Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 60 of 68 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 67 68
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Don't plan to read 50 pages to figure out all the nuance and back and forth.

Travis has nipped my heels a few time (lots of keyboard sissies do that and the site is ripe with other cyber pussies as well... LOTS OF THEM).

As for the self-awareness and booze... genuine good wishes with that. Many many folks have the same struggle... 'self included.

Nice matters.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by BMT
May God bless and keep you this Easter.

Short, sweet, and my sentiments 100%. It takes a big man to admit weakness and do something about it.

Prayers sent your way Travis. Keep up the good work!

This. Travis isn't going to joke about damned near losing his family.

I was clearly wrong.

I'm not sure I have the words to describe a "man" that'd joke about losing his family.

Karma's a bitch, 'flave. Remember that when it comes around.

And that sir, speaks volumes about you. Bravo.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Yes it does.
This thread has been.....sad.

FJB & FJT
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I've followed this thread since its inception...wished Travis the best with his issues (still do.)

Some people think it's funny to put one over on folks, some people don't. To each his own.

My late father was one who always used to think it was absolutely hilarious to pull some sort of deception on people and (in his mind) make them look like some sort of fool, making himself look so clever in the process. He also took some sort of perverse pleasure in holding up others (his wife and kids especially) to ridicule. When I got the news that he was no longer among the living I felt a great weight lifted from my shoulders. I came to realize in later years that his behavior in that regard (like his alcoholism and philandering)was simply an attempt to overcome his deep-seated insecurity and low self esteem, both a product of the circumstances of his early life.

My wife's take on that sort of thing is, "Why say something that's not true?"

I say again, to each his own. If you like that sort of thing, live it up. If you don't , hey, it's just the internet.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
"I can't feel my face"

FJB & FJT
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
It definitely crossed the line but it's the internet so oh [bleep] well. It didn't offend me in the least.

However, I don't have time to read the whole thing so maybe someone could do me a solid and direct me to the parts that are supposed to be funny. Just seems like a lot of effort and build-up for something of such marginal comedic value.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
I'm half tempted to log off until next April, and bump this thread with an apology for last year's April Fools joke.

That would give you time to deal with your actual alcoholism. Your family would thank you for it later in life.

Not true.

They know I get cranky when I'm sober.

Dave

Sober & recovering are very, very different.

Good luck either way you crack me up.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good Lord you might want to read through all of this before you bare your soul,
It's a shame,scam, farce,bad attempt at a April Fools Day joke

This is why it's time for this to go to the basement,someone reads the initial heartfelt post and doesn't realize they are being played for being a caring person

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This is why it's time for this to go to the basement

BS this should be made a sticky for the life of the campfire.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B3

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage

I was clearly wrong.

I'm not sure I have the words to describe a "man" that'd joke about losing his family.

Yes. That's sort of the point. You were clearly wrong. Why would a grown "man" vouch for a person they've never met before in their life? What made you think you would know what I would and would not joke about?

Aren't you the same guy that moved to Washington to work with Mark Claiborne? I mean, for a guy that knows everything there is to know about everything, you seem sorta slow in this department.

For a bunch of people that spend so much time on the Hunter's Campfire, you and your ilk don't seem to observe much. Has anybody else noticed I tend to be a bit less than reverent? That every year an over the top April Fool's gag is formulated the week of April 1? That at least five other ass holes are in on it? That countless numbers of people are posting "Don't believe him!"

Is it stupid? Yes. It's supposed to be stupid. It's supposed to be over the top. And yes, the point of an April Fools joke, is to Fool, the audience you're attempting to fool.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm an ass hole. But I'm not a heartless ass hole. I can understand somebody giving me a solid "Get fugked" after they buy something like this. Especially guys that don't read this forum very much because they may not know this is an annual thing. I have friends on this site. Real friends. Not pretend friends. Real people that I have known. Some for better than 10 years. They text. I answer. They say "fugking dickhead." And that's it.

Why do strangers get so pissed when they have zero skin in the game? I'd say that answer is pretty obvious.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by watch4bear

This thread could be a fugkin' case study.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Originally Posted by 700LH
Rehab is for quitters

yeah but once you start you can't stop or...

Good luck Travis, hope you get what you are looking for.

Sounds like ya knock 'er outta the park.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by watch4bear

This thread poster should be a fugkin' case study.

Dave

If only obviously. And look into getting the premature ejection problem addressed. March 27 will hereafter be known as Premature "E" Day. Who's going "blow it" prematurely next time?

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I was clearly wrong.

Yes. That's sort of the point. You were clearly wrong. Why would a grown "man" vouch for a person they've never met before in their life? What made you think you would know what I would and would not joke about?

Any decent man I know wouldn't joke about losing his family. That's the point.

