Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
For the record, I think it is great news too, and that Razor LH looks nice. Kudos to Vortex for making the move.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
From what I heard(was talking the other day to one of our foremen who was on the jobsite), when it's all said and done Vortex wants to do EVERYTHING in USA(except glass as they have no capacity, at the moment, to do that). That is(I'm told) direct from the President of the company.

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This is a production expansion not a start-up.

In the grand scheme of things Vortex is a small company and will not even be a blip on the US economy. Too many non-producers being carried by every worker to think the grass just got real green...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Originally Posted by Woodhits
I love Nightforce but Vortex's representation among top PRS competitors is hard to ignore:
http://precisionrifleblog.com/2015/10/18/best-tactical-scopes-and-reticles/

THEY ARE PAYING PEOPLE AND GIVING THEM PRODUCT TO DO THAT!!! all those shooters are sponsored. what do you expect them to use. its expensive to travel to those matches rifles and ammo is expensive. someone willing to help them I would use their stuff too.

Give it up, man. You don't know what you're talking about. Winners use what works, regardless of whether it's free or not.

Vortex has gotten where its at because of better marketing, If you don't think they are out there promoting and sponsoring more people I don't know what to tell you. If your a shooter and company is willing to give you some free equipment your going to try and make it work. anyone would that is common sense. jordan, dude go back to shooting your kimber. meanwhile here is a couple of vortex tracking videos to watch,

notice how the reticle jumps at the 50 second mark down then back up.

If your on snipers hide you will see vortex has a TON of returns on their scopes for some reason they have managed public perception that people aren't bothered by this.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Yes..they have a ton of returns on the PST, and lower grade scopes. The Razor is, and has been, all but bulletproof.

Believe what you want, but sponsorship money does not run gear selection in the PRS.

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
They gonna make the big stickers for rear windows of pickup trucks in Wisconsin too? They need to fit between stacks on Dodge diesels. My one and only Vortex product was sent back to Wisconsin right after it came out of the box. No more for me, Wisco or otherwise. mtmuley

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by Woodhits
I love Nightforce but Vortex's representation among top PRS competitors is hard to ignore:
http://precisionrifleblog.com/2015/10/18/best-tactical-scopes-and-reticles/

THEY ARE PAYING PEOPLE AND GIVING THEM PRODUCT TO DO THAT!!! all those shooters are sponsored. what do you expect them to use. its expensive to travel to those matches rifles and ammo is expensive. someone willing to help them I would use their stuff too.

Give it up, man. You don't know what you're talking about. Winners use what works, regardless of whether it's free or not.

Vortex has gotten where its at because of better marketing, If you don't think they are out there promoting and sponsoring more people I don't know what to tell you. If your a shooter and company is willing to give you some free equipment your going to try and make it work. anyone would that is common sense. jordan, dude go back to shooting your kimber. meanwhile here is a couple of vortex tracking videos to watch,

notice how the reticle jumps at the 50 second mark down then back up.

If your on snipers hide you will see vortex has a TON of returns on their scopes for some reason they have managed public perception that people aren't bothered by this.

I'd rather go and put another few hundred rounds down range with my RAZOR. Course I can do that because I actually own one. How about you? Ever owned a Razor? PRS guys that use Vortex are almost exclusively shooting Razor Gen II's. You ever seen one? Show me a tracking vid of a Gen II, as well as all the SH posts reporting Gen II failures. We're not talking about Diamondbacks or Viper's here.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by liliysdad

Believe what you want, but sponsorship money does not run gear selection in the PRS.

Yup

C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Razors are made by Light Optical Works of Japan as well as some Nightforce. Not a fan of Crossfire, Diamondback or Viper but I have to admit the Razor is an outstanding scope. Don't own a Razor scope but do own a Razor Mini Red Dot. It is excellent.

It is true Vortex cannot keep up with demand. I called Thursday to see if they had any Venoms in stock through the Dealer Program we have at work. Venoms are backordered until this fall as well as the Razor Red Dots.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That L.O.W. company doesn't get enough recognition for what they do. My understanding is that most SWFA, the high end Bushnell's, some Nightforce scopes and all Nightforce parts, the Vortex Razor, and I don't know what else, are made there. That's pretty impressive and more to the point, impactful on our shooting lives so to speak!

Pretty typical for the Japanese to be out in front in terms of manufacturing QC and quality. THAT, is something we need to strive to "get back". I expect Vortex is trying just that. It's not easy. To truly implement world class QC is extremely non-trivial. I remember, when I worked in the aircraft industry, the QC guy was literally stressing himself to an early grave. He was between a rock and a hard place. That was due to the internal dynamics and "culture" of the company, which put him in an adversarial position, a position of being responsible- or seen as such- for decisions that threatened the profitability and forward progress of the project.... Properly implemented QC is "structural" to to the company and prevents that.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I believe March scopes are made there as well.

C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The March website states they are made in Japan so I agree, they pretty much have to be made by LOW.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I found a few different scope makers based in Japan that build rifle scopes and other optics branded with some familiar names.

March is in league of it's own and I don't see any similarities with any other brand. If I could afford them I would have them on most everything. From personally getting to use them from time to time their top end stuff is phenomenal.

I'm not for certain being I haven't been there is that March scopes are built by Deon Optical Design. According to the very first sentence on their website it says they design and build their own scopes. http://marchscopes-deon.com/

"Hired Gun" Quickest and fastest all motor sand car on the planet.
3.008 at 104.8 300' of sand.

NRA Patron Life Member, Gunsmith, Instructor, Chief RSO
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The problem with the razor is its a freaking 3 pound rifle scope. It's utterly unpractical on anything but a range queen rifle . I also feel,that for what they charge for them and given the fact vortex changes models often blowing out the old stuff it's a poor resale value. Couple that wth tracking issues and returns that are well known.

My money stays with nightforce, jordan do you have the 3 pound razor on the kimber. I still stand by vortex being a lot of hype. Remember how it seemed like everyone shot a to encore? I mean everyone on tv had one, same deal here

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
You really ought to know that you dont know what you think you know before trying to talk about it.

Calling the most popular scope in the PRS, sponsored and non sponsored, a scope suitable only for "range queens" and that the Razors have poor resale value makes it painfully obvious you have absolutely zero clue in this realm.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Was in the Cabelas store in Lubbock, TX Saturday. They have a Diamondaback 8x42 for $119. Seems like a steal. Anybody ever use one? I figure if nothing else I can take it to Africa and give it to someone there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, they sucked so bad I sold my Classics and kept them.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
16, if you were talking to me, seriously? I thought they were awfully good, especially for $119.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I think he left out a sarcastic smiley face wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
16, if you were talking to me, seriously? I thought they were awfully good, especially for $119.

Seriously, I sold my Classics and kept the 8x42's. I thought I stole them for $139 though. $119 is a hell of a deal.

The 12x50's are dog schit.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (06hunter59, 160user, 007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 58 invisible), 2,093 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,044
Posts18,482,171
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.