Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Because Obama and those that follow in his footsteps have a pen, and you don't. whistle

MALHEUR COUNTY, Ore. - A proposal to designate a huge portion of land in Malheur County, Oregon, as a national monument, is causing a lot of concern. The proposal is backed by environmental groups wanting to preserve the 2.5 million acres of land, but in a recent vote in Malheur County 90 percent of residents said they didn't want the land designated a national monument.

Sunday afternoon in Jordan Valley hundreds of people gathered for a town hall meeting to discuss what they call a devastating plan for not only ranchers, but anyone who enjoys the land. They say a national monument designation means more regulations.

"We see this as an issue affecting everyone, not just the people that live here," said Elias Eiguren, who is a fifth generation cattle rancher in Malheur County.

He is passionately against a national monument designation.

"Mainly from the standpoint of access which is going to affect everyone who wants to visit this monument and recreate in it," said Eiguren.

He brought his son to the town hall meeting where around 300 others also came to voice their concerns.

Congressman Greg Walden, of Hood River, answered questions and promised to fight against he proposal.

"Where we have good partnerships already, plenty of management already, plenty of regulation already, we don't need another layer," said Walden.

"This monument would be size of Rhode Island and Maryland combined," said Walden. "It would be twice the size of Grand Canyon National Park.

Walden says if a national monument is declared boundaries will eventually be impacted with the possibility of road closures and reduced grazing rights. He says there would be a lack of land management as well.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/eastern-oregon-residents-say-land-is-in-jeopardy/118646928

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They can declare it a monument.

Then buy adjoining lands because its necessary for the monument.

And eventually, y'all will be in a city eating soylent green.

Enjoy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Interesting that it's just CONVENIENTLY in the same place that Bundy Bunch made themselves useful idiots for the Feds. That same bunch that only advanced the .gov agenda, remember. Yeah, I'm sure that's just coincidental...

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Here's another 2 million acres in Utah waiting for his pen...

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-e...rs-national-monument-20160120-story.html

Out west, there's a group proposing alternative ways of managing federal lands. It isn't the one occupying that wildlife refuge in Oregon; it's a coalition of Native American tribes that has proposed a new type of national monument in southern Utah.

Navajo, Hopi, Ute and Zuni tribal members — the original occupants of this region — are seeking, in their words, “to work constructively and respectfully with the Federal agencies” to protect nearly 2 million acres of their ancestral lands.

The next move is Obama's. To be sure, he should request and consider responses and suggestions from all sides on the tribes' national monument proposal. He can shape or modify it on many points relating to boundaries, preparation of management plans, dispute resolution and the roles the Forest Service, the National Park Service and the Bureau of Land Management will play.

Obama wants to turn it all over to the U.N.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/obama-to-give-un-control-of-our-water/

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'm all for it. I wasn't for it sometime ago, but all the folks out west showed me the light and that's it good for the FEDS to own everything.

Last edited by Steelhead; 04/13/16.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'm all for it. I wasn't for it sometime ago, but all the folks out west showed my light and that's it good for the FEDS to own everything.

Yeah, they are enlightening, aren't they?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm all for it. I wasn't for it sometime ago, but all the folks out west showed my light and that's it good for the FEDS to own everything.

What is not to like? Every taxpayer aids the locals to have a place to hunt and fish. They will tell you that you are welcome to use it too, but they will charge the hell out of you for license, and welcome your dollars in the local economy. I sure wish that I could get everybody on board to help with my deer hunting acreage, and then stay the hell away after sending dollars. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Welfare up north - HUD housing and Obama phones

Welfare down south - Moonpies and WIC

Welfare out west - Federal Land and Reservations

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
How does a Small "Pocket" of Environmental concern end up equating to an extremely glutinous 2.5 Million Acres?

This alone is very telling and It is very apparent it is not about the Environment at all.

I predicted this exact issue to come up soon while talking with a respected member here a few months ago.

These actions are becoming far to predictable and very blatantly obvious in Agenda.

