Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
I have asked your question several times without getting any reasonable response. Usually just that Trump is the only non establishment candidate running. You have to be freaking blind to claim that Cruz is an insider.

Ron Paul: I wouldn't support Trump as GOP nominee

2/24/16 Trump has been able to tap into the anger and fear of a large "minority" of voters, Paul told CNBC's "Squawk Box." He said the billionaire businessman acts like he has all the answers but "zero" realistic solutions to the problems facing the nation.

"I hear the ability of politicians to capitalize on the worries," the libertarian Republican continued. "They're able to use the blame game."

I like Cruz--he's always been on my short list:

But Cruz is an insider that's disliked by the insiders.

Cruz has been angling for political jobs since he graduated from college--even moving back to Texas to start his elected politician career--a'la Hillary Clinton to NY.

Cruz hasn't exactly led the Senate or Congress on any forward progress--like immigration and trade.

As I stated before, Trump nailed the issues and proposed solutions that Americans believe are the most important issues currently.

It's not that Cruz is bad, he just hasn't demonstrated the leadership.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Damn, that's TWO in a row! Excellent post.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

BTW: The libertarian presidential debate is on FOX tonight--hosted by Stossel laugh

Thanks Jorge.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
I have asked your question several times without getting any reasonable response. Usually just that Trump is the only non establishment candidate running. You have to be freaking blind to claim that Cruz is an insider.

2/24/16 Trump has been able to tap into the anger and fear of a large "minority" of voters, Paul told CNBC's "Squawk Box." He said the billionaire businessman acts like he has all the answers but "zero" realistic solutions to the problems facing the nation.

"I hear the ability of politicians to capitalize on the worries," the libertarian Republican continued. "They're able to use the blame game."

Cruz has been angling for political jobs since he graduated from college--even moving back to Texas to start his elected politician career--a'la Hillary Clinton to NY.

Cruz hasn't exactly led the Senate or Congress on any forward progress--like immigration and trade.

As I stated before, Trump nailed the issues and proposed solutions that Americans believe are the most important issues currently.

Casey

Cruz has been a Tea Party Constitutional Conservative Outsider since Texas.
You will never find another FRESHMAN Senator who has stood his ground and fought the fight as hard as Cruz.
Even in his first two years with Harry Reid in charge of the Senate.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If a John Wayne type espoused the same things that Paul did it would have been much better received Imo

I could just see John Wayne calling us the "worlds policeman", and leaving the weak to fend for themselves. grin

John Wayne undermining a war and getting Troops killed because of it...hardly.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Neither one of us can know how JW or anyone else would respond W4bear.

But I'd like to think JW would approach war the way a guy should approach a street fight.

Go all out and crush your opponent or stay home.

If you got to war & crush, go home anyway, leave a card that says "if I have to come back, it's gonna get ugly next time"

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
March 31, 2016, Ron Paul: I will not vote for Trump

Former Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) said on Thursday he wouldn't vote for Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump.
"I was very explicit about that. I wouldn't vote for Donald Trump," he said on CNN on Thursday.

"If you can't stand any of them and you happen to be a dedicated progressive, you ought to make your vote count and vote for the Green Party and if you happen to be a libertarian, vote for the Libertarian Party," he continued.

Paul noted that some people say Trump is "far superior" or the lesser of two evils, but he doesn't know what the celebrity real estate mogul would do if elected president.
"Quite frankly, I'm not sure exactly what he'll do and that bothers me as well," he said, "because he can give two positions in one speech."

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not sure Paul backed Romney or McCain either

pretty sure he didn't

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The corruption of the GOP did it for me.

I don't know if it was Ron Paul's intent to show the corruption of the GOP to the country, but he did it for many people.

Trump is showing a lot more people.

In fact, a candidate who wants to "punch them right in the face" is the natural response for anyone who followed the 2012 Ron Paul campaign.

Of course, I'm not surprised that it's not condoned by Ron Paul. He's a very ideological, principled man.

But I have to disagree with him on this.

A soft spoken, Libertarian student of Austrian economics isn't ever going to break down the establishment's walls.

It's going to take a Trump,...or it's going to take what comes after Trump.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Go all out and crush your opponent or stay home.

If you got to war & crush, go home anyway, leave a card that says "if I have to come back, it's gonna get ugly next time"

Agreed, but paul never said anything like that did he? He was on the enemies side condemning our country. Phu-kk him to death.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Good article on this very question here,...from another Alt-Right website.

http://www.vox.com/2016/4/4/11346078/donald-trump-support

excerpt:

I have always been right of center, though I never felt much affinity for the GOP. I have never registered as a Republican (or Democrat for that matter). I had meandered in my political identification, adopting various labels to shorten conversations with others but never really feeling as if they reflected my true sensibilities.

"Libertarian" was an effective catchall term for a while. It connoted as succinctly as possible to others, "Well, he's not a Republican, but he sure isn't a Democrat either," even if I wasn't drinking the Ayn Rand Kool-Aid and thinking magic dirt will transform everyone on the planet into prosperous, intelligent, self-reliant types who would all enjoy a standard of living beyond anything we could presently imagine and respect each other's rights if only that dang government weren't in the way.

