Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Daveh
Originally Posted by Steelhead

WTF is the deal with so many dipsheit gunsmiths?

For once I agree with SH. It's like a plague. Maybe it goes like this::
Do great work
Everyone tells you how great you are
Get full of yourself
Start assuming everyone else is a lowly check writer
Quit caring about lowly check writers
Lowly check writers get tired of being cra__ed on and start demanding service
Over promise and over spend
Have substance abuse issues
Go bankrupt
Disappear

Well said.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Gunsmiths are the flakiest people on the fricken planet. As a group.

LOL
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Glad to hear its everywhere else too. Had a local guy tell me years ago that he developed that single barrel trap gun based on the red label for Bill Ruger. He then couldn't figure out how to get the butt stock off my Citori.

Seems most have an inflated sense of self. Guess that's most Americans anymore though....

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I've never given a frick on how long something takes, going in. When someone tells me 3 months and it's 3 years, I got problems.

Don't tell me what I want to hear, tell me the truth. All it tells me is he is a lying POS and I don't deal with lying POS.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Had a slow build once,, turned out smith had a five way bypass and was still recovering when i called him. I told him to finish it whenever he was ready . I didn't care how long it took. Showed up some time later perfectly done with a very appreciative personal note. Health and personal issues can affect these folks just like the rest of us.

"We are building a dictatorship of relativism which recoqnizes nothing as definitive and whose ultimate goal consists solely of ones own self ego and desires."Cardinal Rathzinger
IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by foogle
Had a slow build once,, turned out smith had a five way bypass and was still recovering when i called him. I told him to finish it whenever he was ready . I didn't care how long it took. Showed up some time later perfectly done with a very appreciative personal note. Health and personal issues can affect these folks just like the rest of us.

Absolutely it can, but people should be told, that's my point.

BAD business not to.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I dealt with Robert about 4 years ago and had no issues at all. Spoke to him a couple of times on the phone too. I don't think he did gun work full time since he also had a day job. At any rate, sounds like another good shop gone to hell but I don't think he is a dishonest man. Guessing personal problems and no that's not an excuse.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by foogle

Absolutely it can, but people should be told, that's my point.

BAD business not to.

That's the crux of the matter.

Damn, I miss Mickey. Spent many a Saturday with him in his shop watching him build a donor that I brought with me, and then test fire it on the range in front of the shop.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by 300MAG
Read on snipershide not too long ago, another customer's build parts have been at his shop for over 2 years & they have not heard from him!!

I was going to suggest look for him there but I guess its the same!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I've experienced similar situations with two gunsmiths in the past. When they become unresponsive via phone, text or e-mail I send them a registered letter that requires their signature upon receipt. I explain what I want them to do and give a deadline for this action to take place. If the time period expires without any response, I make a report to the State Attorney General's Office in the state in which the gunsmith is located. If they have received enough complaints of a similar nature a class action suit may be filed. In my case the gunsmith had my gun and my money, keeping another's money when the agreed upon service to be provided for that money is called conversion in the law. In my case my gun was returned but not my money, the gun was still packed as I had sent it. I had been lied to for nearly two years, the gun just mysteriously showed up at my local FFL who had shipped it without any advance notice or explanation. I was happy to have the gun back, the money I just chalked up to a lesson learned. Interesting thing was this so called gunsmith had ads in all the outdoor magazines and had articles written about the service he provided. The second time it turned out that the gunsmith who also had a national reputation was more interested in going on african safaris rather than completing work for his customers. Same story here, out of the blue a package shows up in my maiilbox with the parts I had sent him for the build. No note, no nothing.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Yikes, scary stuff boys!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Try to get your stuff back amicably in these types of situations....

Last edited by 300MAG; 05/03/16.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Been saving this for a special occasion.
[Linked Image]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
S
S
I have had no contact from Robert in 6 months, after repeated attempts at emailing and calling. There seems to be a real problem going on with this guy, the same thing has been reported on several forums. My suggestion is a certified letter to demand your money and parts parts, followed by a day in court if he doesn't respond, I just took my own advice.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

83 members (7mm_Loco, 338Rules, 6MMWASP, AlanF, 11 invisible), 1,443 guests, and 842 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,083
Posts18,501,664
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.