdood

Why not? The next time it happens someone may be killed. Hornady should have written you a BIG check.

Exäctly, but I guess everything is cool 'caüse he got a new rifle out of the deal,,,,altered facial features and probably a flinch, but the word is not in on that yet.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
99.9% Ammo issues are user based. If indeed it was a issue with the ammunition it's almost always a headspace problem not an over charging issue.
Sorry huntsman if I hurt your feelings your little high school girl backhanded comments are great keep up the good work princess.

Wow I am an azzhole!!! Good for me 😆 Anything to fit in right. PS rolling laughing

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
99.9% of issues with factory ammo is user error?
Almost always a headspace issue? Do you always talk out your ass, or just when your posting drunk and anonymously on the internet?

Last edited by jackmountain; 03/10/16.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jackmountain
99.9% of issues with factory ammo is user error?
Almost always a headspace issue? Do you always talk out your ass, or just when your posting drunk and anonymously on the internet?

It seems you know what the biggest issue with factory ammo is. Can you share?

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Page 85 of 120 1 2 83 84 85 86 87 119 120

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (1941USMC, 1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 1minute, 57 invisible), 2,454 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,883
Posts18,518,231
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.