Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
X
x2mosg Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
X
How about it guys?? Suggestions? Experience?

Looking for something relatively easy to clean. Prefer to be rated for .22WMR. Would prefer to stay in the under $300 class, but would do up to $400 if it was a game changer.

I've made my choice for a 7.62 can, but I think I'm going to go ahead and get the rimfire at the same time.

Thoughts??

Thanks,

David

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
David, can't speak for everyone, but I've got a Gemtech GM-22. I also have a Dead Air Mask HD ordered that should clear Form 3 soon.

The GM-22 is a lightweight aluminum monocore, which is exactly why I bought it. It's all aluminum except for the thread assembly. Very lightweight suppressor. One of the big things I like about it is that adding the suppressor doesn't change point of impact on my guns. Love this. It will handle calibers .22lr, .22wmr, and .17hmr. Cost: $300.

I've only had one problem with the GM-22 and it was my fault. After tightening the monocore into the tube too tight to shoot one rifle, the core got froze up with the tube. Soaked it in Kroil for 2 weeks and a buddy helped me get it popped loose. It has a 1/4" drive socket hole in the business end. We put a 1/4" drive socket handle in a vise and twisted the suppressor with 2 hands and it popped loose. Good thing to note here, I had already called Gemtech and spoke with their head tech guy, Joey, and he said it wouldn't be any problem at all to ship it back to them and they'd take care of it right away and ship it back to me. Customer service had also been a consideration in my purchase and Gemtech proved themselves with that response. Out of my Kidd 10/22, the sound is roughly nothing more than a slightly resonant clicking noise when using CCI SV or Gemtech 42 gr suppressor designed ammo. When I ordered the Kidd, I ordered a bolt buffer for better noise suppression and all of the above work well together.

Thompson Machine makes one very similar to the GM-22 that is called ISIS.

The reason I chose the Dead Air Mask was for quality of materials used and sound, as well as the familiar K-baffle design. It's made of titanium and stainless steel. Can't wait to get my hands on this one. All reviews I've found are completely positive. It will handle all .17-.22 rimfire and 5.7x28. Cost: $375.

TacSol makes a very similar suppressor called the AXIOM which has been around for a little while and has great reviews. Also, great company to deal with.

Interested to know what you chose as a 7.62 can. ??

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I did Omega for 30cal and AAC Element 2 for rimfire. Form 4 submitted for the Omega but still waiting on Form 3 to transfer to my dealer on the Element. Just hoping the Form 3 clears before the July deadline. Damn the wait sucks!

You need to call it. I can't call it for you.
X
x2mosg Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
X
local, I think it was your thread I read about the GM22 a few weeks ago, but may have been someone else. I like the simplicity for sure. The new Ruger looks pretty decent but haven't seen pricing on it yet. YHM has one I looked at a little, but know nothing about it really. I knew guys here woudl have some knowledge and that's what I'd rather go on.

R280, Omega for me as well. Just gotta figure out which rimfire I want. I could always use an adapter for the Omega, but it's twice the weight and diameter. The search is on.

Thanks guys. Keep it coming.

X
x2mosg Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
X
local,

I missed you last comment. Omega. Haven't signed up yet, but in the next couple weeks. I did go ahead and put the flash hiders on 2 AR's (5.56) I built in the last couple months. It just seems like a hell of a can for the money and suppression level it's providing. I've yet to see a negative review. I'll be putting together a 300BLK in the next few weeks and then an AR-10 later this year that will all share the Omega. And I may pick up a 243 or similar Ruger American with the threaded barrel to cull does with as well. Bama legalized it recently.

Any thoughts on that, as well, would be welcome.

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I have a Silencerco Sparrow waiting for my Form 4 approval (as well as an Omega 7.62 and an Osprey 45). Went all Silencerco based on reviews, reputation and customer service (they'll "even fix stupid once"... Hah!). Now just need to submit a Form 1 for an SBR, then I'm done I think.

MWN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've had a Silencerco Sparrow for nearly a year. Selected it based on recommendations from experienced people in my circle. It certainly has lived up to my expectations but I don't have anything else (rimfire) to compare it to.

