Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 24 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 23 24
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
That's why I never understood islam, those rabid idiots commit horrible acts on something they believe is going to happen, not for example, something they know for fact, and can see with their very own eyes, like for example, I know, and can see without a shadow of any doubt I'm typing a reply to your post.

Trump Won!
GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by gunner500
I slept 9 hrs like a rock last night Rost, wonder what kind on inner peace I posses?

If I could do that, I'd have some peace I know! LOL.

The only place I can sleep most of the night is in Alaska for some reason. When we get there, and crawl in the sleeping bags, its just natural to be able to sleep a full night every night we are there....

May be cause you have a 44 mag bear pistol in each jammy pocket?

That's make me sleep real easy................grin

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you've never been in delirium tremens, you ain't been nowhere and you ain't seen nothing........ including Hell.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Are those caused by mans weakness to unnecessary, self inflicted binges of drug or alcohol?

Trump Won!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I slept 9 hrs like a rock last night Rost, wonder what kind on inner peace I posses?

The only place I can sleep most of the night is in Alaska for some reason. When we get there, and crawl in the sleeping bags, its just natural to be able to sleep a full night every night we are there....

May be cause you have a 44 mag bear pistol in each jammy pocket?

That's make me sleep real easy................grin

Carolyn in charge of the 10mm. I just put my 338-06 in the tent with us anyway... LOL.

Got a lot more here at home, so I'd think we'd sleep better here. LOL

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by curdog4570
If you've never been in delirium tremens, you ain't been nowhere and you ain't seen nothing........ including Hell.

Thankfully no,I suspect that ride is not fun at all.

I've not been addicted to anything ever, so far. Just watching my friends and boss deal with tobacco is tough enough. Boss was trying to quit some time ago, I finally offered to by his snuff for a full year if he'd just start again.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
There is a 50/50 chance there is or is not a God. I prefer the safe bet.

If you think it's a bet, you are really missing the point.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I try to live in a BS free environment, as far as religion, I don't wake at night with the sweat infused guilt ridden feeling to send my preacher 5K cause God told him to buy a jet airplane. grin

Helps to get really nice deep sleeping. laugh

Trump Won!
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Lots of folks have good reason to not acknowledge or to be dismissive on the subject of hell. But, it's real, whether you like it or not.

That all depends on how you define it.

The classic Zoroastrian Hell as adopted by the Christians, or some wider definition such as the humans create for themselves on this earth, or even withing the confines of their own mind?

Hell is eternity without God. Heaven is Eternity with God.

By those definitions, you are all ready in Hell.

Very wrong.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

No I don[t think it's a bet

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I can't wait to tell my father (a decorated Vietnam Veteran) that he's never been anywhere or seen anything until he becomes a junkie.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by deflave
I can't wait to tell my father (a decorated Vietnam Veteran) that he's never been anywhere or seen anything until he becomes a junkie.

Travis

I'm guessing he would know what hell looks like...

Either that or Disney World on a hot june day when all the kids are out of school....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by milespatton

That is a Jehovah Witness explanation. Now I know a lot here are down on them, but I enjoy talking to them. They have a lot of beliefs that are different than mine, but a lot are the same. I was talking to a neighbor the other day, a Baptist, about some things in the bible, and some things that I have heard on TV, about some things that were left out of the Bible when it was put together. He stated that He had to accept that God had the people that put the bible together, put the right stuff in there. I pointed out that man, being man, might have not been that pure and that if all believed the same, there would only be one religion. I don't think any minds were changed, but we had a good civil talk. miles

I have no idea what the Jo Hos believe about heaven and hell. They broke off from Christianity, formed their own religion, and changed many, but not all of the theology.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

I have no doubt that each of us will have to face God in our lifetime.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by milespatton

That is a Jehovah Witness explanation. Now I know a lot here are down on them, but I enjoy talking to them. They have a lot of beliefs that are different than mine, but a lot are the same. I was talking to a neighbor the other day, a Baptist, about some things in the bible, and some things that I have heard on TV, about some things that were left out of the Bible when it was put together. He stated that He had to accept that God had the people that put the bible together, put the right stuff in there. I pointed out that man, being man, might have not been that pure and that if all believed the same, there would only be one religion. I don't think any minds were changed, but we had a good civil talk. miles

I have no idea what the Jo Hos believe about heaven and hell. They broke off from Christianity, formed their own religion, and changed much, but not all of the theology.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Even if your 50/50 proposition was correct (which I don't think it is), Then you also have to get the right god.....So now your odds are way below 50%

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by MojoHand
Investigations into the OP account...

http://www.skeptic.com/insight/proof-of-heaven/

See my sig lines! laugh

Here's the key paragraph:

Dittrich’s research paints an incredibly damning picture. As Coyne sums up, “the story looks like a sham, confected by a once-brilliant but now failed neurosurgeon who reclaims his time in the spotlight by pretending that he saw heaven. ”

Supporting evidence is in the above link.

And the conclusion:

So, if we add all this up, we have a neurosurgeon who makes fundamental mistakes about how the brain works, because he is not a neuroscientist or neurophysiologist—and that is a BIG difference. On top of this, he has a history of falsifying records and was in trouble with numerous malpractice suits, so his medical career was effectively over. And when Dittrich checked with other people, many important details in the book turned out clearly false.

This does not seem to trouble Alexander or any of his followers who want to believe him. They, like so many others, are willing to be duped out of their money for the book and make him rich, all while he tells them fairy stories to confirm their beliefs and make them feel good. It wouldn’t be the first time some religious figure separated people from their money—but perhaps the first time it was done by a neurosurgeon in a white lab coat.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 04/24/16.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by ingwe
My big fear of hell is that I'll have to spend eternity there with a BUNCH of Christians and Catholics...

You likely are not incorrect.

Back to dreaming..... amazingly last night I dreamed and I remebered both. Both were not color. Both were people and places I knew. Neither incident happened to me as of now, and neither will.

But still have not dreamed of unknown stuff.

But at least the dream meant I slept well, and I did for the first time in a LONG time, I managed almost 5 hours at one shot.

Good for you Rost. I didn't manage a 5 hour shot last night.

I'm with you on sleeping in the fresh mountain air.....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The wheel is turning and you can't slow it down;
Can't let go, and you can't hold on;
Can't get off, and you can't stand still:
If the thunder don't get you, then the lightning will!

-------

I don't personify God. God is the great swirling "what is". I came from there, and I'll go back to there. I didn't possess and individual identity before, and i won't after. I, as an individual, will not exist for eternity in Heaven. How selfish would that be! I will, however, rejoin the big dance. And that is an HONOR. Spin me around, whirl me up, let the "next guy" use this matter, this energy, that is currently "me". I had my run.

Another lyric:

The things that I am made of may jump when I say go;
But I know I'm made of sunshine, stone and water.
And even though I know some day, gonna lie down, gonna fade away
I will rise up, fresh and clean, in some completely different way!

I believe much evil springs from the notion of an immortal soul.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Would that be in June or July? grin wink --- Mel

The only thing I'm an expert at is my own opinion, and I have plenty of those!
Page 16 of 24 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

671 members (007FJ, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 73 invisible), 2,959 guests, and 1,392 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,479
Posts18,471,757
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.