When I no longer have the right to protect my own person or property...my person and property have become public property in common.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'm all for it. I wasn't for it sometime ago, but all the folks out west showed me the light and that's it good for the FEDS to own everything.

They have totally disregarded what we want or think about these takeovers.

When I no longer have the right to protect my own person or property...my person and property have become public property in common.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bugout4x4

He is talking about the many, many guys that support federal ownership and management of public land, and don't want local control, so they can hunt for free.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

He is talking about the many, many guys that support federal ownership and management of public land, and don't want local control, so they can hunt for free.

I figured he was being Sarcastic. smile

There is a backfire problem with that line of thought though. The Feds get it and then slowly end up shutting down the Hunting and Public Access altogether. Been watching it happen out here for years now.

One guy in a Jeep loaded down with those Brown Flapper Signs constantly moving them closer to the Main Roads totally disregarding the true Legal Boundary Lines.

It's outright Encroachment by theft and as Hunters they will be sorry they supported it at all.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

There is a backfire problem with that line of thought though. The Feds get it and then slowly end up shutting down the Hunting and Public Access altogether. Been watching it happen out here for years now.

One guy in a Jeep loaded down with those Brown Flapper Signs constantly moving them closer to the Main Roads totally disregarding the true Legal Boundary Lines.

It's outright Encroachment by theft and as Hunters they will be sorry they supported it at all.

number of years ago, a friend of mine had a deer tag, and wanted to go to this little spot where we both knew deeer hung out. But, he wanted to keep others out, so he put some of the little flapper signs up at the entrance to the valley . Nice quiet sucessful hunt. Some years later he was talking to a forest service guy about the area, and the f.s. guy was saying how they would like to catch the guy who moved those signs.
I was up by wickiup some years ago, and followed a road into a wilderness area. Little sign seemingly about ever ten yards, stay on the road. It led to a corral with horses in it out in the middle of nowhere. with fresh hay in the corral. govt was paying somebody to haul hay in there for feed. So the feds would have horses to ride in their now private range.
i was also up in the forest by williams in the snow a few years ago, watching forest service employees joyriding on the roads now prohibited to me. It's good to be one of the serf's on the king's land.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 04/13/16.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by RoninPhx

number of years ago, a friend of mine had a deer tag, and wanted to go to this little spot where we both knew deeer hung out. But, he wanted to keep others out, so he put some of the little flapper signs up at the entrance to the valley . Nice quiet sucessful hunt. Some years later he was talking to a forest service guy about the area, and the f.s. guy was saying how they would like to catch the guy who moved those signs.
I was up by wickiup some years ago, and followed a road into a wilderness area. Little sign seemingly about ever ten yards, stay on the road. It led to a corral with horses in it out in the middle of nowhere. with fresh hay in the corral. govt was paying somebody to haul hay in there for feed. So the feds would have horses to ride in their now private range.
i was also up in the forest by williams in the snow a few years ago, watching forest service employees joyriding on the roads now prohibited to me. It's good to be one of the serf's on the king's land.

Yep...The King's Foresters and the King's Deer Keepers. You know why I call them Flapper Signs right? They sound a lot like the Playing Card flappers I used to put in my Bicycle Spokes when I was a kid as you drive over them smile

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Lots of whining here and a lot of BS stories.

If you're a local and not having your voice heard on public lands...then go look in the mirror as to the reason why.

I attend dozens of public meetings a year, and I can assure you that my voice is heard on BLM and Federal Land policy. Everything from RMP's, FP's, LUP's, FTP's, the list goes on and on. Funny thing is, I don't see many other people at those meetings...and I read the public comments received on dozens of issues (its public record BTW). Usually doesn't take long to read the comments received...as there aren't many to read.

If even 10% of those whining they have "no local control" would take the time to comment, they would find success in impacting land management decisions.

