Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
rrroae Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
All this talk about jobs got me thinking.

A company keeps pestering my wife to work for them in Seattle and we wanted to give it some consideration if the area would be a nice new adventure. They also have an office in Austin but I'd like to be near water if we move.

So is Seattle just one big giant liberal utopia or can you find some nice areas within a 30 minute commute where you can enjoy the water and outdoor life including hunting? General opinions of the area?

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
30 minutes in the car will get you about a block and a half down the road in seattle. less during rush hour....

wink

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I was stationed across the sound from Seattle for awhile back in the 80s. I came to the conclusion that if I had to live in a big city, Seattle might not be too bad. However, I haven't been back since so.....

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
rrroae Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by UtahLefty
30 minutes in the car will get you about a block and a half down the road in seattle. less during rush hour....

wink

Doesn't sound that appealing.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Most people don't live in Seattle, live in the suburbs and commute. There is plenty of water, and hunting can be had but you may have to travel more than 30 minutes.

I'd say if you are truly considering it, schedule a trip out here and see what you think for yourself.

I live about 2 hours south of seattle, to me it is like Vegas, nice place to go for the weekend but no way in hell i'd live there.

IC B2

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
one of my daughters had always wanted to live in seattle when she grew up. One trip there 3 years ago disabused her of the notion straight out.

traffic is unimaginably bad. it is pretty though, and if you were willing to bike / ferry I suppose it would be fine

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Liberal to the bone. The sun comes out for 26 minutes on the 4th of July,..rains the rest of the time.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Liberal to the bone. The sun comes out for 26 minutes on the 4th of July,..rains the rest of the time.

laugh

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Don't get off I-90 downtown

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Spent the first 33 years of my life in the Puget Sound area (Seattle suburbs) and still have lots of family there. You couldn't pay me to go back (traffic, people, weather, etc.)...

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I miss throwing the crab pots, digging razor clams, the good beer (when I still drank), the good food, good coffee. Doc Maynard's, Big Time Brewing and throwing darts at the Whistle Stop.

But I left in '92 and don't regret it for a minute. I have hunting partner that still lives in Graham. Travel is measured in time & everything costs money. Just not my cup o' tea anymore.

What would Porter Rockwell do?
rrroae Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Hate the sun. Eyes are light sensitive so I like it overcast or raining. This part I like.

I do have sort of a mischievous streak and antagonizing liberals would be pretty entertaining although my wife would probably be embarrassed to come home and see I painted NRA in 10 ft bold colors on every side of our downtown home. A fella could have a lot of fun in a place like that if he had the right mindset.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That Pretty much says it! I live on the Olympic Peninsula about 55 miles west of Seattle by way of using the WSF between Winslow and Seattle. Let me just say that I can drive it faster driving around through Tacoma by taking the wife with me using the car pool lanes although that's not always a given. Now Seattle is a beautiful place but the cost of housing is out of sight if you are either buying, renting or leasing.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rrroae
All this talk about jobs got me thinking.

A company keeps pestering my wife to work for them in Seattle and we wanted to give it some consideration if the area would be a nice new adventure. They also have an office in Austin but I'd like to be near water if we move.

So is Seattle just one big giant liberal utopia or can you find some nice areas within a 30 minute commute where you can enjoy the water and outdoor life including hunting? General opinions of the area?

San Francisco with worse weather... smirk

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thirty minutes out can be real nice. About the worst thing would be that I live so close. grin

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
San Francisco with worse weather...

Perfectly said!

Lived 40 min east of seattle for 25 years. To far to commute with traffic, but a nice area to live.

The Liberal agenda was simply too much for me and I had to get out. The social programs and property taxes were a killer for me too. Could not see my son grow up there learning all this social welfare rubbish!

Once Weyerhaeuser sold the tree farm to John Handcock, I was out of there. I would not live anyplace near there today if I had a choice as you do. Go visit for a week and see what you think. I'll bet you choose otherwise once that event is behind you.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
rrroae Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JJHACK
.....Go visit for a week and see what you think.

I think I'm good.

We've got good hunting, good fishing and few people where we live now. Winters can wear me down but overall I think I better start appreciating what we have.

rrroae Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by luv2safari

San Francisco with worse weather... smirk

That was about all the mental image I needed.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

No. We know it doesn't show until July 5th.

Carpe' Scrotum
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 54 invisible), 2,488 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,934
Posts18,498,740
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.