-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm gonna hafta check on this goat thread more often, ya'll are funny!

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Valsdad
I'm gonna hafta check on this goat thread more often, ya'll are funny!

Geno

I usually come check the Rural section for new posts first thing. A priority "Close to Home" topic for me.

I'll bet there are a whole lot of funny stories about livestock out there just waiting to be told. I have always enjoyed these! lol

When I no longer have the right to protect my own person or property...my person and property have become public property in common.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Another one... smile

We adopted Gus as a Kid for two reasons, to eat Weeds in the yard and to end up as Tacos when he was ripe. But as Gus grew he became a member of the Family. He actually turned out to be pretty smart in a lot of ways.

He would mind like a dog most of the time and even ended up having access in the house when he wanted to come in and coax the Girls out to play with him. He was well House Trained and never did mess inside.

He would mind very well when asked to go outside and respected indoors as a place to come only when invited. He respected and compromised with the Dogs and Emus and they all got along together very well.

As he got older he minded so well that we even gave him unrestricted "open gate" access to the public side of our Business and Shop. he ended up being the highlight of the trip for many of our Customers. Kind of like a Petting Zoo/Tire Shop type situation. smile

But as Gus came into puberty he started getting rambunctious and committing disrespectful acts of Rebellion and insubordination. Unfortunately, even though I was displeased with his displays my Customers got an absolute kick out of them and couldn't get enough of it.

He started mounting the Back of parked Motorcycles with the owners saying "Make him do it again so I can get a picture". He started trying to mount me from behind when I was bending over to work on Tires..."Make him do it again!" (NO!). Then he started bounding across the top of my Customers Cars from front to rear scratching the hell out of them..."Make him do it again!" was the reaction each time.

Well one day Sam, my 120lb German Police, did not think being mounted was quite as funny as my Customers did and put an end to all that fun. Goes to show you that sometimes an animal can have more common sense than a human. smile

When I no longer have the right to protect my own person or property...my person and property have become public property in common.
A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Here's another unusual goat love story... I had a sickly young buckling that wasn't quite sick enough to shoot but was getting the snot beat out of him by the other adult males. As a last ditch effort to save him I put him in the pen with my young hog, who had just lost his brother and was looking kinda lost. I noticed after a couple weeks the goat was putting on a little weight and in the morning the two would come out of their house together.

Fast forward several months down the road, the goat is looking good and the hog is happy. I'm working in the garden and notice that the goat is trying to mount the hog! The hog is squealing for all he is worth. I realized it is time to release him to the herd. If he was well enough to defile the hog he could hold his own with the group.

Currently, the goat is thriving. What else could I expect from a goat named Valentino!

There is a great a follow-up story here with the hog but I will save it for a hog thread!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
He just needed a Boyfriend???

Thank you for sharing this!...Animals do the funniest things sometimes. smile

We raised Emus for awhile and these critters were hilarious!

Time for a fun story thread!

IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 19rabbit52, 17Hunter, 64 invisible), 2,554 guests, and 945 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,437
Posts18,507,706
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.