Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 68 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 67 68
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Evening?

I have a 'no drinking' policy at work and have found that my employees don't take it very well when I break this rule without sharing. wink

Then share mutha fugga!

Puff Puff, Give!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Evening?

I have a 'no drinking' policy at work and have found that my employees don't take it very well when I break this rule without sharing. wink

Then share mutha fugga!

Puff Puff, Give!

I would cept I'm fresh out of Old Crow.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Northern Dave is one of the few guys on here I trust.

Hate that happened to you pard and I'll say right now, I hope you and Travis are fooling the scheit out of us.

I eased down the road because it was just crazy around here. If this is on the level, I guess I should have stayed gone.

Disappointing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some good posts here, especially most recent by roninphx and Curdog in my view (although they're not necessarily in sync). I'd love to be able to help a guy here who is down and doing his best to pull himself up - and would decry any jerk (and accomplices) who set out to mock and abuse the openness and good will of others here. Time will tell - patience can be a virtue.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I have got errands to run, but one of the posts got me to thinking of a former friend.
I have gone to the same tank on the same ranch to shoot dove opening day for over 60 years. Some years a limit is maybe ten minutes. A former friend kept bugging me to take him, so i finally did. And it was as described. I went back the next day and found him and four or five others all set up, and that was after telling him at the beginning to keep it quiet.
Happened again a few years ago when he was asking me questions on elk in unit 8, and then i find one of his close friends in exactly where i had described. One other incident was bringing him in on a deal i ran across for .41magnum componets, brass at .03 a round, bullets 100count at 4bucks a box etc. Then i got later into the 41mag thing, and he wanted to sell it back at midway prices. I am a slow learner, but i learn.
The current story makes me think of that.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Northern Dave is one of the few guys on here I trust.

Hate that happened to you pard and I'll say right now, I hope you and Travis are fooling the scheit out of us.

I eased down the road because it was just crazy around here. If this is on the level, I guess I should have stayed gone.

Disappointing.

As someone who was personally named by the OP in his apology post, and given the nature of the supposed problem (addiction) if this is a hoax, it's a new low for the Internet in my experience.

And if people I respect such as Shrap and Dave are part of a hoax, in the face of all the genuine support and empathy for the person apologizing and admitting addiction, then that's just too damn weird to believe.

I don't think it's a hoax. I stand by my acceptance of his apology and my well-wishes sent his direction. If it turns out I'm wrong, then shame on me, but I will err on the side of empathy for the plight of the other guy every single time. This life has its challenges. People get the [bleep] kicked out of them by life, get back up, and then do good things every single day. Getting back up and looking at that sod in the mirror is the part that takes courage.

Stick with it, Trav. You've got a long life yet ahead to write a new story.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Travis, we've never met or even really interacted on the fire, but I've always liked you. Good to hear you're taking these positive steps and I think you're going to find most people are good-hearted and willing to give you another chance. Takes a big man to come here and do what you did. Keep your chin up, peace brother.
Phil

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
laugh

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
We been had.For sure.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hugh
We been had.For sure.

Not I.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by tzone
Gaaaaaaawwwwwwwd you guys must hate it when I'm right. Sucks to be gullible huh?

Don't know if you're Right or wrong, but you still seem to be an ass hole

Thought I'd flush out his sincerity by posting my grievances, and of course... silence. No PM, no nothing. That's because this whole thing is BS. And you guys fall for it, AGAIN.

The outcome doesnt matter in your case, YOU come out looking like a dumbass AGAIN.

You just cant win. That you're oblivious to it is the most hilarious part. poor fireball, "i'm a winner either way".

TFF

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Didn't buy this from the start
From page two:

Originally Posted by Tracks
Originally Posted by FlaRick
I'm beginning to understand how so many of the members here have been taken in by Trump.

Right, caution is the word here.
If this is a gag, it's in damn poor taste.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by deflave
As many of you know I've had a problem with alcohol for some time. And as some of you know this problem came to a head about a month or so ago when I not only lost some very close friends, but I also came very close to losing my family.

