Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Neighbors son told us yesterday that there was leftover tags for sale in Montana. So a deer tag is six hundred????? And I can fish, bird hunt. Guess I'll stick to Wyoming

GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Being they sold out right away - must be a total rip off.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Greenhorn
Being they sold out right away - must be a total rip off.

This^.....a bunch of somebodys think its worth it.

Wyo snuck a peek at the outside world....whoa, there, "it aint right."

Last edited by Wyogal; 05/09/16.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Add me the "worth it" list.

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's definitely not worth it. You should hunt elsewhere.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

John Wayne
IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Maybe the view from Sunlight Basin has gotten old for him....
There's great hunting right in his own back yard.
I count my blessings, but would enjoy a grouse hunt, upland game hunt up Montana way. Would definitely be worth it.

Last edited by Wyogal; 05/09/16.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I forgot to log on until after lunch and missed the deer tags so ended up getting a big game combo for an extra $400. Very likely won't use the elk tag so I realistically paid $1k for a deer tag. Sure wish I'd have put a reminder into my phone.

Politicians and Diapers both need to be changed often, and for the same reason!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I hunted Montana for the first time last year and it was worth the price of the tag. I logged on in the morning but hesitated because I'm waiting on Utah credit card hits which should be within the week. Guess I'm headed to Idaho for the first time if I don't draw Utah. Poor me. grin

The critters have to win every time, I only have to win once. www.swanspointoutfitters.com
www.lazybar-t.com outfitters
65-43-22-5
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
It really is a ripoff, people are dicks, tons of private ground, deer aren't rutting, overcrowded, small deer, list goes on and on..... how the phucqe do they sell out???

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by moose444
Neighbors son told us yesterday that there was leftover tags for sale in Montana. So a deer tag is six hundred????? And I can fish, bird hunt. Guess I'll stick to Wyoming

Last time I checked Wyoming didn't give a discount to us from Missouri

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
600 is more than a NR pays for an AK moose tag, caribou tag, or three deer tags, or two black bear tags...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
600 is more than a NR pays for an AK moose tag, caribou tag, or three deer tags, or two black bear tags...

Can you hunt those DIY out of your pickup truck?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
where it is a ripoff or not depends on how bad you want to hunt in a particular state

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Montana NR tag prices are more than a ripoff, they are offensive.

Colorado is much more inclusive to easily offended peoples.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Backroads

EASILY....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I fail to see how knowing the price up-front for something you may wish to purchase can be deemed a rip-off. I wish I could afford to hunt all other western states; but, I can't afford to. I don't feel they are ripping me off. The times at which I do decide I can afford to hunt other states, I pay the asking price. I'm not being ripped off. Do I wish I could pay less or do it for free? Absolutely. Am I being ripped off? No.

As a resident of the state of Montana and, then of course, the United States, I will say that both are constantly ripping me off based upon their haphazard and negligent use of my exorbitantly high and confiscatory tax rates. That, however, is another discussion.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Yes, you can, some quite easily.

Of course you might actually have to get out of the truck...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Geez. Here we go again. And from Wyoming no less. While I haven't checked WY NR tags lately about 10 years ago I could go there elk hunting for $1200. Of course at the time it was $600 here in MT for a NR.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Yes, you can, some quite easily.

Of course you might actually have to get out of the truck...

You are right, my answer of easily was very much incorrect....hell you might even have to get off the damned ATV. LOL

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Not a rip off,but all G&F departments,no matter what states wants to maximize the dollars coming in. They will continue to raise prices until sales start to drop off an then find some other way to make money.

In Colorado the CPW is looking at ways to bring in more money also. One such way, started this year, is that tags cannot be turned back in for a refund no later than 30 days before the season opens,except for medical emergencies and few other reasons.Plus there is now a fee to do so.

They also want to do away with the free senior fishing licenses.

Read the 5 year big game big game structure document all the way thru. Towards the end,you will see the prime objective it to make more money.It even overshadows sound big game management practices

Last edited by saddlesore; 05/11/16.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

420 members (10ring1, 1lessdog, 1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 48 invisible), 2,506 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,366
Posts18,488,184
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.