Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#11110375 04/10/16
Kenlguy Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
This past week, I felt a strange ache in my left foot and hoped like hell that it wasn't what I thought it was. Sure enough, today it blew up into a full blown plantar faciitus.

OH JOY

Been through this crap before and I know that the next few weeks are going to be fairly miserable to say the least.

I'll need to look for a new insole with a high arch and do those stretching exercises they tell you to do. Not that they do much good in the first place.

Meanwhile walking on the toes of my left foot is the least painful way to get from point A to point B without showing a painful grimace or making those ooo owww ooo sounds as I hobble around.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
GB4

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Don't know what your situation is, but if you can get to a physical therapist that knows how to tape your foot for it, life will be better for you. At least in my experience.

Mine's taped right now. I was shown how to do it myself. Tape is $8-$9 a roll or so on Amazon.

I had to wonder why the doc didn't tape it while I was there being "diagnosed" ( I had a pretty good idea what it was). Instead, I got a script for PT and had to live with it for a month or more until I could get to one.

First time there the guy taped it up and almost immediate relief. Heel pads help too, but the tape is the best. Stays on for 2-3 days so the roll lasts a bit. And it's working at night while you don't have your shoes/insoles on.

Good luck with it.

Maybe you can find a video of how to tape it online, if you can't get to a PT person.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I have size 13 feet, highish arches, very high instep, and a large Achilles' tendon. About 12 years ago I started getting plantar facitiitus.

I went online and bought high arch insoles. Within days the pain was almost gone. The problem I have with my high insteps is finding a shoe with enough volume to accomadate my high insteps and a high arch insole. Eventually I switched to Superfeet blue insoles, which are medium high arch support, and also switched to a wider shoe to provide more volume. That has pretty much addressed things.

In my ski boots and one pair of my hiking/hunting boots I'm using Superfeet black which are low arch support. It seems the Superfeet blacks are stiff enough to provide the support needed, at least in the case of those particular shoes.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Night splint, stretches, new balance tennis shoes, cowboy boots, and inserts from a foot store ( about 65 bucks for those) and use them with other shoes. Summer months, a sandal/Flip flop with arch suppor.

I suffered for a year, I even got a shot in the heel, then I tried the above and I have been good for three years now.

The stretch I use is with your feet together, bend over and try to touch your toes. Just relax and hang there for 30 seconds. Eventually you can touch the floor. Another God stretch is using a wall Put one foot up to the wall or curb and lean into it.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
When I had a bout of it, my GP (who is a runner) suggested freezing a small bottle of water and then using that to roll under my arch. Works great.

IC B2

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Superfeet orange insoles were recommended to me when I started having plantar fasciitis problems several years ago. I've been using them since that time and have not had a reoccurrence.
Paul

If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ask your doctor for Meloxicam and at least 3 days off your feet. A 5 gallon bucket of ice water to soak your foot in helps, too.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I struggled with it for years and what solved it for me was a Strassburg Sock I wore to be bed for about 3 months.

https://thesock.com/

Of course, good shoes that fit and good insoles (I use Sole) and stretching helped keep it away but the sock was what healed it.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I ve had two episodes of it,that lasted a year or so apiece, both feet.
Arch supports, tape, shots, sandals, ice ,done all of it.
best of luck with it .

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I guess I was lucky, had it on my right foot so bad I could hardly walk. Got the insole and the exercises, was good to go in about 2 weeks or less. 10-12 years later, all's well. (knock on wood).

[Linked Image]
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I had it for a while then I bought Z-coil shoes and it went away. Really helped with my lower back pain as well. Haven't had a problem in years. Found out about them from an OR nurse.

http://www.zcoil.com/

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
get this sock and wear it at night. It cured mine fast.

http://www.amazon.com/Strassburg-So...sr=8-6&keywords=plantar+fascia+socks

Kenlguy Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks to all for the information. That sock looks like it would take some getting used-to if you have to sleep while wearing it. Got one on order anyways.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
Thanks to all for the information. That sock looks like it would take some getting used-to if you have to sleep while wearing it. Got one on order anyways.

The strassburg sock was pretty easy to wear and the relief was great.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Put your hand through the handle on a 1/2 gallon of FAMOUS GROUSE and every ten 'tip toes'....take a good snort! It won't take long before you won't give a damn!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

95 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 3dtestify, 44automag, 300_savage, 17 invisible), 1,260 guests, and 912 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,994
Posts18,481,132
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.