Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 68 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 67 68
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I was told a long time ago by a good friend to "always take the high road". It has been sound advice and I have tried to adhere to it. To pile on to this thread is senseless, but I couldn't be quiet any longer after Northern Dave chimed in.

I had been in Havre last December, bird hunting with Travis and we actually did look at a couple of old farm vehicles that he said he was partnering with Dave to get restored. I paid no attention to it, that was their business, until Dave comes up short on the deposit money.

My disconnect with Travis was finally realizing the loss of genuine friendship when he took advantage of a couple of deals we had going. I did get paid for any guns I got for him, but worse than money is the abuse of a friendship.

I had taken Travis to my prairie dog hunting spot, which is on a private ranch about 200 miles away from where I live. We have had several Prairie Dog Invitationals at that ranch and those that were there can admit that we had an awesome time.

What I didn't know was that Travis had brought some of his buddies from Havre back to that spot without me knowing it. It is very remote and my chances of finding out were minimal at best and I didn't even consider that happening in the first place.

I got a call from Randy, who owns the ranch and he was pretty upset, because he had some antelope hunters on his property last fall and Travis and his buddies had gone onto his property and set up benches and shot prairie dogs without permission. I didn't believe it was Travis until Randy described the vehicle that was there and it was Travis.

I can still shoot prairie dogs, but I damn near lost it due to Travis and his buddies not only interrupting the antelope hunters, but leaving some beer cans near the old homestead building.

I have to admit I was fooled, I dropped Travis's signature line a few months back because of his unsettled behavior. Now for him to ask for forgiveness, may be genuine, may be a ruse, but I am done taking chances.

I hope the best for his family, but as for Travis, I think he really need more help than he is ever going to get here...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In retrospect, all these posts show a couple of things.

1. We have a pretty good bunch of guys on here, offering support and encouragement in spite of being suspect. Many having went through at one time in their lives what the OP is allegedly going through.

2. See number 1

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Northern Dave jumped the gun IF Travis owes him money.

I've never seen a drunk come into AA on a winning streak financially. Making amends to people we owe money to requires that we contact, them acknowledge the debt, and arrange to pay it off. Typically, it requires payments spread out over time, and we generally owe financial amends to more than one party, so priorities must be set.

So...... in a way, our sobriety is the only collateral we have to offer.

I have to settle the debt, or get drunk. That's just how it works.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shrapnel

I have to admit I was fooled, I dropped Travis's signature line a few months back because of his unsettled behavior. Now for him to ask for forgiveness, may be genuine, may be a ruse, but I am done taking chances.

I hope the best for his family, but as for Travis, I think he really need more help than he is ever going to get here...

Does this mean you are backing out on the liver donation?

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ltppowell
There really are some flaming dickheads here.

^^ THIS!!! ^^

IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by deflave
I'm not going to argue with Dave online.

Suffice to say his post is loaded with half-truths.

Dave,

I sent you another e-mail. Try reading it this time.

Travis

I'll admit I had a few beers last night and jumped into this under the influence of anger and alcohol.

But this morning it's just me and a misty sunrise, peaceful country sounds surround me. And I can honestly say, go to hell. Read your own damn email if you wan't to talk about "half truths".

What did you do? You tell Shrap I stiffed you on a "deposit"? There was no deposit, it was just a too good to be true $1500 truck and yeah shame on me for being that stupid but I did honestly buy a 69 charger for 1200 bucks last year so this seemed like it could be another one of those awesome deals.

Yeah, shame on me. I know, that's why I hadn't posted about it and also why I shouldn't have last night. This won't get me anywhere. Look what I'm doing right now, this thing is still robbing from me because I should be working right now but I'm typing on a keyboard instead. And I'm self employed, so I don't get paid for keyboard time, I need to be turning wrenches on cars.

Excuse my while I continue on with my 16 hour work day, I have some catching up to do, financially.

Something clever here.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Ingwe is out of this one.......

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I miss Long Duck Dong.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was told a long time ago by a good friend to "always take the high road". It has been sound advice and I have tried to adhere to it. To pile on to this thread is senseless, but I couldn't be quiet any longer after Northern Dave chimed in.

I had been in Havre last December, bird hunting with Travis and we actually did look at a couple of old farm vehicles that he said he was partnering with Dave to get restored. I paid no attention to it, that was their business, until Dave comes up short on the deposit money.

My disconnect with Travis was finally realizing the loss of genuine friendship when he took advantage of a couple of deals we had going. I did get paid for any guns I got for him, but worse than money is the abuse of a friendship.

I had taken Travis to my prairie dog hunting spot, which is on a private ranch about 200 miles away from where I live. We have had several Prairie Dog Invitationals at that ranch and those that were there can admit that we had an awesome time.

What I didn't know was that Travis had brought some of his buddies from Havre back to that spot without me knowing it. It is very remote and my chances of finding out were minimal at best and I didn't even consider that happening in the first place.

