Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I only became aware of the term "Alt-Right" as a result of the Breitbart article (which was linked by the Vox Popoli blog)

It's true that they refuse to subscribe to the old taboos, but their attitudes are not that far off from typical mainstream white people. One of the most interesting Alt-Right blogs that I've found is maintained by Ron Unz,.. "The Unz Review"

He hardly fits the definition of any type of neo Nazi,...and neither do the people who contribute to his blog.

This is Ron Unz.

http://www.ronunz.org/summary-biography/

Summary Biography of Ron Unz

Theoretical physics by training, Mr. Unz serves as founder and chairman of UNZ.org, a content-archiving website providing free access to many hundreds of thousands of articles from prominent periodicals of the last hundred and fifty years. He also served as publisher of The American Conservative, a small opinion magazine, from 2006 to 2013 and had previously served as chairman of Wall Street Analytics, Inc., a financial services software company which he founded in New York City in 1987. He holds undergraduate and graduate degrees from Harvard University, Cambridge University, and Stanford University, and is a past first-place winner in the Intel/Westinghouse Science Talent Search. He was born in Los Angeles in 1961.

He has long been deeply interested in public policy issues, and his writings on issues of immigration, race, ethnicity, and social policy have appeared in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Commentary, The Nation, and numerous other publications.

In 1994, he launched a surprise Republican primary challenge to incumbent Gov. Pete Wilson of California, running on a conservative, pro-immigrant platform against the prevailing political sentiment, and received 34% of the vote. Later that year, he campaigned as a leading opponent of Prop. 187, the anti-immigration initiative, and was a top featured speaker at a 70,000 person pro-immigrant march in Los Angeles, the largest political rally in California history to that date.

In 1997, Mr. Unz began his “English for the Children” initiative campaign to dismantle bilingual education in California. He drafted Prop. 227 and led the campaign to qualify and pass the measure, culminating in a landslide 61% victory in June 1998, effectively eliminating over one-third of America’s bilingual programs. Within less than three years of the new English immersion curriculum, the mean percentile test scores of over a million immigrant students in California rose by an average of 70%. He later organized and led similar initiative campaigns in other states, winning with 63% in the 2000 Arizona vote and a remarkable 68% in the 2002 Massachusetts vote without spending a single dollar on advertising.

After spending most of the 2000s focused on software projects, he has recently become much more active in his public policy writings, most of which have appeared in his own magazine.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Nothing but an incoherent profane dumb bell.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Nothing but an incoherent p;profane dumb bell.

Anyone with a three-digit IQ is "incoherent" to you.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
RamZ's take on how the lamestream media will attempt to smear the Alt-Right's take on Nationalism is prescient. Look for it. What is going on with Trump is only the beginning.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Then you would be very coherent, bigot.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
From what I can see, the Alt-Right will be the alternative to the liberals with the upcoming generations.

They're going to have many differences with the current right's way of doing business. Social issues aren't going to be a big element in their platform. For that matter, neither is traditional definitions of the divides that currently exist between the left and right.

The division of the upcoming generations will be globalist vs. non globalist.

It's already starting to show.

Trump's hard line against illegal immigration and not allowing an influx of Muslims into the country is definitely a non-globalist position.

It's not just in America, either.

The Alt-Right is starting to gain a lot of ground in Europe as well,...and it's main focus is a non globalist agenda.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Another blog from the Alt-Right,..appropriately named "Alternative right" with a very good article for Easter.

http://alternative-right.blogspot.com/2016/03/friday-bloody-friday-gibsons-passion.html#more

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
From what I can see, the Alt-Right will be the alternative to the liberals with the upcoming generations.

They're going to have many differences with the current right's way of doing business. Social issues aren't going to be a big element in their platform. For that matter, neither is traditional definitions of the divides that currently exist between the left and right.

The division of the upcoming generations will be globalist vs. non globalist.

It's already starting to show.

Trump's hard line against illegal immigration and not allowing an influx of Muslims into the country is definitely a non-globalist position.

It's not just in America, either.

The Alt-Right is starting to gain a lot of ground in Europe as well,...and it's main focus is a non globalist agenda.

Spot on there, Bristoe. wink

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Thanks BlueMonday!

IGNORE you go!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (163bc, 12344mag, 1234, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 54 invisible), 2,303 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,991
Posts18,499,913
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.