Page 88 of 120 1 2 86 87 88 89 90 119 120
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by Seafire
The OFFICIAL CAMPFIRE HATE THREAD????

give us a break Stumpy......

you startin to cry in your beer? sure sounds like it...

go change your diaper and then man up....

didn't figure you for such a candyass...

outta meth this morning???

hard to get the day started?

well Rock On Stumpy.....

your wife will get you thru this , like she has everything else...

woman should be up for Sainthood...
Inspiration for the runt.

[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Axtell
So why did it blow?

Same reason you do.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Either you don't know or do know and aren't saying. Wonder if Ruger made you sign a waiver for the new rifle.....you know one of those documents that say if you take the rifle they are absolved of any wrong doing.

Then there is Hornaday, if in fact the factory ammo was at fault any lawyer would take that one on contingency.

You decided the new rifle was compensation enough for your injuries. This is the part that makes me suspect of an operator error.

Did you flog the new Ruger? Do you still use Hornaday ammo?

I'm sure I am not the only one that would like to know the reason.

BTW they are still looking for MH-370 after 2 years, 777's don't just disappear as do rifles just don't blow up.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Either you don't know or do know and aren't saying. Wonder if Ruger made you sign a waiver for the new rifle.....you know one of those documents that say if you take the rifle they are absolved of any wrong doing.

Then there is Hornaday, if in fact the factory ammo was at fault any lawyer would take that one on contingency.

You decided the new rifle was compensation enough for your injuries. This is the part that makes me suspect of an operator error.

BTW they are still looking for MH-370 after 2 years, 777's don't just disappear as do rifles just don't blow up.

Good grief, and you whinge about Stick being an arsehole.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

You're about as full of schitt as a Christmas Goose.....

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Good grief, and you whinge about Stick being an arsehole.

You have obviously taken a position.

Those that are involved in the shooting sports should be apprised of any issues with the equipment and ammo at our disposal. This forum can do that.

I do not see any reason to withhold information (especially on a safety issue). Whatever was the cause, be it manufacture or human error should be known to all.

Time to cowboy up!

D
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
D
Fur For sure, Ruger wood would not give a rifle if there was any hint of liability as this wood would be construed as an admission............sure wood would like to know what he did or didn't do to fück it up.

Fixed it for you...

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General John Stark.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

On the contrary I have no interest in the topic, I do however recognise an arsehole when I view one.

And your posts directed at Huntsman are most definitely arsehole material.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Axtell, why don't you STFU? I was there the day the rifle blew up, in fact my son who was 12 at the time was shooting the rifle a few minutes before it happened using the same ammo., and I was right behind him, looking over his shoulder. He's 23 now.

Huntsman did nothing other than load factory ammo into the rifle and pull the trigger.

There was also a gunsmith there who inspected the rifle right after it happened.

You sound like an old woman, always worrying about someone else's business. Why don't you go spend the evening weighing some powder down to the nearest 0.01 grain with your jeweler's scale, and load up a good half-dozen rounds?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I do not see any reason to withhold information (especially on a safety issue). Whatever was the cause, be it manufacture or human error should be known to all.

Time to cowboy up!

You're making an assumption that huntsman is witholding info.

You have no facts to base that on, and nothing could be further from the truth. You should be ashamed of yourself.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Jorge, Lockheed always made odd birds!

Anyone that makes a carrier landing at night on a pitching deck is the real deal. Undoubtedly, that's you.

Aside, my dad flew three Lockheed products, the 404, Connie, and L1011.

And who can't love the P-38!

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by smokepole

You have no facts to base that on, and nothing could be further from the truth. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Lots of that schit in this thread... laffin'.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Stick keeps hanging bananas and you guys be like...

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah, but don't you know Brad, it was all about 30 years of "Nothingness" according to Mr. Dwarf. I think I'll keep him guessing on the flight hours, they're around here somewhere. Yeah ,the Viking was the odd duck of the air wing, but when the B model came out with the ISAR radar, we became the centerpiece of the War At Sea, when going against Soviet formations. Another trivia on the Viking was that it was able to carry more different kinds of ordnance than any other jet in the air wing.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Higbean
Stick keeps hanging bananas and you guys be like...

At this time, it appears to be the other way around.

No fear, no doubt, all in, balls out.

"America"
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Well, Smokepole.

Y'all are OK with a rifle/cartridge combination that puked severely on the firing line and caused injury. This with others and especially a family member near by and participating in its use.

What I'm hearing is rifle goes boom and scatters parts, owner and onlookers ultimately pissed at the event and what could have happened, not withstanding '22's injuries.

Firearm and ammo manufacturer are contacted, no resolve from either, although Ruger did examine and offered a new rifle. Hornaday did not acknowledge or compensate in any meaningful way.

Generally people would be not satisfied with the response and compensation 22 received. There in lies some suspicion as to why y'all went away pissed/mad, doesn't cost the manufacturer anything (you have gone away) other than the few gun cranks on forums like this will give pause to purchasing Ruger or Hornaday products.

I have been in the shooting sports for 35+ years and have used firearms for ~45 years. I only know personally of one time a rifle blew up and caused injury (the rifle was included in a recall the importer failed to notify the customer, he was dully compensated for his injuries). There have many squib loads and bulged barrels on the firing line ,however.

To bad for the shooting public that a catastrophic event causing injury is sated by a couple hundred bucks of rifle.

Even with this partial knowledge I would not go near a Ruger in future.

I may be an [bleep], but not this time........I don't think your getting the whole story.

Work on that flinch and have a day.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

Time to cowboy up!

You're making an assumption that huntsman is witholding info.

Was the table saw defective or the blade when your husband ran his hand into the bite and sniveled about the bill like a broke gash.

Think he threw enough my my my way it was time to assume we ain't friend. Lol. Ps my sig line rocks.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by 1Nut

Lots of that schit in this thread... laffin'.

It's no secret heavywalker summed up 99% of the facts on page 62 wink the rest has just been good spirited man eye gouging.

Smoke no hard feelings it's all in a good natured fun. stick sets the bar and rightfully so he has held the azz hole crown for years but once in a while a guy might run the fat little bitch to see what he's got.

That said GFY I have steaks to go marinate in hair and dirt.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fredIII
assume we ain't friend.

You and asstell ass-ume an awful lot......

Page 88 of 120 1 2 86 87 88 89 90 119 120

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 257Bob, 12344mag, 22250rem, 61 invisible), 2,508 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,871
Posts18,518,028
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.