Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
By Nick Gass 5/4/16
To hear Rush Limbaugh tell it Wednesday, it was a miracle Ted Cruz made it as far as he did in the Republican race for president.
Accused of being the infamous Zodiac killer, mocked for his relationship with his children and constantly targeted by the media and his fellow candidates — though he declined to mention a certain presumptive nominee by name — the Texas senator bore a burden greater, Limbaugh said, than the radio host has ever shouldered himself.
But the conservative movement did not die with Cruz's defeat in Indiana on Tuesday night, Limbaugh told listeners. "I think what happened is that another conservative messenger was systematically, piece by piece, destroyed," he declared, calling it the "normal course of things."
[...]
Going into the Republican race, Cruz was likely as prepared as they could be for some attacks from the Republican and Democratic establishments, Limbaugh suggested.
"He knew he had made enemies in the Republican establishment, and he knew that the media and the Democrat Party are automatic enemies," he continued.
"But here’s what I don’t know: I don’t know just how equipped anybody is to cheerfully, happily live each and every day with the kind of garbage, lies, filth spewed about you and your family multiple times a day.
And yet we’re told that the conservative must be cheerful and must be happy and must be a happy warrior."
[...]
"Stop and think of that for just a second," Limbaugh commented, asking listeners to put themselves in Cruz's shoes.
"Ted Cruz loves America as much as anybody," Limbaugh said, ticking off a list of Cruz's political and personal virtues.
"And then he has to get up every day and read stories in the media about how he is so mean and he is so vicious and so Hitler-like that his daughters will not even be in the same room with him because he scares them so much," he continued. "I mean, the stuff that was said about Cruz and his family — long before the Rafael Cruz-Lee Harvey Oswald stuff started, long before the Zodiac killer stuff started.
It’s nothing that any other conservative had to put up with."
[...]
"My question is, how does anybody go through that? I mean, you’re running for president, you have these desperately held beliefs, you think that we’re in a national crisis.
You’re frustrated because so many people don’t see it that way," he said. "You’re hellbent on convincing them. You’re hellbent on trying to explain to them why you’re doing what you’re doing.
You’re very earnest about it. You care about it so much that you’re doing everything that you can to get people to listen to you.
And every time you open your mouth, some fool is out making fun of you, destroying you, with lies, innuendo and so forth. Do you not at some point say: 'This can’t be done?'"

In the face of claims about Cruz that are "demonstrably not true" and that "everybody laughs about," Limbaugh confided, "I haven’t gone through much worse than that."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-...h-limbaugh-ted-cruz-222800#ixzz47iMB0epE

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Yawn...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We have Boehner, et al to thank for that.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
. . . But the conservative movement did not die with Cruz's defeat in Indiana on Tuesday night, Limbaugh told listeners. . . .

Rush went on to emphasize there isn't a "conservative movement" anymore. If there is a "movement" then "who is the head of the conservative movement," he asked?

Can any of the Canadian Cruz-ers on here answer Rush's question? Who is the head of the Conservative Movement, if there is such a thing?

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Conservative has been a label people hide behind. It's been bastardized to mean anti gay legislators of morality. I don't need a leader of a false movement dictating my beliefs to me.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Rush is a fat sack of chit.

He needs to shut up. The new GOP doesn't want him.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
so sayeth the spokesmen...

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by RWE
so sayeth the spokesmen...

You god damn right.

You'd be wise to try to comprehend and listen to Bristoe.

Rush is a fat old deaf terd whose time has passed.

Try to keep up.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Laffin...

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
This entire presentation is worth listening to. But if you don't want to listen to all of it, at least fast forward to 17:30 and learn what the new right,..the "alt" right is composed of.

If the GOP is to have a future, this is it.

If the GOP doesn't want it, it will find another outlet. But this the future for those who want to battle liberalism,..and it's already started. Trump is it's first representative.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

Who is the head of the Conservative Movement, if there is such a thing?

The man who allegedly plucked Sarah Palin out of obscurity and interviewed her dockside in Wasilla, Bill Kristol.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Right now Trump is behind Hillary.