Aren't you the same guy that moved to Washington to work with Mark Claiborne?

Nope. Never lived in Washington. I did work with Claiborne, though, and once I found out what an absolute POS that jackass is, I got out of and away from that, fixed as many of the problems that [bleep] made as I could, and did my level best to make sure he didn't screw over anyone else. It's called learning from a mistake, admitting you're wrong, and rectifying the situation. With you, I was wrong to think that you had any degree of decency whatsoever. That's recognized now, and I suspect by far more folks thank you know.

I mean, for a guy that knows everything there is to know about everything, you seem sorta slow in this department.

I know enough to know that a decent man doesn't joke about losing his family. I thought you a decent man. I was wrong. I know enough to admit when I am wrong, and I was completely wrong about you.

For a bunch of people that spend so much time on the Hunter's Campfire, you and your ilk don't seem to observe much. Has anybody else noticed I tend to be a bit less than reverent? That every year an over the top April Fool's gag is formulated the week of April 1? That at least five other ass holes are in on it? That countless numbers of people are posting "Don't believe him!"

Good to know you take so much pride in what shouldn't be a joke, ever. Not just the alcoholism (that's apparent, and while sad, it shouldn't be funny), but the comments about losing your family. You should go home every damned day and be thankful for a wife and beautiful kids, and the LAST damned think that should ever enter your mind is losing them. To joke about that is just a height of selfishness and egotism that I don't understand, and for that I'm grateful.

Is it stupid? Yes. It's supposed to be stupid. It's supposed to be over the top. And yes, the point of an April Fools joke, is to Fool, the audience you're attempting to fool.

Well, congratulations. You fooled people who thought that 1) no decent man would joke about losing his family, and 2) that you might have actually realized that you have a drinking problem. Kudos for having tricked folks on both counts.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm an ass hole. But I'm not a heartless ass hole. I can understand somebody giving me a solid "Get fugked" after they buy something like this. Especially guys that don't read this forum very much because they may not know this is an annual thing. I have friends on this site. Real friends. Not pretend friends. Real people that I have known. Some for better than 10 years. They text. I answer. They say "fugking dickhead." And that's it.

Well, bully for you. As for real friends, yeah, I have quite a few. EvilTwin, isaac, MagMarc, TLEE, RWE, NH K9, and a host of others. These are guys that I've shared meals with; hunted with; and I know and trust. Not a single damned one of them would ever joke about losing their family, and if I ever had the selfish audacity to do the same about my family for something so trivial as an online "joke", I'd fully expect several of them to beat my ass.

Why do strangers get so pissed when they have zero skin in the game? I'd say that answer is pretty obvious.

Travis

Yeah, the answer is obvious. Those strangers took you for something you're not: a decent man. It won't happen again.

When karma catches up, and it always does, good luck to you. You'll need it.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Aren't you the same guy that moved to Washington to work with Mark Claiborne? I mean, for a guy that knows everything there is to know about everything, you seem sorta slow in this department.

Travis

Well bud, it's sort of like this. For the same reason fellas around here jump up to the plate to help some anonymous person who has run into hard times or the kid who doesn't have a gun or a person who could use some heartfelt advice,....you give because there's a kindred spirit amongst us and we put ourselves out there not expecting anything in return. You pretty much took all that goodwill and threw it in the trash for a few laughs.

I don't expect you or your friends will ever get it an that's ok. But making videos of yourself laughing at the fellas who were trying to help you(or Dave or Shrap) sure isn't doing you any favors nor is doubling down on why everyone here is so stupid or ignorant for wanting to help some stranger with nothing in it for themselves.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

...When karma catches up, and it always does, good luck to you. You'll need it.

Karma is just probability.

Bad Karma was invented by Schadenfreude.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by carbon12
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Becoming a dikhead is a choice, a choice some here wear as a badge of honor encouraged by their adoring followers. Sick jokes, crude language and crass behavior, like a bunch of pimplefaced adolescents in Jr. High. Never outgrew being punks, now that they're chonological adults they hide behind the keyboard and use the excuse that "it's the internet". Just because it' the internet doesn't mean it has to be vulgar, nor a contest to see who can post the most debauched images or comments.

Participating in this thread is a choice. If it is so far away from your standards, why are you here?
Like you said, it's a choice.

So a choice, but not really?

Are you female?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Yeah, Flave, a lot of well wishing guys hoping to give you words of encouragement is not much of a joke. Many of us have gone through real life situations that are similar to the crap you are pretending about. And you are right about some of us not posting much, but many of these threads are dead serious when we ask for help and advise. Your best responses are just rapid fire B S.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
where do i send that 15 hunny again?

My diploma is a DD214
Page 60 of 68 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 67 68

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1badf350, 22250rem, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 63 invisible), 2,625 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,951
Posts18,519,264
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.