Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
B
The message light is signaling. But, who is it? I open up to receive the message on the machine, and there ain't nuthin' there? What could that mean? A virus, bacteria, glitch in the machine?

I would turn it off if only I knew how. To turn off a signal beacon running loose..how does one do that, exactly?

Thank goodness we're not receiving all the gov't we are paying for....quote attributed to Will Rogers.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
grin

[Linked Image]

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
When you get your secret decoder ring, it will all be right there in front of you.

Flashing....................

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
ask gus

My diploma is a DD214
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I just sent you a message.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
We all have been because you are so fugging awesome.

GFY

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You just have to click it at the right time. Works best if you hit it right before it flashes off. That's been my experience anyways. Good luck!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Lol, you guys are terrible...It is a malfunction in how the coding is written. I have tried several times to track it down in the source code here and I am actually really good at this and still cannot find it.

Ubber support is not much help either. I have spent hours trying to find the coding error over there too. Apparently they don't care that it is flashing all the time.

Someone who is better than me at coding really needs to take a look at the files I do not have access to and find the mistake in coding.

Bet you it is a simple as "click/mark as read/true

And

Alert/New message/true

or similar somewhere in there. smile

When I no longer have the right to protect my own person or property...my person and property have become public property in common.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bugout4x4
Lol, you guys are terrible...It is a malfunction in how the coding is written. I have tried several times to track it down in the source code here and I am actually really good at this and still cannot find it.

Ubber support is not much help either. I have spent hours trying to find the coding error over there too. Apparently they don't care that it is flashing all the time.

Someone who is better than me at coding really needs to take a look at the files I do not have access to and find the mistake in coding.

And

Alert/New message/true

Don't listen to this guy, he doesn't know what he is talking about. You have a message and I bet it's UBER important.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There was a glitch that made the message icon appear continuously for a while. It went away on my computer but might still be on yours.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
IC B3

B
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by bellydeep
There was a glitch that made the message icon appear continuously for a while. It went away on my computer but might still be on yours.

I am thinking you and I are in the same category. When automation kicks in, there's no tellin' who might get cast by the wayside.

I like messages, but when I receive one, I want it to say something meaningful.

Who knows if we are being hacked from the get go. This site has always given me a challenge, so why not continue on.

Thank goodness we're not receiving all the gov't we are paying for....quote attributed to Will Rogers.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by bellydeep

I have cleared my cache several times and it keeps coming back. It is an inherent issue with Ubberthreads I have found. Apparently it is plaguing most ubber script users.

When I no longer have the right to protect my own person or property...my person and property have become public property in common.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You should feel lucky, mine never flashes, nobody likes me......Guess I'll go eat worms.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Chris_EOD
Originally Posted by Bugout4x4

And

Alert/New message/true

Don't listen to this guy, he doesn't know what he is talking about. You have a message and I bet it's UBER important.

Lol...I guess we are just stuck with checking it every 15 minutes or so to see if anyone is pissed enough at us to
PM us. If the conversation is that important I guess we will take the personal time to check?

B
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Guys, thanks for all the helpful input.

I have come to a simple solution.

-black piece of electric tape.

posted on top of the light.

it works well, thanks.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What helpful input? No one here suggested that.
Electrical tape is not an acceptable remedy here at the Fire. We use duct tape only.

GFY

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
B
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by poboy
I just sent you a message.

received, loud & clear, thank you.

G
gbp Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
it has to be blue tape
everything else will eventually fail

B
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
B
ok, i guess i was wrong on that one. i'm been used to using black electrical tape to cover a flashing "check engine" light. it's worked nearly forever. but i'm willing to change.

i guess on the 'net everything is different now.

a tiny black plastic piece of tape over the flashing "msg light" is oh so simple.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Warning beepers(false signal) are the worst.

Low coolant warning/beeper started going off on an 875 Versatile.

I knew the coolant wasn't low, got very tired of listening to it and pushed my thumb through the speaker. Problem solved.

Watch the dash for warning lights...

High clutch temp beeper constantly goes off on a JD 4450, has a kill engine pull knob so you can just turn off the key and keep on moving unless you want electrical.

I love Murphy gauges.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

498 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 160user, 2500HD, 65 invisible), 2,378 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,131
Posts18,502,639
Members73,989
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.