I've used it on a rifle but really like it on a couple Ruger .22 pistols (Mk II and Mk III) that I have.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand at the ready to do violence on their behalf.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Sounds like I'm gonna have to look at the Omega and check to see if it'll retro down to 5.56?

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have only tried the Silencerco Spectre II. Rated for 22 Mag and comes in at 6-1/2 ozs. Love it. I use it mostly on my 22 LR's - 22/45's and 10/22's. My son basically stole mine, so I bought another.

May be out of your range, though....at a little less than $350 street price.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by 257heaven; 05/14/16.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Sounds like I'm gonna have to look at the Omega and check to see if it'll retro down to 5.56?

Yes, it will work down to 5.56, advertised as doing it quite well - we'll see! I bought it for use on 308win, 300BO, and 5.56 myself.

IC B3

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Tactical Solutions Titanium AXIOM...could not be happier..very clean design. Most of my friends who have .22 suppressors have had the threads freeze up if they were not cleaned regularly...no problems with the AXIOM.

Have compared it to several others and doesn't seem to have the first round "pop" many of the others do.

Got mine from the SilencerShop...

Starwars....

[Linked Image]

Ruger MKIII Hunter with TS upper...

[Linked Image]

S&W 422

[Linked Image]

Marlin 882 .22 Magnum....

[Linked Image]

007 AR7...

[Linked Image]

...and my favorite .22 of all time..CZ452 American 17"...

Very accurate with or without the can... Bottom right group is 100 yards...

[Linked Image]

Will take all rounds up to a 5.7 FN...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I have a Silencerco Spectre II and am very happy with it. I shoot it mostly on a Walther P22 and a Ruger 10/22. If I was going to get another rimfire can I'd probably get a ZAI Voodoo. They are made near me in Nebraska. Pretty similar to the Spectre, is mag rated, and is a little cheaper. The guys who make them run Silencer HQ, where I've gotten all of my suppressors from. Great guys with top notch service.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RJM
Tactical Solutions Titanium AXIOM...could not be happier..very clean design. Most of my friends who have .22 suppressors have had the threads freeze up if they were not cleaned regularly...no problems with the AXIOM.

Have compared it to several others and doesn't seem to have the first round "pop" many of the others do.

Got mine from the SilencerShop...

Starwars....

[Linked Image]

Ruger MKIII Hunter with TS upper...

[Linked Image]

S&W 422

[Linked Image]

Marlin 882 .22 Magnum....

[Linked Image]

007 AR7...

[Linked Image]

...and my favorite .22 of all time..CZ452 American 17"...

Very accurate with or without the can... Bottom right group is 100 yards...

[Linked Image]

Will take all rounds up to a 5.7 FN...

Bob

That AXIOM looks right at home on your entire battery there, Bob.

IF you don't mind me asking, who'd you have do the barrel threading on the 452?

I'm thinking about having it done on mine. The only thing holding me back is just how damn accurate it is and the beautiful crown it has on the barrel!

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
X
x2mosg Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
X
You guys have given me a lot to think about. It seems that a lot of the rimfire suppressors are good units. Guess it's time to study up some more. Hope to get my order and papers in by the end of May, mid-June at latest.

local dirt,

The Omega is impressive as hell on paper, and in the videos I've seen, with sound level testing equipment as well. I intend to use it on everything from 223/5.56 up through .308.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I did some checking on the Omega and read some reviews and blogs. Checking for local knowledge.

Ordered a second Mask a few days ago.. just in case (we all know why) and just because (I got my serial# within an hour and can file Form 4 with my FFL June 14).

Last edited by local_dirt; 05/17/16.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I like my Omega. And Harvester. And Sparrow.....

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Funny...I have a Harvester and Omega also...

LD...that is a factory CZ452 American 17"...came that way. A friend had his 22" American done and didn't loose anything in the accuracy department.

Bob

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks, Bob. Do you happen to know who your friend had do the cut and recrown on his 452 22"?

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
The smith was quite old and I believe retired...

You should be able to find someone locally to bring your rifle to...

Bob

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I've got a good gunnie local, but turnaround time isn't one of his strong points.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (007FJ, 160user, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 65 invisible), 2,657 guests, and 1,338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,948
Posts18,480,333
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.