-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 39 of 102 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 101 102
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Imogene Lake in the Sawtooths. That pic was taken July 4th weekend! Still frozen over.

It's only accessible by backpacking in. Was a favorite of my buddies and I.

[Linked Image]

Part of the trail leading to Imogene. The bottom photo is Hells Roaring Lake which we pass on the way to Imogene.

[Linked Image]

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Couple of shots of the Perrine Bridge over the Snake. (This isn't the original bridge)

I.B. Perrine was the 'mastermind' behind turning the high desert into the 'Magic Valley' through irrigation.

This is also one of, if not the most, jumped BASE structures. It is legal and there are always jumpers every weekend in the nice weather (and usually a couple fatalities a year).

[Linked Image]

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Site of a plane crash near Loon Lake in central Idaho. Me and the buddies hiked to it one summer. You can probably zoom in to read the plaques...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
MojoHand;
Good evening to you sir, thanks for the photos of the fireweed looking plants and the falls too.

In the spirit of falls, I'll repost a few BC falls shots and ask for forgiveness for the repost.

Blanket Falls, Columbia River area,BC

[Linked Image]

Wells Grey Park, BC
[Linked Image]

Helmken Falls, Wells Grey Park, BC
[Linked Image]

Forget which these are - Vancouver Island for sure though.
[Linked Image]

Same falls further up I believe
[Linked Image]

I do believe that's all I can post in one run, so I'll check in after I see if I can get our daughter's CRV fired up from being stored since last fall.

All the best to you for the remainder of the week sir.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Some cool 'hoodoo spires' waaay back In the middle of nowhere north central Idaho. Was on a solo backpacking trip. Saw a ton of moose including one calf and her mother that scared the crap out of me in the bushes!

The old cemetery at Rooselvelt lake was cool. None of my photos turned out very well...should've just used the auto settings on the ol' Nikon!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Same trip.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ok, time to head indoors for a bit. Evergreen Air & Space Museum in McMinnville, OR. Stopped in on a motorcycle trip with my bud (we were headed for the Oregon/Cali coast). I am a plane geek so I conned him into stopping. They had just opened the new wing.

[Linked Image]

Pics don't do justice to the size of that Goose!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The incomparable Merlin with a Spitfire...of course!

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wish I had a vid of the model 'Corn Cob' in action. Truly an impressive engine!

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Couple for the deck swabbers! grin

[Linked Image]

Last edited by MojoHand; 04/13/16.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Former enemies...

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For the fast movers...

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ok, back outdoors...

A few shots of the trip to the coast. These were taken along the North Cascade hwy. Not too far from Dwayne's (BC30Cal) AO. Absolutey gorgeous route. And ya don't even need a touring bike! laugh (500+ miles a day on a sport bike...when I was younger!)

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We went up to Lolo Pass on the MT/ID border, took Hwy 12 across ID (killer bike route!) and then all back roads up north to the Cascade Hwy, across WA. Hit Seattle, took a ferry, came down the coast of Oregon all the way to Redding before we cut back through CA/OR to get home (that was a mistake...SE Oregon is hideous!) crazy

Anyway, great trip even if we missed the Redwoods...

That's all for now. I'll turn it back over to you guys..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BC30cal
MojoHand;
Good evening to you sir, thanks for the photos of the fireweed looking plants and the falls too.

In the spirit of falls, I'll repost a few BC falls shots and ask for forgiveness for the repost.

Blanket Falls, Columbia River area,BC

[Linked Image]

Wells Grey Park, BC
[Linked Image]

Helmken Falls, Wells Grey Park, BC
[Linked Image]

Forget which these are - Vancouver Island for sure though.
[Linked Image]

Same falls further up I believe
[Linked Image]

I do believe that's all I can post in one run, so I'll check in after I see if I can get our daughter's CRV fired up from being stored since last fall.

All the best to you for the remainder of the week sir.

Dwayne

Thanks for the water pics, Dwayne! Waterfalls are never bad (reposted or not).

As a kayaker I love the whitewater pics. Hope to get some more this summer with maybe some vids thrown in

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
MojoHand;
Grand shots there for sure sir and thanks again for sharing them.

We debated stopping at the McMinnville museum on the way by and didn't - so it's on our list for next time for sure now. cool

A pika for you then for your efforts sir!
[Linked Image]

Harlequin duck drake, same trip one valley west of us.
[Linked Image]

Bull taking a bath?
[Linked Image]

Mamma moose and calf just above our place - before the wolves moved in with a vengeance.
[Linked Image]

Same hill up behind our place.
[Linked Image]

Same, same - bear this time.
[Linked Image]

As Mojo has done, I now pass the torch on to another. All the best to you all this fine spring evening.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 04/13/16. Reason: misnamed duck - oops

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
[Linked Image]

take down fence

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
[Linked Image]

clear right of way

Page 39 of 102 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 101 102

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (219 Wasp, 257_X_50, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 25classic, 1beaver_shooter, 72 invisible), 2,342 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,408
Posts18,506,990
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.