Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by benchman
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by benchman
I play by the rules. Makes life harder, but it's the real deal.

But you could change that depending on the stakes, right?
Why would you say that? No.

Because a bunch of you are dealing in absolutes without knowing the stakes.

So you wouldn't shoot a deer at night with a spotlight in July if it was the only way to feed your family?

I sure as hell would and do it with a smile.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I would not, but that earley prick would only threaten me once!

Trump Won!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by rost495
I won't change due to the stakes.

Not a bit. I actually passed a bit iffy shot on a big muley once just because I was not sure.

Almost everyone I have known would have emptied out just in case they could hit him.

Doesn't much matter what the stakes are. Even lots of money.

At least I hope there is nothing that would change my stance.

Sure it does, you'd do it to feed your family, at least I would hope you would.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Not a bit. I actually passed a bit iffy shot on a big muley once just because I was not sure.

Almost everyone I have known would have emptied out just in case they could hit him.

under those circumstances i would.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Sorry, but the Erickson guy sounds like a real pussy. I'll be damned if I'd let a guy intimidate me into removing my trail cameras and then leaving the property I'd been given permission to hunt....and stated that he was initially afraid to leave his vehicle? Shouting obscenities at me? Telling me to get my [bleep] and get out of there? And he's the one with permission to be there?

I've had stuff like that tried on me before and it turned out very bad for the other people involved. The times it's happened to me it was settled right then and there, with no intervention from law enforcement, attorneys, etc.

Damn guy...grow a pair. I quit reading after the first page.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
To feed my family? Yes. To kill a big deer, no.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

At least Kirt Darner did it right...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You can't eat records.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's just a damn deer.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
No justification for an illegal kill excuse to feed your family in this day and time. Welfare is available to everyone including illegals. Your hungry and welfare is unobtainable every community has food pantries to assist those in need.

Survival situation in the wild would justify those actions but a rare thing this day and time. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Yes but some people were raised to have a sense of pride.

I've not poached a deer to feed my family but I'm certain my mother wouldn't be here if it weren't for deer season being shall we say "extended" by her Dad and older brother.

And besides all that Steelhead states that it would be done to feed your family, not if you had to choose between poaching a deer and getting food stamps.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag
If he had a trespass order against him he took the deer illegally. When all is said and done I would imagine he will lose the record as well.

I could have missed it, but I didn't read where he was trespassing, where he killed the deer. What I understand is, Early did trespass, but had a court order not to get on the land, anymore. It sounds as if he did have hunting rights on some adjoining land, and wanted to keep Erickson from hunting anywhere in the area.

Not saying Early was right, I believe his behavior and selfishness is terrible and certainly speaks volumes for the type of person he is. Wouldn't turn my back on him for all the money in the world. True definition of a scumbag.

But, did he kill the deer illegally?

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

I gotta give it to you, you think way outside the box and are very correct about absolutes. I doubt I'd have to shoot a deer with a spotlight in July to feed the family, fairly sure I could do it during light hours. But I get the point and you are right. We are lucky to have land here and likely due to that we'd never have to harvest illegally since we'd have many other means to feed the family, but you are correct, for some things I"d break a law or 3 if need be.

And I hope I'd never have to be at that point to break it, as noted but that's life you are correct.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by oldtimer303
No justification for an illegal kill excuse to feed your family in this day and time. Welfare is available to everyone including illegals. Your hungry and welfare is unobtainable every community has food pantries to assist those in need.

Survival situation in the wild would justify those actions but a rare thing this day and time. GW

I'd poach deer out the game wardens yard before I'd go on welfare.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
BKinSD Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I did question Erickson's behavior and response too. Seems like a firm GFY was in order as a response and perhaps that was the response, we simply don't know from this record.

I have to admit chuckling at Earley and his lawyer bringing this very public appeal and providing grist for the mill in such a manner. It seems like they might have decided to let well enough alone. Ooops.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by oldtimer303

I'd poach deer out the game wardens yard before I'd go on welfare.

Food pantries are not welfare, normally are ran through church organizations that are funded by contributions by Christians and non Christians both. Friends helping friends in need. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
B
BKinSD Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Oldman, we don't know where he killed the deer or under what circumstances but we'll probably find out.

As you point out he trespassed on the Grommersch's land to put out his (illegal) mineral blocks, and to put out his hay bales (not sure why he did that) antler traps (I confess I don't know what an antler trap is) and other items. He also interfered with Ericsson who it seems to me was hunting, again a crime in this state. I would say his actions to Ericsson were assaults and, laughing as I type this, "exhibition driving" as he drove away...ha.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
If you spend much time in the woods/deerstand its not healthful to alienate other hunters. Always wonder about those hunting accidents from stray bullets.

Best to have someone drop you off in this area if you are trespassing/poaching as unattended vehicles seem to catch on fire.

Risky business trespassing/poaching as well hidden trail cameras identify the problem as well as game. GW

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Lead and a backhoe.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Originally Posted by 12344mag
If he had a trespass order against him he took the deer illegally. When all is said and done I would imagine he will lose the record as well.

I could have missed it, but I didn't read where he was trespassing, where he killed the deer. What I understand is, Early did trespass, but had a court order not to get on the land, anymore. It sounds as if he did have hunting rights on some adjoining land, and wanted to keep Erickson from hunting anywhere in the area.

Not saying Early was right, I believe his behavior and selfishness is terrible and certainly speaks volumes for the type of person he is. Wouldn't turn my back on him for all the money in the world. True definition of a scumbag.

But, did he kill the deer illegally?

^^^THIS^^^

In Early's defense, we don't know from the article where he actually killed the deer. However, if he was caught dragging the deer out off of this land, the deer, his gun and his truck should've been confiscated and he should've been lock up in jail.

Early's a scumbag.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

293 members (222ND, 160user, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 25 invisible), 1,811 guests, and 1,081 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,828
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.