Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 68 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 67 68
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Travis keep your head up. Take care of your family. Everything else will fall into place. I believe you are a good guy. Never met you, but hope we can shoot, hunt, cast a line, or whatever else outdoors when I get back to the states. You are always more then welcome at my place in the Bitterroot! Addiction is a tough battle doesn't matter what the addiction is. I think I can speak for everyone on here we are all behind you and if we can help in anyway I believe we all will. Take care.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hugh
Step#9 Made direct amends to such people wherever possible,except when to do so would injure them or others.
Been 14 years for me.

A little over 31 years for me, and I still make a meeting a week.

On a web forum, an apology is about the only amends a man can make, and then stop doing what he apologized for.

This is how we "clear away the wreckage of our past".

Whether an apology is accepted, or not, has no bearing on it's effectiveness in the "clearing away" process.

Once all our amends are made, we are free from guilt and can look the world and its people in the eye.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Damn! It is alarming at how many folks have been down this road. I wish everyone, with these struggles, much success and I will say a prayer for all.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Damn! It is alarming at how many folks have been down this road. I wish everyone, with these struggles, much success and I will say a prayer for all.

As well.

The timing is suspect on this one. I enjoyed 'Flave's previous April Fool's Day pranks...getting married...having a kid...and this one had potential, but I think it affects too many in a very personal way that they won't find funny. Perhaps it's a "bridge too far".

As for me...

[video:youtube]v=zYMD_W_r3Fg[/video]

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Ummmm.. he is married with kids.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
As many of you know I've had a problem with alcohol for some time. And as some of you know this problem came to a head about a month or so ago when I not only lost some very close friends, but I also came very close to losing my family.

To make a long story short, the situation I was in caused me to reflect on what the root issue of all my problems truly are. It came down to two things:

1.) Myself.
2.) Alcohol.

This was not any easy thing to admit but once I admitted it, the changes (all for the better) started unfolding.

I am on my way to recovery and I thought that I had apologized to everybody that I had hurt in the past. Until I was visiting with an individual that attends the same AA meetings I do. He had mentioned that he logged onto Facebook and apologized to all the people he had never met, but assuredly offended and attacked while intoxicated. Initially I didn't think anything of his comment until I realized that even though this isn't Facebook, there are still real people with real names and real families that I have attacked on this forum.

I'm not talking about causal back-and-forth ribbing. I'm talking about the people that I personally attacked. I'm not talking about jokingly stating "GFY." I'm talking about the people I was purposely caustic to for no reason. I know now that even though we may still disagree on some topics, I didn't attack them because of what I thought of them. I attacked them because of what I thought of myself.

This list may not be all inclusive but this is the best list I could compile after a great deal of thought and reflection:

Kevin Gibson
JeffO
Take a Knee
Gunwizard
Curdog
RobJordan
bigsqueeze
djs

I would like to apologize to each and every one of the people I listed above. I don't expect all of you to forgive me and I don't expect all of you to accept my apology but I wanted to apologize regardless. Again, some of the things I wrote to all of you were more than just two people disagreeing. They were purposely hateful, and I apologize.

Last but not least I would like to apologize to Mr. Rick Bin. I've used his business to tear others down, when I should have been trying to build my life back up. I've blatantly disregarded his rules in an attempt to make others feel bad, so I could feel good.

I am sorry.

I will more than likely continue to post here if I feel I can help somebody with a question, but I will be posting far less than I have in the past. As anybody that has struggled with this illness knows, there are certain "triggers" I have to avoid right now and posting online is one of them.

If you feel I had slighted you in the past, please PM me. I don't want this post/thread to turn into a pissing match. I only want those that I listed to know how I feel.

Thank you and Happy Easter to all,

Travis

Travis,

Every cut and insult was forgiven and forgotten about one microsecond after reading it...you are who you are. Yeah I might have taken offense on occasion but I'm a big boy and I've always been over it.

Best of luck to you sir for a speedy recovery, and I really wish you the best of luck with your family.

So keep 'em coming if you feel inclined, I still won't be offended. But get better, that's all that really matters.

Kevin

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Re your apology to me, you have a PM.

Disregard the pricks on here making light of your thread, you will have to deal with self absorbed idiots like them the rest of your life.

It's easier when you are sober.

I reserve trust for people that earn it.

That's fair, but doesn't mean you have to mock the dude's post you can sit back and watch. April 1st isn't that far away and even if this is a hoax it'll have a funnier punch line than "my wife took over my sign on".

I tend to believe it best to reserve judgment silently rather than mock loudly when it comes to serious stuff like this.

I also believe that this thread is a great testimony to the core of this community; in spite of all the nastiness on the political threads we can come together.

GFY y'all.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I never did the steps, but if I had number nine would have been impossible.
If i had gone to those guys and told them what I regretted, those sorry bastards would have wanted to kill me. grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As far as I'm concerned, Travis is one of the sharpest comedic minds I've seen on this entire site.

Not sure what he does for a living, but he has Natural Talent and should pursue it.

For those on this thread to have "kicked him" while he is down is Pitiful and Pathetic; it takes a Grown Man to come here and apologize for what he realizes are mistakes he has made, and feelings he may have hurt.

Best of Luck to you

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Travis

If you are being sincere then I commend you for taking control of your life and curbing your addiction for the good of yourself and your family. It's a tough thing to do but it is ultimately rewarding.

