Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

Just a few minutes ago we received an offer on the property. It's only been on the market eight days.

Lets hope you get another one....and they start a bidding war! grin

Not likely but it would be fun.

Not looking to get more than a million out of this place. We are not selling to make money we are looking to save our lives.

Damn I wish we had retired ten years ago. We could give this place away and not be hurt.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Just a few minutes ago we received an offer on the property. It's only been on the market eight days.

Lets hope you get another one....and they start a bidding war! grin

Not likely but it would be fun.

Not looking to get more than a million out of this place. We are not selling to make money we are looking to save our lives.

Damn I wish we had retired ten years ago. We could give this place away and not be hurt.

No reason you shouldn't make some money on it. You took a significant risk, put a lot of work into it, and created something of value. I do understand your priorities. You got to get out of it alive first, and if it happens to fund a few extra higher quality hunts, well, you earned them.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

Break even or lose a few, doesn't matter. We want out.

Our manager this morning should have been here at 0700. Finally after four emails and two phone calls (mail box full) he shows up at 1400. Then it's, "Too hot to work".

I have an fully enclosed airconditioned tractor for him to drive.

Yeah, I know some jerks here will say, "Drive it yourself".

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Your manager has short-timers syndrome and knows you ain't getting rid of him while its being sold.

Glad you got a bid and can look forward to relaxing.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Regardless, he'd be the former manager after that.

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Originally Posted by Tarkio

I enjoy satire and harsh humor more than most.

Please show me where I have shown ignorance. It is typically those lacking in intelligence who avoid facts, emote and resort to name calling rather than dealing with facts.

I note you ignored my revelation about your condescension to the minions and redirected your response away from my comments about you being a snob who comes here only to boost your own ego and brag about what you have and believe others do not.

Your "revelation" missed that his comment was sarcasm.

No. He is trying to use a little sarcasm to cover his trail.

When I called him on his condescension, he resorts to name calling and calls me IGNORANT. I asked for him to show me where I earned that moniker. No response to that, just more bragging.

Guy comes on here posting that he has his place for sale and asks rhetorically, anyone here interested? I will give you a discount. He knows damn good and well that a property is not going to sell on the HC.

He asks for a real estate professional's input when he already has a realtor repping for him.

He comes on here to brag about how much his property is worth. And he can't help himself to attack others by intimating they aren't his equal because he has more money. Kind of like that a$$hole doctor from UT.

Like I said, seems the guy is not too bad in person as he has made a few friends. But I can't stomach a egomaniacal braggart like this.

Montana MOFO
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A million bucks for the privilege of owning a FARM, with dealing with the general public and tight government regulation thrown in for enticements.....

Where do I sign up?

(Please engage sarcasm font).

Hope you get it sold Spanky. Farming is not a lot more than hard work.....

Sic Semper Tyrannis
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Can I sell my house on Hunter's Campfire?

??

Sure. Why not? You have my permission.

How much you asking? I might just buy it out of petty cash.

Now that it is established that Hunter Campfire is in the real estate business, here are some more vineyards for sale...
When it’s time to sell the dream
By Posted on Feb 03 2014 | By John Hagarty
Winery sales often lengthy and complex

There are 259 wineries in Virginia producing 511,000 cases of wine annually. The industry has achieved dramatic success in both growth and reputation since the first tasting room opened in 1975.

Today, the quality and repute of Old Dominion wine is recognized nationally and around the world. Last year, Steven Spurrier, a renowned international wine authority said, “Virginia is a solid competitor in the global wine industry.” Such high praise is a commonly heard refrain.

And yet, there is an anomaly to the sanguine picture of a robust and healthy wine culture: Few wineries are profitable and most are difficult to sell.

Indeed, notwithstanding advances in vineyard plantings and winemaking skills resulting in a commensurate increase in the production of fine wine, it still remains a challenge to actually make money in the business. If a winery isn’t turning a profit, potential buyers can be hard to conjure up.

With many of the state’s winery owners entering their retirement years, it is expected an increase in properties will go up for sale, especially if adult children do not share mom & dad’s dream. But selling even a marginally profitable business is a challenge. Typically, it takes three years or more to find a qualified buyer.

Rick Walden, owner of Virginia Estates, a Charlottesville real estate firm that specializes in selling farms, estates, vineyards and wineries says, “I’m just about the only guy in the state handling winery sales. How many are making money? I’m gonna go for zero.” He bluntly points up the narrow margins earned in a difficult business.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
^ Lesson to those considerin a "dopery".

Probably couldn't even have an indoor "tasting room".

Everybody gotta stand outside.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Dopery"

Hah! That's hilarious. I'm going to have a to use that.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy

I enjoy satire and harsh humor more than most.

Please show me where I have shown ignorance. It is typically those lacking in intelligence who avoid facts, emote and resort to name calling rather than dealing with facts.

I note you ignored my revelation about your condescension to the minions and redirected your response away from my comments about you being a snob who comes here only to boost your own ego and brag about what you have and believe others do not.

Your "revelation" missed that his comment was sarcasm.

No. He is trying to use a little sarcasm to cover his trail.

When I called him on his condescension, he resorts to name calling and calls me IGNORANT. I asked for him to show me where I earned that moniker. No response to that, just more bragging.

Guy comes on here posting that he has his place for sale and asks rhetorically, anyone here interested? I will give you a discount. He knows damn good and well that a property is not going to sell on the HC.

He asks for a real estate professional's input when he already has a realtor repping for him.

He comes on here to brag about how much his property is worth. And he can't help himself to attack others by intimating they aren't his equal because he has more money. Kind of like that a$$hole doctor from UT.

Like I said, seems the guy is not too bad in person as he has made a few friends. But I can't stomach a egomaniacal braggart like this.

Like I said, jackwagon is the word you're looking for.

LOL
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Dutch
A million bucks for the privilege of owning a FARM, with dealing with the general public and tight government regulation thrown in for enticements.....

Where do I sign up?

(Please engage sarcasm font).

Hope you get it sold Spanky. Farming is not a lot more than hard work.....

So we have found out. We might make a small(very small)profit but even if we take a loss it's not a big deal. At this stage the money is not important.

www.paracay.com

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by MadMooner
"Dopery"

Hah! That's hilarious. I'm going to have a to use that.

Lotta people going into the dope business now that it is legal in Oregon.

www.paracay.com

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Nice place! That would run $20 million in Colorado...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I know jacksquat about growing grapes but if you're hiring people to do the work on 8 acres you better have an amazing $$$ per acre profit to even break even.

I'm guessing the actual growing/winery business is brutal for a rookie.

You're getting a really nice house along a few acres in a nice location.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SamOlson

You're getting a really nice house along a few acres in a nice location hick town in a third rate state.

Fixt

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Like I said, a nice location.....grin

But for that kind of money too many neighbors.

Not to mention a short view.

Last edited by SamOlson; 05/14/16.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I know jacksquat about growing grapes but if you're hiring people to do the work on 8 acres you better have an amazing $$$ per acre profit to even break even.

I'm guessing the actual growing/winery business is brutal for a rookie.

You're getting a really nice house along a few acres in a nice location.

limes would be good. 8 acres of limes would be good.

Only been to one winery in my life. bigger than 8 acres for sure.

Help might be pretty cheap in parts of Oregon though.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Around here all the money makin' places come with an old house and a bunch of acres.

And a couple old pickups and tractors.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Nice place! That would run $20 million in Colorado...

That's because we grow better wine, second only to California.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

195 members (1eyedmule, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 27 invisible), 2,178 guests, and 1,084 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,079
Posts18,501,599
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.