Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Pee Vee Cee

Layer under it. Get in really good shape so you don't sweat/overheat as easily.

GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Btw,

If thousands of feet of wet, rugged elevation and lots of miles are on order, strip down to your skivvies, put your pvc on, and get going. You won't soak your primary hunting clothes, you'll get where you are going, and like I said, you won't soak your primary hunting clothes which will happen should you A. keep your primary hunting clothing on with PVC over it, or B. Not wear PVC and hike through wet foliage. Once you get where you are going to camp/glass, cool down, put your hunting clothing back on, and turn your PVC inside out when it stops raining and let it dry out. It happens fast.

Don't worry, you won't die if you hike 7 miles and gain 3k in elevation wearing nothing but your PVC and skivvies.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calvin

Don't worry, you won't die if you hike 7 miles and gain 3k in elevation wearing nothing but your PVC and skivvies.
The hike, regardless of the clothes, would probably kill me just fine. wink

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've been left with wet shoulders and legs by many brands of rain gear in the past. I got turned on to cabelas goretex mt105 rain gear 6 years ago and have lived out of it and loved it. I wanted a pack able set with no liner so that it would dry quicker and be lighter. I wore the pants daily as the brush is high and damp in my area and after the 4th seasons they were starting to get worn out. I called cabelas and told them the pants were pretty beat up and starting to leak and they had me return the jacket and pants and sent me a brand new set for free! I even upgraded to the bibs to keep my ass dryer while sitting in the snow glassing and they did the upgrade for free. I use my gear pretty hard and getting 4 seasons out of any type of clothing is impressive for me.

I will agree with the above comments about pvc if your in constant swamp like conditions it is the only way to roll. The cabelas stuff has a very light/thin fur like finish on it that keeps it quite and doesn't hold water. The quite factor is what I really like about it. Most rain gear making a swishing sound dry or wet and I couldn't stand it.

"life is tough... It's even tougher when your stupid"

The Duke
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (16penny, 007FJ, 02bfishn, 160user, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 59 invisible), 2,479 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,435
Posts18,470,821
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.