Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Cops and conservatives also appalled at Cruz's comments regarding protesters. Going to be a bad Tuesday for Cruz.
----------

EXCLUSIVE — Tea Party Founder: An Open Letter to Ted Cruz

Donald Trump, Ted Cruz
The Associated Press

Debbie Dooley11 Mar 20164,237

I have been fighting for conservative values since 1976 and have been involved as a volunteer in over 40 political campaigns. I have had the honor to have served as a delegate twice to the Republican National Convention.

I am also one of the co-founders of the national tea party movement that began in 2009 and, in addition, I have served on the Tea Party Patriots Board of Directors since October of 2009.

During the almost 40 years I have been involved with the political process, I have had to endure insults from the left and the Republican elitists calling activists like me stupid or, in recent history, “low information” voters.

I have learned to ignore the disparaging attacks from the elitists on both sides of the political spectrum that worked to oppose conservative ideology. I have volunteered countless hours to the conservative cause and to my country because I am true believer in conservatism.

I was disheartened to learn that you recently joined progressives and Republican establishment elitists by attacking millions of activists like me that support Donald Trump by calling us low information voters.

I would encourage you to climb down out of your Ivy League tower and find out just who we are and why we decided to support Donald Trump.

You would find among Trump supporters freedom loving activists that share a deep love for our country – the same deep love Donald Trump has articulated in a very persuasive manner. You see, we believe in American exceptionalism and we believe when it comes to trade agreements, the interests of American workers should hold a higher priority than the profits of giant corporations and big banks. Gone are the days when American workers could begin employment at a company when they were starting a family and retire with the same company to spend more time with their grandchildren.

Donald Trump stood with us on ObamaTrade, while at the same time you put Constitutional principles on the shelf and bowed down to Wall Street and the donor class by advocating very strongly for ObamaTrade. You even said Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) was wrong on ObamaTrade before you finally decided to oppose it near the end. Mr. Trump has also attracted independents as well as Democrats with his policy on the trade imbalance.

You would find among Trump supporters people that cherish the U.S. Constitution and The Bill of Rights. We have watched as candidates pledge to uphold the Constitution on the campaign trail and once elected they forget about their pledge in order to institute policy supported by their donors. We know until the corrupt D.C. system is upended, the Constitution will continue to be ignored.

We believe fundamental change is needed to the corrupt system in Washington D.C. We realize the entrenched interests and donor class will fight the change with all their might and we have chosen Mr. Trump as our champion. With all due respect Senator Cruz, we don’t trust you to institute the drastic changes needed because you are part of the system. Mr. Trump is, for the most part, self- funding his campaign and won’t be indebted to donors that gave millions of dollars to Super PACS.

You will find among Trump supporters seven Tea Party Patriots State Coordinators and many, many local tea party activists personally supporting Mr. Trump.

You will find a very diverse groups of voters supporting Donald Trump, because his “tell it like it is” style is a refreshing change from the slick, polished politicians that dominate the American political class. We are tired of the American political class that run deceptive campaigns and say whatever they have to in order to gain votes.

Many of us are long time conservative activists like Sen. Jeff Sessions, but among us you will find political neophytes that have been awakened into activism by the Donald Trump movement. You find evangelical Christians and preacher’s kids like me and also those that are not religious.

We know what we are getting with Donald Trump but feel he is the best vehicle to bring about the dramatic change that is needed in our beloved America.

You owe us all a big apology.

Debbie Dooley, Tea Party Patriots Board of Directors

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
tomorrow will hopefully put an end to this

Rubio is all but quit. Kasich is hoping for some miracle.

If Trump locks up FL and Ohio then he'll have an argument that all of them should drop out

People neutral on this or leaning toward someone other than Trump will start rationalizing on ways to support Trump.

Cruz will find that more and more people will be losing interest in his message as his attacks continue - especially if he can't make a stand on any big states that are left.

interesting note about the LEOs.

Last edited by KFWA; 03/14/16.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I

John Cardillo ‎‎@johncardillo

I belong to LE groups on social and real world. About 50k members total. More than scientific sample. Cruz has lost the cops. #TrumpProtest

3:46 PM - 12 Mar 2016 · Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Anybody that claims to be "Tea Party Founder" is declaring themselves a liar from the start.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"With all due respect Senator Cruz, we don’t trust you to institute the drastic changes needed because you are part of the system."

C'MON MAN! The system despises Cruz because has actually stood up against the establishment Republicans and called them out for what they are. Trump just gives them money.

I'm better when I move.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Anybody that claims to be "Tea Party Founder" is declaring themselves a liar from the start.

How does this claim automatically make someone a liar?

Just curious.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FlaRick
"With all due respect Senator Cruz, we don’t trust you to institute the drastic changes needed because you are part of the system."

C'MON MAN! The system despises Cruz because has actually stood up against the establishment Republicans and called them out for what they are.

and at the end of the day....status quo

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
What number of delegates does Cruz end up with tomorrow night?

He had the chance to stand up against movon.org, BLM, and stand for the police, but he withered. He's not a big enough man to handle the situation that he's in.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JohnMoses

Just curious.

Because there were no founders. The "Tea Party" is nothing more than an organic, grass roots movement that special interests sought to claim for political self promotion.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Debbie Dooley, Tea Party Patriots Board of Directors

These Tea Party patriots?

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Bob, that article was penned by a Trumpkin.

That's all we need to know.

We see how they act here. It's the rule, and not the exception.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
looking at that gals twitter page, she's pasted more pro trump and anti cruz tweets than Bristoe's made threads here.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
How can anybody defend the comments that Cruz made after the chicago deal?

Cruz has proved time and time again that he's a chick.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JohnMoses

Just curious.

Because there were no founders. The "Tea Party" is nothing more than an organic, grass roots movement that special interests sought to claim for political self promotion.

There have been Tea Party themed agendas going back to the 1990s but I've always held the views mentioned below

Fox News Channel commentator Juan Williams has said that the Tea Party movement emerged from the "ashes" of Ron Paul's 2008 presidential primary campaign.[81] Indeed, Ron Paul has stated that its origin was, on December 16, 2007, when supporters held a 24-hour record breaking, "moneybomb" fundraising event on the Boston Tea Party's 234th anniversary,but that others, including Republicans, took over and changed some of the movement's core beliefs.

Writing for Slate.com, Dave Weigel has argued in concurrence that, in his view, the "first modern Tea Party events occurred in December 2007, long before Barack Obama took office, and they were organized by supporters of Rep. Ron Paul," with the movement expanding and gaining prominence in 2009.[65] Barack Obama, the first African American President of the United States, took office in January 2009. Journalist Joshua Green has stated in The Atlantic that while Ron Paul is not the Tea Party's founder, or its culturally resonant figure, he has become the "intellectual godfather" of the movement since many now agree with his long-held beliefs.

That loose grouping started by Ron Paul took on steam after Obama was elected and then was totally derailed intellectually when Glenn Beck and Sara Palin took over. That isn't to say the Tea Party hasn't had some successes but it became a melting pot for any disgruntled conservative who was pissed off at the GOP

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Thank goodness that all of those Commies in Chicago rioted so that Ted had a chance to show himself to the people before the primaries were over.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
But Cruz won Wyoming.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
And he has several 3rd place finishes coming up for tomorrow. That's gotta mean something, right?

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
But Cruz won Wyoming.

-----------

He sure did.

A whopping 667 votes out of under 1000 votes cast.

William Arthur Ward

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

504 members (10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 66 invisible), 18,597 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,850
Posts18,537,445
Members74,050
Most Online20,407
19 minutes ago

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.