Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
I bought this unit and couldn't get her to calibrate. kept getting 99.99 instead of 100.
so RCBS customer service says yep, scales faulty.
So it goes back and today big brown brings me another...
GUESS WHAT!!!
Yep, 99.99.
in a room with no windows, NO electrical devices at all. no vents blowing and no florescent lighting and with a non conducting level surface. I even installed a ferrite choke on the cord for insurance.
so... I get the same CS rep o the line.
I lossen the two feet to ensure the cell isn't torques. I wipe down the pan and tablet and windscreen with a dryer sheet to knock out static...
still 99.99.
so I'm waiting on Dora to call and tell what they plan on doing.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
GB1

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Frustrating to say the least !

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I find it irritating when something like that happen's. Were it me, before I sent you another, I'd open the carton and make sure it was working properly before sending it back to the customer!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Damn that sucks. Did you by chance see what the 50 gram weight was indicating after calibrating?

I have a set of cal weights in the 1 to 10 gram range to check my unit after calibration as my typical charges are less than 10% of the calibration range that RCBS uses (0 to 100 grams).

Hopefully RCBS works with you pronto to get this resolved.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I had a problem calibrating my machine a few years ago. Called RCBS and the rep sent a new set of weights. Has since worked perfectly for a couple years now.

Darn thing nearly drove for a couple of years prior.

IC B2

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
The keypad on mine quit working just off of warranty. I got in touch with RCBS for a pad. It is an easy fix; glue new pad on and plug one wire into board. RCBS reused to sell me the new parts. Instead the rep said " buy a new combo." My reloading bench as become far less green after the experience.

I will hunt everywhere before I die!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Mauser12
The keypad on mine quit working just off of warranty. I got in touch with RCBS for a pad. It is an easy fix; glue new pad on and plug one wire into board. RCBS reused to sell me the new parts. Instead the rep said " buy a new combo." My reloading bench as become far less green after the experience.

Electronic stuff is far more fragile than a hunk of metal--nobody offers warranties on electronics the way they do on other products......

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I was temped to buy one but after reading several posts here and there about problems and reading how long it took for the scale/dispenser combos to measure out a charge I decided to stay mechanical. I can throw and trickle up about as quick. I hope you get the problem resolved.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
I was temped to buy one but after reading several posts here and there about problems and reading how long it took for the scale/dispenser combos to measure out a charge I decided to stay mechanical. I can throw and trickle up about as quick. I hope you get the problem resolved.

^^ this ^^

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Interesting. I assumed the warranty was the same as any other RCBS product. Thus far, my 1500 has been flawless.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Had one for 4 years now and it works great.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I've had one for 5 years or so. Its worked really well. It occasionally over throws a charge, but it beeps at you when it does. Its faster than I am.

lightman
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Love mine! One of the best things I've bought!

The beatings will continue until morale improves
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by captbutch
Love mine! One of the best things I've bought!

Same here!

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by lastround

^^ this ^^

^^^^^ Exactly this^^ Is it really that hard to use a beam scale??...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by lastround

^^ this ^^

^^^^^ Exactly this^^ Is it really that hard to use a beam scale??...

No, and it's not hard to use crank windows either but nobody buys a vehicle with them anymore. You might could throw and trickle charges almost as fast as the chargemaster if you're really on a roll but it's tedious and a lot of work for something that I can let the machine do for me. To be honest, I never though I'd like the thing as much as I do but it's really made reloading a much more enjoyable hobby for me. It was worth every penny I paid for it.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I had a green one. Major mistake, money down the toilet.
Got an Orange one. 10 years and running strong. Static? Flourescent Lights? Air vents? Why put up with all that crapola. Just buy an orange one and be done.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Mixed reviews on all of these units, and i don't have the time or energy to mess with them. For many rifles I do very well with a simple set of lee dippers. A couple of rifles I use the dippers and a trickler, actually weighing charges. My slowest is faster then their fastest.

Simple is good. Accurate is great...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (17CalFan, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 69 invisible), 2,348 guests, and 1,494 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,679
Posts18,493,859
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.