-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Outraged? Me? I haven't been mad in 30 years, and then it was just because I was drunk. Many people (not necessarily you) have a habit of thinking that everybody thinks like they do. Those who can't control their emotions live, and die, by them. I believe that emotional control, like patience, can be learned, at least by a reasonably intelligent person. Emotional people are easily controlled (contrary to their own beliefs)and this debacle on an election cycle illustrates that.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Wondering how many of you that have daughters or wives that you don't beat (it's sad that I have to put in that disclaimer) would tell them if they came home from work after being yanked and displaying bruises that they deserve it?

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Ah, the beating your wife angle...Nice.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Wondering how many of you that have daughters or wives that you don't beat (it's sad that I have to put in that disclaimer) would tell them if they came home from work after being yanked and displaying bruises that they deserve it?

TFF, and how very liberal of you to send us all on a guilt trip. You will fit right in when you pull that lever for Hillary this Nov.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by heavywalker

TFF, and how very liberal of you to send us all on a guilt trip. You will fit right in when you pull that lever for Hillary this Nov.
Many here are revealing themselves, of late, to be the very liberals they pretend to hate.

IC B2

Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
So none of you can answer this?

Didn't know we had that many wife beaters. grin grin grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Jesus H. Christ; you're not only delusional, you've not gone full bore disgusting.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Actually, if a woman I cared about got involved in a situation like that, I'd tell her, "You need to stay far away from anyone protected by the Secret Service."

Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Just a link to a Florida lawyers/cops talking about the case, I'll let the legal eagles make any comments relevant to it.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/03/donald-trump-campaign-manager-assault-221353#ixzz44O04Kn7s

Despite Donald Trump’s insistence that it’s a flimsy case, the battery charge against his campaign manager is straightforward for Florida prosecutors, according to independent attorneys and a reading of state statute.

The strength of the allegations against Corey Lewandowski revolve around multiple factors that most simple battery cases don’t have: video, audio and eye-witness evidence that indicates he grabbed reporter Michelle Fields by the arm and yanked her out of Trump’s way without her permission.

The wording of Florida statute, 784.03 (1) (a) (1), cited by the Jupiter police officer who charged Lewandowski on Tuesday, is also broad and clear when it comes to the charge: “The offense of battery occurs when a person… Actually and intentionally touches or strikes another person against the will of the other.”

For veteran defense attorney Elizabeth L. Parker, the letter of the law and the wealth of evidence against Lewandowski make this a tough case for him to defend if prosecutors decide to pursue it.

“You have the most corroborating evidence I’ve seen in a battery case in a long time,” said Parker, who supervised battery cases from 2003-2011 as a prosecutor in Palm Beach County, where the incident occurred.

“It’s not often you get a crime caught on tape. Most battery cases are he-said, she-said. And the police come and the police make a determination. And prosecutors look to see if there’s any corroborating evidence. Are there any injuries? Any independent witnesses? – things like that,” Parker said. “And here we have all of that…. Again, it’s very rare, and it’s a very prosecutable case.”

An attorney for Lewandowski, Scott N. Richardson, said his client was innocent. Trump said there was “nothing there.”

“I’m sticking up for a person because I’m not gonna let a person’s life be destroyed over somebody that we have on tape, and you just take a look at what people are saying when they see that incident on tape,” Trump told reporters during a 25-minute news conference while aboard his plane on Tuesday. “No jury, in my opinion, no jury would convict a man and destroy a man’s life over what you witnessed.”

Katie S. Phang, a Miami attorney with the powerhouse Berger Singerman firm, questioned whether Lewandowski should press his luck.

"If the State Attorney's Office files this charge, and Lewandowski pushes this case to trial, he better hope that a 'jury of his peers' drinks the Trump Kool-Aid, too. Because if they don't, he just might be convicted," Phang said.

