Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#11075436 03/26/16
A
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
I just saw on the news that Sanders buried Clinton in Alaska caucus. I'm not a fan of either but, just curious about what Alaskans see in this candidate? I'm not looking to start a political bashing, just asking.

In the Land of the Blind, the one eyed man is King

Know guns,know peace,know safety..No guns,No peace,NO safety
GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by archer1214
I just saw on the news that Sanders buried Clinton in Alaska caucus. I'm not a fan of either but, just curious about what Alaskans see in this candidate?

The younger democrats see a lot of free stuff. That, and they hate Hillary.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Our 3 point almost 4 billion dollar budget deficit is on the news almost daily. Bernie's ad praising the demise of oil as an energy source (the state's most significant revenue source for the past 3+ decades) only played a time or two before someone realized that Bernie might not benefit from Alaskans knowing what Bernie was thinking. "Bernie" stickers and yard signs are easily the most common political theme I'm seeing around Fairbanks.

Last edited by Klikitarik; 03/27/16.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They also drew huge crowds around the state for the Ds... a total of 440 votes! The Ds will not draw well here in the general election.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Alaska is a land of extremes, which includes it's people. When they go stupid, they go full retard.

IC B2

L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I like Bernie - just not his agenda. He's the only honest communist in the Democratic primary. I'd drink a beer with him, but never ever vote for him.

The Republican candidate will get all 3 of Alaska's general vote I think. Not that it matters- too few, tho with the Trump thing, Trump could have used them to avoid brokerage.. I fear what happens if neither Trump nor Cruz gets the required minimum - our candidate will be selected not by the people after a fashion, but by the GOP Establishment -probably not Trump, possibly not Cruz, but some compromise - and we saw how good their judgement has been in the last few elections. And the evil bitch of the east will be in- Bernie just ain't gonna make the cut. EB might be in anyway, but certain with a GOP brokered convention.

Our polls are still open when they announce the presidential winner, so this is basically an exercise in entertainment and frustration for us..

I like what Kasich says, but he's now playing the spoiler - which I don't like. He's obviously hoping to be the nominee if a brokered convention

Last edited by las; 03/27/16.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Alaska is a land of extremes, which includes it's people. When they go stupid, they go full retard.

Come on.....You can't be this dumb! Can you say DEMOGRAPHICS?

Alaska is the land of lots of white voters who love free bees. Can you say Wasilla?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by archer1214
I just saw on the news that Sanders buried Clinton in Alaska caucus. I'm not a fan of either but, just curious about what Alaskans see in this candidate? I'm not looking to start a political bashing, just asking.

Alaska democraps would rather vote for an honest communist than a lying, condescending, selfish cuhnt.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I agree with the assessment Bernie is honest, and I see lots of young folks and a good number of older ones too that think there really is a free lunch.

For those that work in gov't or quasi gov't jobs, Bernie is really popular, he plans to tax exorbitantly those that produce in the private sector to fund the gov't and quasi gov't jobs at even greater levels and of course the obligatory handouts to the FSA (free chit army, nod to 4ager)

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bernie comes off sounding more common and likable than any of the rest of the remaining field. He appeals to people who don't trust the Gov't status quo, and he has a curmudgeonly appeal without being screechy, preachy, braggardly, or disingenuous. I could see sitting down and talking something besides politics with him over coffee, something I can't really imagine doing with the others.

That said, I could never vote for him. Then again, perhaps a winter on the trapline in Alaska might do his politics some good. laugh

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Alaska needs to ban and dismantle all corrupt Democrat controlled Unions that are organized and controlled from outside and go to local State operated Unions without politicians pulling the strings, .....resident hire only and all money stays here .... End and forbid the political indoctrination !!!!! too many good young 20-30 yr olds permanently brainwashed by the communist/ Democrat elite, then there are those who think that "free the pot" and their right to get stoned out their friggin minds every day is true Liberty and Freedom....... finally there are the weak who will vote for the candidate their current bitch instructs them to vote for, or else ..... of course Bernie will provide for a healthy and happy welfare existence and more free goodies while they exercise their " Freedom" to indulge in narcotic zombification ...... Unions are Alaskas greatest enemy, Unions have done more to create mindless liberal drones than any other entity in this States history ........

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I can't speak for alaskans, but what I'm seeing from a few of my friends on facebook, they are being drawn by a two things:

-free college tuition
-taxing the guy that makes more because he can afford it

that is a sampling of 2 individuals but I think that they are probably being sucked in by the same as a lot of others.

my wife has a co-worker that left her job so she could live off the state and get insurance for "free" because her insurance was too much through work, i'll bet she will vote Bernie or Hillary or whomever else continues to promote "free"

L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Watch4 beer -

That poll doesn't mean that much - turnout will, which was poor in the primary.

Assuming Bernie grabs the native vote- which he will- they are lockstep Dems, mostly - that's 20% right there. If just over 1/3 the rest go Dem ( they can pretty much get that in Anchorage alone, and then there is Homer...-, that's over 50% and the election, as we have seen with out Governor races - specifically Tony "The Weasel" Knowles.

Last edited by las; 03/28/16.

L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I see Rubio is retaining the delegates he won here also..... hmmmmm.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Swamplord
Alaska needs to ban and dismantle all corrupt Democrat controlled Unions that are organized and controlled from outside and go to local State operated Unions without politicians pulling the strings, .....resident hire only and all money stays here .... End and forbid the political indoctrination !!!!! too many good young 20-30 yr olds permanently brainwashed by the communist/ Democrat elite, then there are those who think that "free the pot" and their right to get stoned out their friggin minds every day is true Liberty and Freedom....... finally there are the weak who will vote for the candidate their current bitch instructs them to vote for, or else ..... of course Bernie will provide for a healthy and happy welfare existence and more free goodies while they exercise their " Freedom" to indulge in narcotic zombification ...... Unions are Alaskas greatest enemy, Unions have done more to create mindless liberal drones than any other entity in this States history ........

Lots of legal issues with your plan. Alaska ran a resident-only hire plan and the courts said it is unconstitutional... second, unions cannot just be outlawed, no matter how badly you want to. Third, they have as much right to create mindless drones as anyone else... and I am anti-union for the most part.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
There is a group called "Alaskans for Bernie Sanders" checking out the members reveals a lot of Ak Natives, college students, minorities, of course the phagphlag wavers and the stoners, the f'ed up part is there is a bunch of libtard non-Alaskans in the mix of the gimmee gimmee Bernie Babies

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Swamplord
There is a group called "Alaskans for Bernie Sanders" checking out the members reveals a lot of Ak Natives, college students, minorities, of course the phagphlag wavers and the stoners, the f'ed up part is there is a bunch of libtard non-Alaskans in the mix of the gimmee gimmee Bernie Babies

I was surprised how many people from the Valley we part of that group! Meth Heads for Bernie?

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
If Bernie is elected we will see a mass exodus of wealth from this country, it has happened throughout history, but what would history know? Lol

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My wife was surprised to find out how many Bernie fans there are in our neighborhood. School teachers, artists, wives of oil industry (or former oil industry) workers that don't grasp that they are upper middle class and would be the ones paying the brunt of communist policies.

My wife's grandparents had their land stolen by the Bolsheviks and had to flee for their lives with whatever they could carry, so the reality of communist rule is not an abstract concept to her.

We've become a nation of mush heads.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

175 members (300_savage, 1badf350, 2ndwind, 117LBS, 204guy, 1lessdog, 27 invisible), 2,307 guests, and 967 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,446
Posts18,528,791
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.