I have also commented on dozens of proposals...don't always get my way, but have on many issues. But, that's exactly what I would expect as the world doesn't revolve around me because I live in the West. There are 320 million public land owners out there, its absolutely unrealistic to believe that just because of zip code...I should always get my way on every federal land management decision.

IME, local voices carry much more weight, but you have to participate to be heard.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 4ager
Interesting that it's just CONVENIENTLY in the same place that Bundy Bunch made themselves useful idiots for the Feds. That same bunch that only advanced the .gov agenda, remember. Yeah, I'm sure that's just coincidental...

It's not the same place, according to reports I've seen. It's south of there. Owyhee river canyons and tributaries, essentially - with a lot of rangeland thrown in.

IIRC, this is how the play began with the upper Owyhee wilderness in Idaho. First the threat by protectionists to have the democrat regime declare a vast monument, then the representatives from the state negotiating a (comparatively) more reasonable wilderness designation by legislation. I honestly don't know if they're better off taking that route or resisting. But the preservationist's case has a lot of ammunition to work with in that area, so......

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What they ought to do is charter a couple of planes and protest in DC. They can rough it, bring camping gear, use the johns in the Capitol.
Direct citizen contact still works, even if it's only because the mucketies are SHOCKED when the rabble darken their doors.
The Antiquities Act needs to be repealed or limited to 500 acres. Right now it's a nuclear political bomb that short circuits Congress completely, all it is for is "legacy" building and gifting the Green groups for their votes.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
What they ought to do is charter a couple of planes and protest in DC. They can rough it, bring camping gear, use the johns in the Capitol.
Direct citizen contact still works, even if it's only because the mucketies are SHOCKED when the rabble darken their doors.
The Antiquities Act needs to be repealed or limited to 500 acres. Right now it's a nuclear political bomb that short circuits Congress completely, all it is for is "legacy" building and gifting the Green groups for their votes.

You would probably be charged with "Interfering with the Duties of a Federal Official" and from I see lately...they Shoot people for this.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Lots of whining here and a lot of BS stories.

If you're a local and not having your voice heard on public lands...then go look in the mirror as to the reason why.

I attend dozens of public meetings a year, and I can assure you that my voice is heard on BLM and Federal Land policy. Everything from RMP's, FP's, LUP's, FTP's, the list goes on and on. Funny thing is, I don't see many other people at those meetings...and I read the public comments received on dozens of issues (its public record BTW). Usually doesn't take long to read the comments received...as there aren't many to read.

If even 10% of those whining they have "no local control" would take the time to comment, they would find success in impacting land management decisions.

I have also commented on dozens of proposals...don't always get my way, but have on many issues. But, that's exactly what I would expect as the world doesn't revolve around me because I live in the West. There are 320 million public land owners out there, its absolutely unrealistic to believe that just because of zip code...I should always get my way on every federal land management decision.

IME, local voices carry much more weight, but you have to participate to be heard.

No Meetings...No warning to the Local Private Property Owners...Obama just bypassed Congress and did this by EO.

https://www.desertusa.com/desert-california/mojave-trails-national-monument.html

And no...Someone in New York does not have a right to help make Local decisions in other States and Counties by implementing "one size fits all" Federal Control. State and County Properties are Legally deemed by the Constitution as PRIVATE PROPERTY.

Just go and try to tell a Federal Official that you are one of the Owners in these "Public Lands" and see what happens. He will laugh at you as a fool, Make Personal Claim and outright tell you that it actually belongs to him.

By true definition...when the Government owns everything...We have become a Communist Country.

Communism:

1 a : a theory advocating elimination of private property b : a system in which goods are owned in common and are available to all as needed

Do you support Communism? This statement sounds like you might... "There are 320 million public land owners out there, its absolutely unrealistic to believe that just because of zip code...I should always get my way on every federal land management decision."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
STFU and enjoy utopia.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (1badf350, 160user, 1_deuce, 117LBS, 1lessdog, 1234, 53 invisible), 14,298 guests, and 1,155 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,293
Posts18,545,243
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.