Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Gary O Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
especially for home defense with available factory loads? What say you? Thanks...

http://www.300aacblackout.com/

Last edited by Gary O; 04/07/16.

Gary

Never underestimate the likelihood that the Republicans will cave...
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
5.56 Nato
Higher velocity,less recoil,better ammo availability.

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
5.56-versatility

"I threw a touchdown pass in the last minute to win the state championship game. I know it was 30 years ago and not relevant to this discussion but it makes me important and believable, it's the only great thing I even accomplished"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

bigger holes are seldom a bad thing.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
i had a blackout once, got rid of it pretty fast once i realized i could get same performance out of heavy bullets in a 556 ar-15 and ammo is much much cheaper if you dont roll your own!

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
the 300 is superior to the .223 but is roundly beat by the 5.56.
the whisper however edges them all out...in some loading.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
A 300 with a can and subsonics wouldn't be bad at livingroom distances. If you don't plan on a suppressor, get a 5.56.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
For home defence, I could car less which cal I had in my hand. I like both and love the 300 ACC

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Neither... A good old fashion 12 gauge pump action shotgun.

You can't beat that universal sound of a racking slide... followed by OH SHIZ, lets get outta here!

Load with #7 shot. Won't go through every wall in the house, yet will take out the bad guy at home defense ranges.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
An AR - even with a 16" barrel - is shorter, handier, and holds more rounds than a shotgun.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Owl

You can't beat that universal sound of a racking slide... followed by OH SHIZ, lets get outta here!

Load with #7 shot. Won't go through every wall in the house, yet will take out the bad guy at home defense ranges.

AR is WAY more versatile, can be loaded with varmit bullets for limited penetration, and with an upgraded charging handle can have just as impressive sound when a round is chambered, with much faster follow up shots, especially if they don't run, and there are more then one.

The Correct answer is 5.56.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I used to hold fast to the shotgun thought too... but everyone around here has me about convinced of the AR instead... but just in case both sit by the bed...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Owl

Has anybody ever heard of a real life experience that involved a gun fight or violent act to be prevented after somebody heard a shotgun being racked?

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes, I have observed an armed combatant, who already expressed intent to go out fighting so not to go back to prison, drop his handgun and comply immediately after a shotgun was placed into battery. On another occasion, a cornered murder suspect shot himself in the head near immediately after arriving officers were placing shotguns into battery upon exiting their vehicles. It is a very intimidating sound that telegraphs imminent pain and suffering to the person on the receiving end.

As to the 300BLK, I have nothing bad to say, a SR30 w/ a QDC suppressor is a wicked little beast, be it subsonic or supersonic. For what it is intended to do, nothing else, including the 5.56, can.

Best smile

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Thanks Gary.

Dave

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
At home range inside you house, don't believe the myth that birdshot from a shotgun won't completely penetrate the wall of one room to another

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Owl

Has anybody ever heard of a real life experience that involved a gun fight or violent act to be prevented after somebody heard a shotgun being racked?

Travis

At a gunshow once a guy told me a story of just that happening. The door got jimmied open, he racks the shotgun back in his bedroom and on inspection he finds a pried open door but nobody there. Now he was selling shotguns so...... wink

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
TC,

Those accounts I've heard.

I'm talking about influencing somebody that was truly ready to fight.

Dave

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
TC,

Those accounts I've heard.

I'm talking about influencing somebody that was truly ready to fight.

Dave

Then no, I haven't heard of a one. Funny/sad story. When I was a kid there was an alcoholic that lived down the street from us. His son was a friend of mine. The police were called to his house one day for domestic violence and it turned into a barricade situation. There were cops everywhere and finally the guy comes out on his front porch carrying a bolt action rifle and a 5th of whiskey. I bet 10 Remington 870's racked shells at the same time. The guy calmly walked to the edge of the porch, sat down on the steps with the rifle in his lap, took a big slug of whiskey and grinned at nothing. All the neighborhood kids where running around and when it happened we scattered. Nothing came of it. After a few more drinks he put the rifle down and went to jail. He eventually sobered up and became a good father, husband, man. I've always wondered if he ever realized how close he came to his end that day.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

138 members (44mc, 2UP, 470Evans, 375TN, 35, 17 invisible), 1,583 guests, and 1,015 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,957
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.