In any case, "libertarian" was a term of convenience, which to my more D-party-leaning friends — and I suspect to all such types, friends or not — meant that I wasn't some culture warrior on abortion but I had right-wing beliefs to some extent.

If anything, Trump is not a clown; he's the most serious candidate, Democrat or Republican, in decades. He is talking about actual issues that are on everyday people's minds. Whether or not over the span of several administrations an elaborate Rube Goldberg machine works out perfectly to deliver a Supreme Court capable of overturning Roe v. Wade is not something on normal people's minds when they vote. Things like an actual border and border enforcement, a meaningful definition of "citizen," and not seeing their jobs go overseas are.

Trump tapped into the dead obvious, but it took a certain amount of courage to do so, as these issues are taboo, and the heat he is getting for it on all sides demonstrates that. Any other candidate would crumble, meekly apologize, and slink off into the night, never to be seen again. Trump got the other end of the equation right too: Never back down, never apologize.

As for what I would like to see in place of the GOP, I think framing things in terms of liberal/conservative is a system on its way out. The future, not just in America but effectively around the globe, will be defined by globalists and anti-globalists. The neocons can return home to the Democratic Party (being a mutant strain of Trotskyists that went "right wing"), and the few Democrats still under the delusion that they are members of a party that gives a damn about labor can join up with the anti-globalists. And that's the future of American partisan politics — an explicitly anti-globalist party versus a globalist party of transnational elites. I stress that the hegemon absolutely has the right to say it does not want to be the hegemon anymore.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Immigration is the only issue that matters. Either we stem it or all these nice ideas about constitutionalism and the like are just mental masturbation. We will be drowned in a wave of third world peasants who have no appreciation for our culture and history, or worse are outright hostile to our values.

Trump IS THE ONLY PERSON of national stature to address this issue in nearly two decades. It is the reason he is attacked so.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
I wouldn't say I went "from" RP "to" the Donald. I supported Rand early on, but when he dropped out I had to choose between two turds. Both are equally stinky (Ted & the Donald) and I cringed as I watched them in the debates.

I came to the conclusion that Ted is the establishment's anti-establishment candidate. On paper he is less wrong than The Donald clearly, but I don't trust him to do what I'd elect him to do any more than I would trust Kasich; the only difference between them is a few years in DC and Kasich's predilection toward bath houses vs. Ted's whore houses.

The Donald sucks. I am not excited to vote for him. He just sucks less, and has more ability to win, than Cruz. It also helps him in my mind that many of the same people who worked actively to block RP are blocking him. When establishment, MSM, Dems, and Party Hard Cores here speak loudly against someone I look hard.

Bottom line: this Party and its ruling class need a hard core reality check and a guy they despise as deeply as Trump may be a good start. If he sucks, he can't suck any worse than another Democrat because there is no comparing him IN THE PRESIDENCY against Cruz who is CERTAIN to lose BIG TIME. The comparison is, and has got to always be, Trump & Hil.

Oh and for all his negatives, he'll be AWESOME to watch in a debate w/ Hillary. All the stuff we've wished Reps would say to/about her will come out on that stage and it'll be a sight to see!

I've held my nose at the polls enough even while knowing my state would go blue. I believe Trump could actually make Michigan Red w/ all the union folks here. That'd be awesome and well worth the stench.

If he blows up the Party, good riddance. If we have to suffer more democratic rule to get a Party that actually represents its constituents' interests, that's an investment.

Honestly I am a pilgrim just passing through. I want to leave my kids something better than this, but I can only do what I can do and empires have come and gone and my hope and that of my children isn't in DC. Nor has my Lord been elected, but is the king/President maker. So those who wring their hands over all this get a shrug from me; the Christians who do so leave me in genuine consternation. It's not gonna be ok; it's gonna be AWESOME.

Grace and peace y'all,

efw

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Immigration is the only issue that matters. Either we stem it or all these nice ideas about constitutionalism and the like are just mental masturbation. We will be drowned in a wave of third world peasants who have no appreciation for our culture and history, or worse are outright hostile to our values.

Trump IS THE ONLY PERSON of national stature to address this issue in nearly two decades. It is the reason he is attacked so.

JoeBob seems to be one of the few who "get it". Brilliant point.

If your country is over run with 3rd world migrants who will not assimilate then your country is gone anyway and so is your Constitution. Because they will be in the majority and kill it all.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

This.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Couple outstanding posts there JoeBob and efw.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by BobinNH

If your country is over run with 3rd world migrants who will not assimilate then your country is gone anyway and so is your Constitution. Because they will be in the majority and kill it all.

The Zionist joos here in America "get it". Their cousins in Israel built a wall, and strictly control immigration.

Bad ideas for America though, according to them.

Last edited by Bluemonday; 04/04/16.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BobinNH

There is a Pew Research study predicting this will be an entirely different country by 2050 if immigration continues unabated and without question to main reason why I will support Trump if he is the nominee.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Casey

Yes!

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
robert white: I didn't!
For the majority of Americans the idiocy that is the "libertarian" mentality is completely unacceptable - and I agree completely with the majority in this instance.
Re-assess your misguided position.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1minute, 1badf350, 10ring1, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 67 invisible), 2,220 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,011
Posts18,500,243
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.