To make a long story short, the situation I was in caused me to reflect on what the root issue of all my problems truly are. It came down to two things:

1.) Myself.
2.) Alcohol.

This was not any easy thing to admit but once I admitted it, the changes (all for the better) started unfolding.

I am on my way to recovery and I thought that I had apologized to everybody that I had hurt in the past. Until I was visiting with an individual that attends the same AA meetings I do. He had mentioned that he logged onto Facebook and apologized to all the people he had never met, but assuredly offended and attacked while intoxicated. Initially I didn't think anything of his comment until I realized that even though this isn't Facebook, there are still real people with real names and real families that I have attacked on this forum.

I'm not talking about causal back-and-forth ribbing. I'm talking about the people that I personally attacked. I'm not talking about jokingly stating "GFY." I'm talking about the people I was purposely caustic to for no reason. I know now that even though we may still disagree on some topics, I didn't attack them because of what I thought of them. I attacked them because of what I thought of myself.

This list may not be all inclusive but this is the best list I could compile after a great deal of thought and reflection:

Kevin Gibson
JeffO
Take a Knee
Gunwizard
Curdog
RobJordan
bigsqueeze
djs

I would like to apologize to each and every one of the people I listed above. I don't expect all of you to forgive me and I don't expect all of you to accept my apology but I wanted to apologize regardless. Again, some of the things I wrote to all of you were more than just two people disagreeing. They were purposely hateful, and I apologize.

Last but not least I would like to apologize to Mr. Rick Bin. I've used his business to tear others down, when I should have been trying to build my life back up. I've blatantly disregarded his rules in an attempt to make others feel bad, so I could feel good.

I am sorry.

I will more than likely continue to post here if I feel I can help somebody with a question, but I will be posting far less than I have in the past. As anybody that has struggled with this illness knows, there are certain "triggers" I have to avoid right now and posting online is one of them.

If you feel I had slighted you in the past, please PM me. I don't want this post/thread to turn into a pissing match. I only want those that I listed to know how I feel.

Thank you and Happy Easter to all,

Travis

I liked it when you insulted me.I felt so dirty.Congrats on your self realization.I have been alcohol free for 32 years.I don`t have to be drunk or high to have fun and act stupid.Things are going to get much better.It takes a lot of balls to do what you are doing.I am impressed.Huntz

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good luck, Travis.
Alcohol has had its effect on my family, and I know what a giant leap you've just taken. Your biggest challenge is going to be not turning around and leaping the other way.

Um, upon reading the whole thread, now I'm wondering if we've been Uberlanched or Liar24ed. Drying out or getting clean isn't really a good focal point for a joke...it really is not.

Last edited by Dave_Skinner; 03/30/16.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
[Linked Image]

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I look at it this way, either I'm right and he's a shameless prankster and all of you chumps fell for it, AGAIN, or I'm wrong and he's a flaming azzhole and an abusive alcoholic.

I don't think I'll lose any sleep over it either way.

Personally, I don't give a sh*t whether you're right or wrong. If it's a joke, I'll laugh at myself and congratulate the merry pranksters on a job well done.

The fact that you're so concerned about being "right" on something like this speaks volumes. Get a damn life.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
This is the INTERNET guys.. It ain't REAL!!!
Go outside and play!

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Don't tell me what to do....I'm going outside now.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
These aren't problems, they're opportunities.

Travis: Start drinking again. Things were better then.

Dave: Mark that $1200 Charger up by an additional $1500 when you sell it.

Shrapnel: That place ain't no secret. You posted a map multiple times. I actually ate my copy when you almost caught me last year.

See, easy as pie -- a quick plan to resolution.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
Page 18 of 68 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 67 68

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 22250rem, 1badf350, 204guy, 60 invisible), 2,264 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,003
Posts18,500,053
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.