Page 25 of 102 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 101 102
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by norm99
where are the bad lands and hoodos???

norm

The first picture was taken in Bryce Canyon National Park in Utah and the hoodos were taken in Arches National Park in Utah. With five national parks in it, Utah has some fantastic scenery.

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Hey Razz, that griz is in elk creek in hayden valley right?

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
From my favorite state to visit. Great scenery and great people!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Larry
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
SRM, hate to tell you but that is the biggest Cinnamon Black Bear I have ever seen! My wife and I were camping Memorial Day weekend up in the Valle Vidal in northern New Mexico when we came up on this critter. He was busy digging roots in the creek bottom. Mt wife's first words were "I didn't know we had grizzlys in New Mexico." We watched him for a bit and it was real clear it was not a griz. At 50 or so yards it was a thrill.

There's 2 dates they carve on your tombstone.
Everyone knows what they mean.
What's more important is time that is known
as the little dash inbetween.

Razz
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
I saw a bunch of those at Philmont.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A few of my deer hunting AO last year. First time bow hunting since I was a young teen. Had a blast. Saw several moose (Bulls, cow and calves) and had a chance at several deer (I let 'em go--early in the season). Ended up going home empty handed but enjoyed every second of it. It's a controlled hunt wth unlimited tags so you're guaranteed a draw but it then puts the kybosh on any other deer hunting for the year. frown

Oh well, I'll probably put in for it again. It's less than an hour from the house so I can get waay more hunting time in.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

BTW,

All my pics are from Idaho. Most of my backpacking was years ago before smart phones or affordable digital cameras. Will have to see if I can scan some prints...

Last edited by MojoHand; 04/03/16. Reason: Auto-'correct'...of course!

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I will say, although Big Stick/Boxer can be abrasive to a lot of people online (I think it's mostly a expert trolling maneuver)...

A) he does know the topics he talks about

B) he is ABSOLUTELY correct when he says...'Fück Yo Couch'!

Get out there people. You don't need a high end camera to enjoy and share your memories. This thread is proof of that...

Thanks to all who have contributed.

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Snake River Marksman;
Thanks ever so much sir for starting this veritable feast for our eyes.

I've been really enjoying it - as said previously it makes one smile.

Random stuff then it is! grin

Our girls on a hunt with the old man, back when I wasn't.
[Linked Image]

Top of Mt. Revelstoke
[Linked Image]

Blanket Creek, BC
[Linked Image]

Maui
[Linked Image]

Maui again - different daughter

[Linked Image]

Cannon Beach, Oregon
[Linked Image]

More later folks.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by krp
Spanish gold markers and Hohokam lizards... you never were the first...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Now those are awesome pics! Partly because I don't have anything like that anywhere near me, but anytime can see pictures of real history like that it makes me happy! I love a good mystery, and seeing stuff like that can't help but wonder and imagine who did it, why they did it,what does it mean etc...it really set the imagination spinning.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
A few more photos;

Chipmunk chowing on kinnickinnick
[Linked Image]

Canuck legal 14" pump gun
[Linked Image]

Branding day was yesterday
[Linked Image]

We do topical treatment nowadays and pain meds for the new steers.
[Linked Image]

Moving the herd with cow dogs is the way to go
[Linked Image]

Canadian made bear repellent one mine - one done for eldest daughter
[Linked Image]

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 04/03/16.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Bye for now from just across the medicine line.
[Linked Image]

Thanks for looking and thanks again for all the folks who've shared. Have a good week all.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mojo, you've got a great eye! Love your pics!

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
OK, here's some random ones...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Last year I took the first real vacation I've had in 20 years (maybe more) not including holidays or the occasional day or two for hunting.

One of my best buddies (the guy playing drums in an earlier pic) goes with his family on a week long vacation to wherever each year. He has a twin brother and his parents refer to me as 'the triplet'! They even made up a faux legal document 'adopting' me officially... whistle eek wink

Anyway, they insisted I join them at a house they rented in the Lake Chelan, WA area. I tried to decline feeling like an interloper but they wouldn't take no for an answer.

Interesting country...you're up on the plateau and for as far as you can see its scrubby, dry land wheat farming. Then you drop down a grade and, boom, you're in the heart of apple and grape territory with orchards and vineyards as far as the eye can see. Lush, verdant landscapes to take your breath away. Plus, you're right next to a huge, long, deep, crystal,clear lake.

The itinerary for the week was relaxing, hanging in the pool, checking out some local eateries and drinking fine wine and beer. The only thing scheduled was a float plane tour to a winery on the Columbia. It was myself, my buddy and his brother and their wives.

Now, I'm a bit of a plane geek so getting to fly on a DeHavilland Beaver to a winery was awesome for me and a real highlight of the trip. We took off from Lake Chelan and landed on the Columbia literally dockside at the winery. Tried out some wines in the tasting room and each ended buying a case to take back (fantastic wines, btw. Rio Vista Winery).

Here's some shots from the plane and I'll throw a couple of vids up from the takeoff and landing. IIRC, the pilot told me he had 12,000+ hours in his logbook (might've been 20,000+ he used to be an Alaskan bush pilot).

Love the old radial engines!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
One last group.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Larry
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Panoramic pic with the phone off the deck of the tasting room. The seaplane dock is right down there in the river.

[Linked Image]

Orchards and vineyards...

[Linked Image]

Shots of the gorge where Lake Chelan dumps into the Columbia (there's a dam there).

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Taking off from Lake Chelan (my friends were nice enough to let me sit co-pilot (they had taken the trip the year previously).

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Landing on the Columbia River (during the flight you could see deer along the river banks and lying beneath trees). Still wonder how they deal with deer and the crops there, especially, the apples.

Page 25 of 102 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 101 102

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (1234, 1lessdog, 22250rem, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,238 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,366
Posts18,506,409
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.