Her lead is 5X bigger than the margin Obama beat Romney.

There are no demographics where Trump is positive, even white males [33% of voters].

Trump is ahead in the sub demographic of old white males without college.

What does it all mean?
Trump is going to have to turn around his relationship with white females and hispanics, the demographics that put Bush 43 in office.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

May second Rausman poll has Trump leading Clinton 41 to 39 percent

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2016/trump_41_clinton_39

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

Rush went on to emphasize there isn't a "conservative movement" anymore.
He's right.. It's because we're a dying breed - fewer and fewer with each passing year, while the libbies spawn like rabbits and go to libby-run schools where the libby profs indoctrinate the minds full of mush into libby-loving policies and beliefs..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Clarkm

There are no demographics where Trump is positive, even white males [33% of voters].

What does it all mean?
Trump is going to have to turn around his relationship with white females and hispanics, the demographics that put Bush 43 in office.

Boy I dunno about this. Some polls are showing Trump ahead...even this early.

I think we are underestimating the pent up hostility of voters from all demographics and party lines with (a) 8 years of Obama, and (b) the Establishment, and (c) with Hillary, 4-8 years of more of the same empty promises, lagging economy, rampant illegal immigration etc.

I also cannot ignore the way Sanders is giving er a hard time, and how so many have deflected to Bernie, which shows, if nothing else, a strong dissatisfaction with Hillary.

Where will these people cast a vote? Who knows but i think she is FAR weaker nationwide than we think.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
of course she is weaker nationwide (than the media would lead us to believe).

cruz owned the delegate selection process and rules according to the mainstream media. yet, even if he did, it wasn't enough to save his candidacy. Trump had the overall better strategy, no doubt.

and that's what we are dealing in, the best overall strategy. so far, the money is on trump, for better or worse. cruz should have folded his tent much sooner, but ego what it is, it's a difficult reality that he was forced to face.. and Bohner didn't help him all that much either.

Thank goodness we're not receiving all the gov't we are paying for....quote attributed to Will Rogers.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Originally Posted by Clarkm

What does it all mean?

Boy I dunno about this. Some polls are showing Trump ahead...even this early.

I think we are underestimating the pent up hostility of voters from all demographics and party lines with (a) 8 years of Obama, and (b) the Establishment, and (c) with Hillary, 4-8 years of more of the same empty promises, lagging economy, rampant illegal immigration etc.

I also cannot ignore the way Sanders is giving er a hard time, and how so many have deflected to Bernie, which shows, if nothing else, a strong dissatisfaction with Hillary.

Where will these people cast a vote? Who knows but i think she is FAR weaker nationwide than we think.

I think, or hope this is true. Sanders shows the weakness of hillary. She has less votes in the primaries this time than when she lost in 2008. Trump has record votes with 15 people in the race. Seems Trump fills up bigger halls, and those people will actually vote in November. Looks to me Trump has momentum, and hillary will stall.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
But...at the end of the day Cruz was just another sitting politician...

I can't understand why people don't understand that a large part of trumps success in the primaries has been that he is not a sitting plotician, and thus was a statement made by the American people....we are tired of sitting politicians

Cruz was dry and couldn't excite anyone, trump said what was on his mind....arena that was something fresh for the American people.

Besides Cruz can do so much more for America sitting on the bench of the Supreme Court

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here is graphing all Trump v Clinton polls for a year

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...eral_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cruz doesn't have an ideological problem. He is a true defender and believer in the Constitution. Cruz is hated because he is a failure at communicating with the masses. He speaks in a "debate or TV evangelist" form regardless of the setting. Everything is dramatic and comes across as memorized. Common people don't talk like that. He makes enemies of other politicians, whom he must depend upon to reach his goals, by alienating them, calling them names in public, and creating a "holier than thou" persona. He acts like a Pharisee in public, which is a big tun off to the masses. Because he has such poor personality/communication traits, he can't succeed in a national election.

However, these traits would be less likely to hurt him on the Supreme Court where his debating skills and intellect would be more agreeable.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

688 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 68 invisible), 3,213 guests, and 1,367 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,104
Posts18,483,222
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.