Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
I think it will work out fine without hyper inflation. If you in incentivize repatriation of the offshore profits while using tariffs on imports to incentivize building here I think the liquidity will be absorbed as investments in productivity here which will offset inflationary pressure. The Chinese are already slowing and would most likely fall into deep recession with tariffs so commodity prices would also offset. In fact a bunch of chitty countries would struggle without free access to the U.S. market. The shrinking labor market will push labor up some but much of the returning manufacturing would be roboticized which would help the labor pool adjust to the roboticized manufacturing without huge unemployment.

Also, I would come up with some kind of amortization of the repatriation over the course of the 4 year term. That way, you get about 25% per year instead of a huge slug at once.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
GB1

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Very good thread , and noone called anyone a azzhat , , , , yet. If we got rid of illegals and can get people working we will be fine. The young blacks and minorities will have get up and go to work. We could cut welfare to get them off the couch. There is work out there but noone wants to do it. I think commodities will go way up in this case, and that is inflation. Hold on to scrap, metal, buy hard assets now ( powder, bullets, cars and things you need. ) Land may go down with rising interest rates, especially hunting land. I think I will buy another gun, bullets primers soon. This is a good thread. I think we will need to raise interest rates then to 3% prime.?

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by ihookem
Very good thread , and noone called anyone a azzhat , , , , yet. If we got rid of illegals and can get people working we will be fine. The young blacks and minorities will have get up and go to work. We could cut welfare to get them off the couch. There is work out there but noone wants to do it.

This is the key. We have the lowest labor force participation rate in modern times yet the Obama says we need mexicans to do the work americans don't want to do. The reason they don't want to do it is because they're making twice as much off of welfare as they would picking lettuce in a field.

Welfare reform and immigration reform go hand in hand. Just kicking the mexicans out won't get people to do these jobs, you've got to cut the handouts so they don't make more money at home screwing and smoking dope than they do working.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by CEJ1895
JFC! You are un-believeable! Worry about this crap after he's elected! According to you it'll be Hitlery anyway so what are you worried about?

Dang man, read your own words and think about them.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Very good thread , and noone called anyone a azzhat , , , , yet. If we got rid of illegals and can get people working we will be fine. The young blacks and minorities will have get up and go to work. We could cut welfare to get them off the couch. There is work out there but noone wants to do it.

This is the key. We have the lowest labor force participation rate in modern times yet the Obama says we need mexicans to do the work americans don't want to do. The reason they don't want to do it is because they're making twice as much off of welfare as they would picking lettuce in a field.

Welfare reform and immigration reform go hand in hand. Just kicking the mexicans out won't get people to do these jobs, you've got to cut the handouts so they don't make more money at home screwing and smoking dope than they do working.

That's one of the reasons why I think it could be inflationary because with a smaller pool of labor, employers would naturally have to pay a little more to get people to do those jobs.

MOLON LABE
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I also agree welfare needs to be severely cut to push people into the workforce. Housing also needs to be cut to push people out of concentrated areas to where jobs are.
I was arguing with a friend about getting crops picked if there were no illegals to pick them. He was saying there was no way you get welfare queens to pick watermelons and squash. I pointed out that bluebarries used to be picked by the illegals but they could get enough when they needed them so now machines pick them. He said there were no machines made to pick melons and such. I pointed out there had never been a need for such machines but if you couldn't find people to pick them there soon would be machines available be cause there would be demand for them.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
ObamaCare revisions
Another possible source of inflation that is labor related is the promises to eliminate or replace ObamaCare. Mandates kick in for employers at 50 full time employees. If that is overturned, then some employers will expand their workforce or turn part time jobs into full time jobs. All that is good for people wanting work. But that will put pressure on wage inflation and later to general inflation.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Again, all these policies are things I support. Just saying if done all together, the impact on the market is something to watch.

MOLON LABE
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

That's one of the reasons why I think it could be inflationary because with a smaller pool of labor, employers would naturally have to pay a little more to get people to do those jobs.

I think much of the costs are already in the economy as taxes to support welfare and would not be as inflationary as it first appears. Much of the cost of cheap labor now is transfered to the taxpayer through welfare benefits. There would certainly be some narrow sector inflation but in the big picture I think it's mostly a wash with more people working and making more.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Who cares what happens next. We just need to send obamma down the road and send Hillary to prison. Hyper inflation and a monetary collapse are not near as scary as another 4 years with a democrat in the Whitehouse.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Probably not going to be seen for 7-15 years.
Our CPI hasn't seen the other side of 5% since 2000, of course food and energy is no longer included, that's helps our friends in DC to pay less to s/s recipients.
Many, many ways to make real money with hyper inflation.
In your life time though, our country has never seen the real return of assets at a higher spread. But only those in capital markets are seeing the growth.
Dividend Growth, it's what for breakfast!!

