I have been working on this recipe for several years now. It has become a Holiday tradition in my family.
It is made from three 8 inch Meringue rounds,(the Dacquoise part), and filled with Chestnut puree, mixed with whipped cream.

This is a two part recipe. The first is for the Dacquoise layers. The second is for the Chesnut puree and whipped cream filling.
The Chesnut spread is available in most fine food stores, especially at holiday time. I am going to post a link to a site where I have the home made version printed.

The Dacquoise layers:

For three 8 inch rounds:

Ingredients:
6 egg whites
� teaspoon cream of tartar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 2/3 cup superfine sugar
� cup blanched and ground almonds. Mixed with � cup sugar
1 tablespoons corn starch

Method:
Heat oven to 225�
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
Place egg whites in a copper or stainless steel bowl with the cream of tartar and salt
Beat at medium speed until very soft peaks form.
Gradually add in 1/3 cup of superfine sugar, beating until glossy, with firm peaks
Mix the remaining sugar with the cornstarch, and gently fold into the beaten egg whites
Fold in the ground almonds and sugar mixture.

Place meringue in a pastry bag, with a plain tip. Pipe in concentric circles, starting in the center, and working outward.
Bake for 90 min, remove, and place on cooling racks until completely cool
________________________________________-

The Chesnut filling:
One cup Commercial Prepared Chestnut spread with vanilla
1 � tablespoons dark rum
2 cups heavy whipping cream
One tablespoon superfine sugar
Chocolate sprinkles, or ground almonds.

Method:
In a small bowl, mix by hand, the Chestnut spread and rum
Using the Kitchenaid with the whisk, beat the heavy cream at medium speed. Gradually add in the sugar, and beat until firm peaks form.
Fold in the Chestnut and rum mixture
______________________________-
Assemble:

Place one Meringue round on a cake plate, and spread with one third of the filling. Place another round on top, and spread another third of the filling. Top with the third round. Spread the remaining filling on the sides. Press chocolate sprinkles, or ground almonds on the sides

Home Made Chestnut Spread

Sam......