Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
haha, well he knows we've been looking at houses for over a year now and also looked at this particular house when it came up for sale a few years ago (next to a landfill, about 10miles out of the way from my wife & I's normal driving routes to our jobs so never was worth a whole lot to us)

what I didn't know was that when we quit feeding calves for him that our rent would only go up $100/month which to be honest I don't know if he knows that or not.... communication between him & his wife aren't always the best. but when rent goes from $200 to $300/month instead of the $600 or $700 that I was expecting it makes this place a lot more tolerable for the time being

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ihookem
Hey thanks Orangeokie. It seems like noone want to give their portfolio out. I see the ETF's and like them. I am going to go to index and ETF's . I sold my madcap growth fund yesterday., It charges 1.35% expense ratio. This stock goes up and down so much it drives me crazy. It is not worth it so I will go with a Vanguard VOE ( value madcap .08% expense ratio or the Vanguard madcap VIMAX. I will look at your portfolio funds. Thanks,

Here is the link to the Seeking Alpha article. Very informative. SPHD is the core holding in our ROTH IRAs.

Dividend ETF Investing

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
At every company I would ask others, "Do you save money or live paycheck to paycheck?"

a) About half were paycheck to paycheck.
b) Most of the saving group could only save through 401k and house payments.
c) Some bachelors would tell them they have never spent any of the second paycheck of the month, but always saved it.
d) Some 60 year old guys would say they don't need to work any more, they just do it for fun, and invest all the after taxes income from the job.

What I realized from all this was that most married couples will soon get in a race to see who can spend it first.

a) In my clan, of my brothers, sister, and cousins... half are self made and half just have their house, 401k, and inheritance.
b) It does not matter if they are liberal or conservative, hard working or lazy, alcoholic or dry..... it is the saving and investing that makes the difference.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (1Longbow, 204guy, 219 Wasp, 1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 64 invisible), 2,387 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,303
Posts18,487,114
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.