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
There are three policies that the Republican candidates have been running on that I see as potentially causing at least a rise in inflation if not worse. To me, this is inevitable, and has been in the works for years of monetary manipulation by the FED. But these election cycle policies may be the spark and the GOP would certainly get the blame by the progressive media and Democrats, whether deserved or not.

Illegal immigration
Either Trump or Cruz would be harder on immigration than anyone we have seen- ever. Not saying this is a bad thing in general, but if we see people deported in any mass and we see a drop off in new people coming in, two things will happen: 1. The work force will shrink and 2. The average salary numbers will rise. Both of those things are strongly inflationary.

Repatriation of corporate assets
Corporations have trillions parked out of the country to avoid tax burdens. Both Trump and Cruz have spoken about offering at least a reduced temporary tax rate to bring a lot of those assets back into the country. That money would then become liquidity in the system and be inflationary. You can simply introduce a trillion dollars into the money supply aggregates without inflation.

Foreign Trade Deals
Trump has spoken about renegotiating trade or outright tariffs to decrease the number of imports or raise the cost of buying imports. Cruz' tax plan has a provision to disproportionately tax imports vs exports. A significant percentage of people in this country shop in places like Walmart or Target because they simply can't afford other stores. And those stores keep their product prices down by importing. These policies would increase product cost and cause inflation.

Like I said, there are arguments for all three of these policies. But if these are implemented, especially if done concurrently, we could see a significant increase in inflation. The other drawback of inflation is that the primary weapon against inflation, from a monetary standpoint, is to raise interest rates. The combination of inflation and higher interest rates could be quite damaging to the economy. If nothing is done to improve GDP to counteract this effect, things could get ugly fast.

I notice you omitted his plan to cut corporate taxes to 15%.

I imagine you are ignoring the jobs that would create, the earning it would create for corporate American, the effect those increased earning would have on the market, and the wealth of all who own stock.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"If the GOP Wins- Hyperinflation?"

If Trump and the GOP wins, there be a whole lot of Hyper-ventilatin goin on. grin wink

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
If the Dems win and push the $15 Minimum Wage guess what you're gonna see? That's right, hyperinflation. Wages will go up across the board thus driving prices up across the board.

Some people are educated beyond their intelligence.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Hyperinflation does not equal "azzload of inflation". It means all confidence in the currency has collapsed. If/when it comes, it won't be one policy choice or party that brings it on, it will be a combination of all the wrong things at the wrong time. Despite how hard we're trying, we're still the cleanest dirty shirt.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
I imagine you are ignoring the jobs that would create, the earning it would create for corporate American, the effect those increased earning would have on the market, and the wealth of all who own stock.

Not ignoring those things at all. Full employment is inflationary. Rising stock markets are inflationary. Increased wealth is inflationary. Like I said about 3 times now, this is not to say we don't want more jobs or more prosperity, just that several of these things happening concurrently could cause inflation. Take it for what it's worth but if we take the White House, I will seriously consider some hard assets.

MOLON LABE
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
OP...what are the current inside polling numbers for your state, please?

Kindly post your reply on the convention thread, if you don't mind.

Thank you.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RufusG
Hyperinflation does not equal "azzload of inflation". It means all confidence in the currency has collapsed. If/when it comes, it won't be one policy choice or party that brings it on, it will be a combination of all the wrong things at the wrong time. Despite how hard we're trying, we're still the cleanest dirty shirt.

Which is why money from other countries is driving our market...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by magshooter1
If the Dems win and push the $15 Minimum Wage guess what you're gonna see? That's right, hyperinflation. Wages will go up across the board thus driving prices up across the board.

No, that will lead to hyper-unemployment.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Not ignoring those things at all. Full employment is inflationary. Rising stock markets are inflationary. Increased wealth is inflationary. Like I said about 3 times now, this is not to say we don't want more jobs or more prosperity, just that several of these things happening concurrently could cause inflation. Take it for what it's worth but if we take the White House, I will seriously consider some hard assets.

You are demonstrating a fundamental miss-understanding of inflation. Inflation is caused by the excessive growth of the money supply retaliative to the underlying productivity and assets in an economy. With the rise of central banks, a disproportionate growth in the money supply can, the in the short run, result in some of the things you mention. As an example, if money is cheap, this can lead to hiring people into what would otherwise be unprofitable enterprises, leading to a miss allocation of resources within the economy. As monetary policy normalized, these miss-allocations will naturally normalize.

Compare that with a reduction in tax rates, which will result in a change in the economic viability of enterprises. Since the second change is driven by an increase in economic viability and not an inflationary miss-allocation of resources, the long term effects of the increased employment is not equal over the long term.

The same question must be applied to a rising stock market. A rising stock market resulting from the creation of new money with no fundamental changes in the productivity of the underlying businesses is not the same as a market attracting capital as a result of increased profits and productivity.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (1minute, 1badf350, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 55 invisible), 2,510 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,782
Posts18,515,759
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.