Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Is there any doubt that this is the worst pos version EVER done by MS???

Looking at the zillions of negative comments from people who are desperate to ditch this pos OS and revert back to W-7 is interesting.. I mean, people HATE IT..

Replaced an aging PC a few months ago with a cheapie HP unit just for wife's Quicken stuff and occasional purchase online. Of course, it came with W-10. After 15-20 mns with that pos program last night, trying to book a flight on Orbitz, I finally gave up and went to this PC in the shop with W-7 on it and got the tix within about 2 minutes..

I'm going to try the W-7 install disc from this unit onto the new PC and see if I can be RID of that pos W-10 FOREVAH!!

I suppose I'm the only one here who despises W-10, but it appears I'm not alone nationwide.. smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Guess I'll just keep ignoring those pesky Win-10 FREE upgrades that I keep getting.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Lee,

I have it on my laptop and it was working fine for a month or so and now the start button won't work and Cortana disappeared. Last night I tried to reload W10 from a CD and it still would not allow me to do it. I agree...it sucks.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
People also complained when flintlocks were replaced with percussion firearms.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
GET A MAC!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B2

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Windows 10 rolled out some big updates last week on April 12th. Go to settings and see if your computer is trying upload the updates, it might be slowing down your computer and internet connection. I live out in the sticks and have a slow internet connection, last weeks updates crashed my modem several times last week before I figured out what was going on. I haven't had any issues since the updates were completed.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
KMS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by model70man
Lee,

I have it on my laptop and it was working fine for a month or so and now the start button won't work and Cortana disappeared. Last night I tried to reload W10 from a CD and it still would not allow me to do it. I agree...it sucks.

I had that happen as well. I called Dell and a tech had things back to normal in about 30 minutes. Hasn't given me any problems again.

Kelly
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I downloaded Windows 10 abut 5 months ago, and it works. I do get annoyed when I download upgrades for security and productivity improvements, some of my start up applications just disappear. It takes me several hours to find and restore them to their proper position.

Other than that, Win 10 a good program. as the lousiest system, who recalls Windows ME? Now, that was a piece of crap!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
AH Hell, the only thing that would get you to stop complaining would be a return to MS DOS 5.0 and Windows 3.11!

Hey wait a minute, I could dig it too. smile smile smile

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk

Who? Who would have complained about that.?

IC B3

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
GET A MAC!!

He has been told that here for years, lol.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Went with an iPad 3 1/2 years ago and have happily left all the Windows associated issues behind....

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by muffin
Guess I'll just keep ignoring those pesky Win-10 FREE upgrades that I keep getting.
Might as well just do it because at some point they'll take away the option; you'll just fire up your computer one day and it will be windows 10. And then all YOUR data belongs to Windows too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was so pissed when I found that the software I need to run my business was only available for Windows...it hurt like hell to buy a Windows computer, and Windows 10 B L O W S ! !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just bought a new laptop and got one with Windows 7 pro. There are still a few out there and and at pretty good prices. If you run industrial types of software, you need a windows 7 machine. A good thing as I hate windows 8 and figured 10 would be more of the same.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Redneck

Looking at the zillions of negative comments from people who are desperate to ditch this pos OS and revert back to W-7 is interesting.. I mean, people HATE IT..

Replaced an aging PC a few months ago with a cheapie HP unit just for wife's Quicken stuff and occasional purchase online. Of course, it came with W-10. After 15-20 mns with that pos program last night, trying to book a flight on Orbitz, I finally gave up and went to this PC in the shop with W-7 on it and got the tix within about 2 minutes..

I'm going to try the W-7 install disc from this unit onto the new PC and see if I can be RID of that pos W-10 FOREVAH!!

I suppose I'm the only one here who despises W-10, but it appears I'm not alone nationwide.. smile

Unless you have a full retail version of 7 that will not work. The company puts the license number on the hard drive of the unit in the boot sector. Keeps you from installing on seperate PC.
I have win 10, and dont really mind it although I do still have a 100 % back up of 7 on hand.

Swifty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Talk about slow. All lanes just clogged up. Just had to take a detour through Cincinatti, because all you Geezers driving Speed Limit minus 20 mph, two hands on the stearing wheel, bitching.

Innanet s same way. Just get of the Innanet - now. That ll teach em.

Pen & Paper - Nobody can hack into that [bleep].

For me Windows 10 works great. I did tune the settings to my liking and voila.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I know very little about computers beyond the most basic of things. I was really happy with my Windows XP. When I got a new computer, it came with 8.1 Yikes! It was a total nightmare. Never could navigate my way around. After reluctantly upgrading to 10, I've been thrilled! I can get almost anywhere I want, and have only had a couple very minor glitches.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Redneck

It absolutely is NOT the worst. Anyone who thinks that is either sniffing glue or else never had to work with either Windows 8 or Vista, both of which suck even worse.

A downgrade from Windows 7, maybe even from XP, sure, but worse then 8 or Vista .. not on your life.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk

Who? Who would have complained about that.?

The ones, just like today, that are so set in their ways that they are discomfited by change..........

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (1936M71, 160user, 1234, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 007FJ, 61 invisible), 2,397 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,532
Posts18,491,227
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.