The incident, which occurred March 8 at the Trump National Golf Club, was witnessed by Washington Post reporter Ben Terris, who said he saw Lewandowski yank Fields, then a reporter for Breitbart News, as she tried to ask Trump a question after his news conference. In an audio recording of the incident played for Jupiter Police Officer Marc Bujnowski, Fields and Terris expressed surprise with Lewandowski’s rough treatment.

Bujnowski, noting Fields showed him bruises on her arm, also obtained surveillance video from the golf club that corroborated the reporters’ story and cast doubt on Lewandowski’s claim that he never touched or saw Fields.

Whether the case gets prosecuted, however, is another matter.

Palm Beach County State Attorney Dave Aronberg has yet to receive the case from the Jupiter Police Department and couldn’t comment on it, said spokesman Mike Edmondson. He said the police officer made a determination to charge based on “probable cause” that a crime occurred. But, he said, prosecutors have to decide two extra factors before bringing the case: “if the state can meet its burden of proof beyond a reasonable doubt and if there’s a reasonable likelihood of conviction before moving forward with a charge.”

Miami-Dade criminal defense attorney Patrick J. McGeehan said that, while the evidence indicates there was a battery, the prosecutors might not push the case because it might not be a slam dunk. In reviewing the video footage, McGeehan said, there’s a possibility that prosecutors could consider how aggressively Fields pursued Trump as she tried to question him.

A former Miami police officer, McGeehan said an officer would normally make a simple battery charge in a low-profile case involving private citizens who, say, got in a fight in a bar.

“But if you, me and Donald Trump get in a fist fight in a parking lot, they’re going to take it to the state attorney and go ‘hey, what should we do with this?’ At least that’s been my experience in Dade County and I was a policeman for 22 years,” McGeehan said.

As for the underlying charge, McGeehan and Parker were in clear agreement: “Battery? Yeah,” he said. “Under the statute – under the broad statute – yeah: Battery.”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Actually, if a woman I cared about got involved in a situation like that, I'd tell her, "You need to stay far away from anyone protected by the Secret Service."

My cousin married into the NSA. His advice was to stay well clear of anyone who is protected by any alphabet agency. They don't have to play nice.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
IC B3

Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by high_country_
My cousin married into the NSA. His advice was to stay well clear of anyone who is protected by any alphabet agency. They don't have to play nice.

Well, in this case it just involved a thug from New Hampshire. No alphabets involved... but yeah, keeping a good distance between any fed LEO and yourself is always a good idea.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wouldn't call her a thug, just overzealous and put in her place. How she deals with being made to look like a crybaby in the media will show the true colors.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
If you watch that video, you see both SS agents turn and reach for her in the frame right before Lewandowski grabbed her. She was clearly told to back off.

Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Since this is relevant to the thread...

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I don't care if it costs him the election, Trunp should not fire that man. Let the damned SJWs howl to the ends of the earth. Do not compromise and do not fire that man.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
No, it's not. You thinking it relevant makes it largely more irrelevant than it was in the first place.

You beginning to understand yet?

I wish you could post your nonsense in another forum where more than 2 folks agreed with you such that Trump's polling numbers would continue to rise.

Here, your silly cackling is only an insult to Cruz voters and inspirational to those who support Trump.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
You are now obviously winded.

Time to tap-out and give Jordan a turn.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Trump certainly won't even consider firing Corey, especially to those dykes who already announced their support to Cruz.

Maybe the same women can ask Cruz the question he's refused to answer 5 times now..."have you always been faithful to your wife"?

Cruz dodges that question more than he dodges the truth and reality.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Trump is being much nicer about it than I would be. I would flat out say that anyone who watches that video and thinks they see a fireable offense is a liar out for political gain (looking at you Ted Cruz), an idiot (looking at you Calhoun), or both (looking at you media).

Last edited by JoeBob; 03/30/16.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Everything that Michelle Fields has done has been all perfectly choreographed and perfectly carried out.

Her only planning now is figuring out how and where to spend her 30 pieces of silver....

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (22250rem, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 56 invisible), 1,647 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,997
Posts18,520,346
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.