I got a call from Randy, who owns the ranch and he was pretty upset, because he had some antelope hunters on his property last fall and Travis and his buddies had gone onto his property and set up benches and shot prairie dogs without permission. I didn't believe it was Travis until Randy described the vehicle that was there and it was Travis.

I can still shoot prairie dogs, but I damn near lost it due to Travis and his buddies not only interrupting the antelope hunters, but leaving some beer cans near the old homestead building.

This was all bullshit until now. Shrapnel is one of the few on here that I blindly believe and has much integrity, but I wonder why N Dave did not make the OP list? Or Shrapnel?

On second thought, Shrap would not air out his dirty laundry here IF it were true.

Last edited by Sakoluvr; 03/29/16.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by ingwe
Ingwe is out of this one.......

ND let the pissy cat out of the bag and so far, none of the 24hrCF blue bloods have been able to re-bag it. Entertaining to watch them try though.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Some 'abuse of friendship' on gun deals and sneaky trespassing/backstabbing in the fall turns into a bird hunt in Havre in Dec....hmmm.

Accidental reverse image searches...

Still waiting for a few days to see how this plays out... whistle smile

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Being a Columbo fan since the ice age, just one more thing.

If ND's and Shrapnel's recounts are accurate.....why wouldn't 'flave include them in his original universal apology post?

Seems like wronging a close friend would put them at the top of the repentant's list.

Deviant actions are so much worse than an internet insult.

Hoaxy.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Gaaaaaaawwwwwwwd you guys must hate it when I'm right. Sucks to be gullible huh?

Tell ya what, I hope that this thread isn't what it appears to be and that Travis is on a new path. I've never given someone the benefit of the doubt and been bitter about it afterward.

Also I really hope that part of that new path is making things right w/ ND. He is a good guy and obviously frustrated by whatever has gone on.

As far as FB is concerned though, I'd suggest you consider not taking yourself or what goes on here so seriously. I quite frankly don't care whether you're right, don't consider being gracious and hoping for the best as "gullible," and have to remind you that this isn't about you.

Or your wife (in case that is who actually typed that post).

Best wishes to all; FB & his wife included,

efw

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by MojoHand
Some 'abuse of friendship' on gun deals and sneaky trespassing/backstabbing in the fall turns into a bird hunt in Havre in Dec....hmmm.

Accidental reverse image searches...

Still waiting for a few days to see how this plays out... whistle smile

Not the crime but the cover-up. Gets them every time.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Did Randy buy Bob's place?

Map, don't claim you haven't seen this before...

[Linked Image]

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C

Who would do this to Chuck Norris?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can honestly say I did not buy Bob's place & ive never called shrapnel

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
If this turns out to be a internet hoax and a april fools joke, I think the joke is on the participants and would show their/his character in an extremely poor light. The buffoons are not the ones that posted positive things, but would be those/him setting up an internet hoax on such a sensitive subject.
I don't know any of the major participants, but i do know some of those offering support. It would be at the bottom of the barrel to degrade and take atvantage of that for a prank.

There are some mighty fine people on this forum, but there are others, not so much.
And by the way, CCCC DOES have basically a warehouse full of old chevy's he is starting to sell. That is not fiction.
I have seen and been in the warehouse, so have others that have posted on this thread.

As to that hunting spot, I fired a friend of over 30 years a few years ago. Taken atvantage of one too many times. I had invited him up to northern colorado, he had been there with me one other time, to go to a elk camp run by family. About a week before we were to drive up there, i called him telling him my blood pressure medication didn't seem to be working, i wanted to see the doctor prior to going up and get it taken care of.
He got real upset, and i found out why. He was going to drive up with me, participate in the great food, home grown beef, trout, etc., and then spring it on me to drive from N.W. colorado to denver so he could get on a plane to go somewhere else. He had already bought the tickets without telling me.
It wasn't the first time he had pulled something, but it turned out to be the last.
If this turns out to be a hoax, then one will NEVER look at the participants in the same light. Using the 12step program, drawing out people that had fought an addiction, geez, that would be low.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 03/29/16.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
"As the Campfire Turns so do the Days of our Lives"

..........BWAAAAAAAAA

You ALL need to get outside for a while,

Grammar is important.
Capitol letters are the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" & "helping your uncle jack off a horse".
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
FWIW...... N.D. and Shrapnel didn't belong on Travis's original apology post.

It only covered those who Travis felt he had wronged ON THIS FORUM.

Wrongs done to others, IN THE REAL WORLD, will be dealt with separately. Those require AMENDS, not just apologies.

So far, Travis has behaved exactly like a new AA member would behave if he is sincere in staying sober.

I wish him well.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Page 16 of 68 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 67 68

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (1badf350, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1lessdog, 1minute, 52 invisible), 2,932 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,955
Posts18,519,375
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.