Print Thread
Hop To
K
kenoh2 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Since giving my Glock 17 to my oldest, I find myself with lots of 9mm ammo and components but no launcher. The plan was to pick up a CZ75 clone on the cheap (Canik, Witness, etc...). Since I don't need another carry gun it should be full sized with a steel frame. I called every shop I could think of within 100 miles and found nothing in stock. CZ's seem to be very scarce right now in my neighborhood. The closest I could find was a CZ75B stainless at a local shop but the trigger just wasn't that great, not too heavy but a lot of creep in SA. One dealer suggested a CZ75 Tactical Sports but also said: "Good luck finding one, I had to get one off of GB at full retail for myself".
So, after some research, it became obvious that the last dealer was right, I do need a CZ75 TS. None were in stock at the usual online shops. There are a few on GB and I was going to go ahead and bid on one today but checked Buds again and.... they now have them in stock! and a lot less $$ than GB!
It should be at my local FFL early next week. I haven't been this stoked over new gun in quite a while!

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Congratulations that's not an easy one to find. CZ's tend to have really good double action pulls and so-so single action right out of the box. But once cleaned up it makes for a really nice pistol. Now order up a set of checkered thin G10 grips from LOK or VZ grips (basically same grips, but you'll save money with LOK, and his CS is second to none) and you're going to LOVE the way that CZ feels in your hand.

CZ is a frustrating company. They have great products and really make a fantastic pistol but good luck trying to get your hands on one. I'm not really sure what the problem is. Either their sales and marketing department is really lousy at their job. Or the factory is unable to keep up with demand. If I had to guess, it's probably the latter. In the grand scheme of things I don't think they have a very big factory.

But one thing is for sure, they make a first rate pistol; you're gonna love it!!!

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I have always wanted to dabble with a CZ75, one of these days I will pick one up.

Congratulations on finding the pistol you want. Make sure and take pictures when you get it in your hands.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

K
kenoh2 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Ordered from Buds on Thursday and received on Monday.

Trigger pull out of the box is 1lb 9.5oz. Just a little more creep than I'd like but still very nice. I'll probably eventually install thin grips, an aluminum trigger and a fiber optic front/adjustable rear sight.

[Linked Image]

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Very Nice!

IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I LIKE that a LOT!

I have an old collectible Belgian Browning High Power that I keep thinking I should sell and use the money for something like that!

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
That is a great looking pistol! It looks like it would be very enjoyable to shoot. I predict you will enjoy it thoroughly.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I need to buy a full on target pistol.... as I kid I got to shoot some slow fire bulls eye matches.... Now as an adult my wife and I will still sometimes measure groups we fire with our carry guns using dial calipers....

We have started to shoot reactive targets in an effort to train ourselves to draw and shoot faster but shooting bragging sized groups on paper and handgun hunting are what I still enjoy the most...

Looking forward to a range report from keno2!

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
I LIKE that a LOT!

I have an old collectible Belgian Browning High Power that I keep thinking I should sell and use the money for something like that!
Every time something comes up in the news that seems like a SHTF event is imminent, which is about every couple of days, it makes one wonder what good all the collectible guns in one's collection really are. Jed was able to put his grandaddy's SAA to good use, but in reality, I'd rather have my M&P backing up my AR than my Frontier Six Shooter made in 1882.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
I LIKE that a LOT!

Every time something comes up in the news that seems like a SHTF event is imminent, which is about every couple of days, it makes one wonder what good all the collectible guns in one's collection really are. Jed was able to put his grandaddy's SAA to good use, but in reality, I'd rather have my M&P backing up my AR than my Frontier Six Shooter made in 1882.

Not all guns are for a "mission". What good will a bass boat be, or your home theater, Harley Davidson, '66 Chevelle, or your swimming pool? Some have guns as their toys for the pure enjoyment of owning and shooting them. Who gives a crap if they become useless in your SHTF scenario??

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
One of my distributors has 17 in stock, so a few in the pipeline.

NRA Life Member

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (12344mag, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 57 invisible), 2,475 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,409
Posts18,470,334
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.