If this is a April fools prank, GFY, you magnificent bastard.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dude270
Travis

If you are being sincere then I commend you for taking control of your life and curbing your addiction for the good of yourself and your family. It's a tough thing to do but it is ultimately rewarding.

If this is a April fools prank, GFY, you magnificent bastard.

+1

There's 2 dates they carve on your tombstone.
Everyone knows what they mean.
What's more important is time that is known
as the little dash inbetween.

Razz
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Thanks again to all of those showing support.

Especially those that have accepted my apology. It means more to me than you know.

I'm a bit overwhelmed by the amount of support right now. I honestly only came on here to make things right. If you've sent me a PM please be patient in waiting for me to respond. I have a surprisingly large amount to go through and right now I get somewhat irritated when I discuss my not drinking. That may sound stupid but it is true regardless.

I'm coming on here more to catch up on gun stuff than anything else but thanks again for all the replies.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Stay gold pony boy !

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Crank this mofacker up...

Last edited by SamOlson; 03/29/16.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Travis, glad to see you back. You've been missed.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rehab is for quitters

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by 700LH
Rehab is for quitters

yeah but once you start you can't stop or...

Good luck Travis, hope you get what you are looking for.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Well isn't this heart warming? A showering of support for sir drinks a lot.

I said I was done with the campfire and I should just stick to that plan. But this BS step 9 stuff, I guess I just can't leave it alone.

What kind of a step 9 is this? Selective step 9? Step 9 for hurt internet feelings?

What about actual damage, actual losses suffered by others?

Am I speaking too soon? Is the "check in the mail"?

I'll explain what I'm talking about, since I didn't see my name on the apology list.

Last fall Travis told me about a sweet old ford pickup truck he knew about in Havre. He sent me pictures. I fell in love with the old truck (As he figured I would) and he suggested that he could inquire about it for me. I thought that would be great. He kept me from dealing with the "owner" by explaining that it was an elderly man that had no phone and really didn't like talking to people very much. Travis was going to take care of the deal for me. I told Travis I would come out in the spring of 16 with a trailer and cash. But half way through Dec he said we better get it purchased because the owner had another guy wanting to buy it from him and it wasn't going to last til spring.

So, right before Christmas when I needed to be buying Christmas gifts etc, I send Travis $1500 Which I did gladly because it was a smoking hot deal for a 65 Ranger model with the factory bucket seats, original condition, just a dream come true for a restoration guy like myself.

Here's the truck.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Nice huh? Yeah I loved it, instantly.

Here's the problem, it's total BS.

Time is passing, soon it's new years and I'm anxious for my new truck, there's new excuse after new excuse. He's busy at work, can't get to the DMV to get the "title straightened out". He said the truck was in the old man's brother's name and they had to bring in death certificate to transfer title. They were going to get it in Travis's name for the sake of speed, then I could just show like I bought it from Travis. Pretty soon it's Feb, then mid Feb, then Travis tells me the old man died.

Now this could take a while to fix the title issues. At this point what am I going to do? I feel bad the old man died, I'm just going to be respectful and how ever long it takes it takes.

I'm still excited about the truck and in the beginning of March I was emailing a friend, I had Travis's photos in an email on my work computer. I went to right click and copy over the image file but I'm clumsy with laptop finger pad. I accidentally hit "search google for" and a google window popped up with search results for the image file name.

Here's what my accidental google search turned up.

Click and scroll down.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1298881-65-66-f250-rangers-3.html

That is a link that leads to page 3 of a thread on another forum. The thread is about 65-66 ford ranger model trucks. The photos that Travis sent me were swiped off the internet from this thread. He played like he took these photos himself, he even gave me some chit line about "Better not pop the hood on a strangers truck, I could get shot! Lol!" They were not his photos, he never saw this truck, there was no old man and title mix up and no death. It was all BS.

He's got my $1500 and I've got nothing. No written agreement, no receipt, no nothing. Just an empty hole in my account where $1500 used to be.

I txt him as soon as I figured it out, no reply. I have tried calling, no answer, PM's? No reply.

Yeah, I've been pretty cranky about it. I was having fun here back when I was still on the hook with Dflave, back when I thought he was helping me get this sweet and totally fake truck.

I was Long Duck Dong for a bit there, laughing my butt off and having fun. Well, about the same time Rick killed long duck, this truck deal went all to hell and I've got to explain to my wife that my fake internet friend sold me a fake internet truck. I said F-it, done with internet friends, done with the campfire, it just a pile of political fights anyways, who needs that crap?

It's been a $hitty month.

You all go on ahead with your prayers and support for your hero that says he's so sorry and so sober.

Good luck with your sober savior. I'd laugh at the thought of it if I wasn't so pissed.

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That is some weird [bleep] there. Northern Dave would you like to restore a 71 wagoneer? Pm me 4 details. Thanks John

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Angus1895
That is some weird [bleep] there. Northern Dave would you like to restore a 71 wagoneer? Pm me 4 details. Thanks John

oh sure, should I start sending you money? hold on while I get the checkbook.

Bunch of funny [bleep] here tonight.

Something clever here.

Page 11 of 68 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 67 68

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

632 members (16gage, 1badf350, 1moredeer, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 3,101 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,961
Posts18,519,472
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.